The Dark Knight Rises 1/6 Scale Batman Dioramas - Theatracality Sewer ; Perspex Vault

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/FfSkvX_mlmM

UPDATE:

WOW! Lots changed since I took time off
Spoiler Spoiler:

Since everyone and their mother is now building these I guess I best hurry my arse up and knock this out. I started putzing around some of the other dios to get them completed which was

(1) Bane "Breaking the Bat" - Oh Boy it is the BOMB.COM
(2) Joker "GCPD Jail" Holding cell

and left this Jewel dusting. Got the doors off this now and I'm working on the metal parts had to cast and cut some pieces.

Hopefully will have this piece completed in the next 30-60 days barring breakage and/or injury LOL!

Wanna get this done to light a fire under these guys charging an arm and a leg for 1 to help those willing to dive in.

Although I will say I'm pretty sure this one will smoke whatever comes out from any other company mass produced from what I have seen, so this can only be good for the freaks investing in one and those wanting a TDKR Vault by showing what is possible when done taking time and doing work properly. A few Pics of the backlog. More to come!

Backlog.... Beep Beep Beep.

work1_zps774cb23a.jpg

Bruce Surveying the sad progress.....
bruce0_zps28b3eff2.jpeg

Dx12 Fit test in existing case (Thank god it didnt get taller than DX02 by much)

bruce1_zps2ce45434.jpg

Evening folks!

Started work on the 2nd level, The "cat" stand for the primary connector bridge walkway. Added 3rd level wall structure and canvas backer board to begin scaled wall modeling and top crosswalk level.

Running plastic floor tray for water feature and building up main support beams in the next day or two.

Right side still needs framed for the waterfall and bane's central command level.

Still delayed on final I-beam supplies to start building up the walkways........

Pics:

Water. Using a plastic potting tray for flowers and going to slope it into a feeder basin. Use an old aquarium pump to cycle the water up the right wall and create a waterfall. Then i am going to fill the aqueduct with airbag material and silicone top to help with the fast water look.

So hopefully it wont need too much water and not make a mess...

:horror :horror :horror

That is absolutely insane, man. Good to have you back! Oh, and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back on the move!

I had some custom pieces made from a plastics company and they just came in today, (well 1/3 of the supplies). So I got to start building tonight.:rock

The rest will not be in until first week of February. :impatient:

Here's some pics of the lower bridge and floor test.......

bridge4_zps69b0178a.jpg
"]

bridge1_zps534e6f64.jpg

bridge3_zps2396d60b.jpg

Floor Test

floor_zps0a1f219c.jpg

and somebody is checking on Daggett's investment......

bridgebane_zpsfab81ada.jpg

banebridge1_zpsc4a1bf60.jpg

banebridge2_zps47a7f41f.jpg

Do you feel in charge?

banebridge3_zps32be4359.jpg

Great job man. I do have one issue, that bridge looks to be a little thin. Shouldn't it be wider?

This is shaping up to be the dio to end all dios!

Running water?!? :panic::horror:thud: You're a god among mortals man...you need a separate room for all your displays...rope it off and charge admission! :lol Can't wait to see more!

Can't wait for update, man!

Sorry for lack of updates guys. I'm fighting the company I purchased my styrene from right now. They said they shipped my supplies yet I have not received them. I think they are going to ship them this week and i can get back to building.

In the meantime I was busy building up my Terminator Police shootout and the CB750 FOUR motorcycle from the movie.

Back to basics soon!

Last edited:
Small update. Had family over this week fighting and scratching for some time to work on the dio.

Here's the main crosswalk with fresh wet paint app and black wash in development...............

DSC_0001_zps63ee2e35.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsa3947638.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsb6701b40.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsdc5f9065.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsd95ee775.jpg

https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r536/hokietwo/BANE%20Sewer%20Dio/photo_zpsf1079deb.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r536/hokietwo/BANE%20Sewer%20Dio/photo_zpsf1079deb.jpg

image-7_zps8e8345d6.jpeg

image_zpsde83baf8.jpeg

Hi mate! Congrats! A question please...is your bane body the stock one or you have changed the arms?

Can't wait to see the rest of your project!

Maybe it has been mentioned, but where do you guys find grids like those? Any places in particular?

Thank's in advance.

Back