The Dark Knight Rises 1/6 Scale Batman Dioramas - Theatracality Sewer ; Perspex Vault

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises 1/6 Scale Batman Dioramas - Perspex Vault

Started measuring the final dimensions of this badboy, checking the height on the door swings.

Also took some time to play around with the optics on the Makrolon. Seems to project light quite well. Can't see very well in the picture but the light prisms down throught the sides of the pieces, pretty cool.

Be intresting to see how to best finish the lighting off within the vault.

Last edited:

Pneumatic Door Shocks...you are blowing my mind....:explode:

Just great...very inspired work!

Update for the night:

Got the front cage housing top and step up platforms created. Need to polish the angles of the glass housing. This was rough , wasted 2 pieces of material with router jumping off the table. Stinks as this is a big pice to ruin. Was praying to greater powers to get a clean cut.:pray: Tomorrow I'll be starting the doors and door swings on the base.

Thanks for all of the positive remarks, starting to feel like Indiana Jones on some damned fool crusade for the holy grail trying to piece this thing together!:lol

Cheers!

Last edited:

Got lucky, just looked at the front cage glass and was afraid the framing was too high to the body, but forgot I have to shave 3/8 of an inch off the bottom to brace over the step up platform. Should be ok and level with the cowl mouth and angle more at the shoulders per referrence.

Are you planning on making all the gadgets for the doors?
Either way constantly hungry for more pictures, awesome work :clap

:thud:This is awesome :clap:clap,

I have been toying with the idea of attempting one of these myself and gathering reference photos etc but not gotten very far as yet.

I have to ask what did you use to make the templates that you used to cast the aluminium components?

This seems to be shaping up into something pretty incredible. I can't wait to see it finished.

:thud:This is awesome :clap:clap,

I have been toying with the idea of attempting one of these myself and gathering reference photos etc but not gotten very far as yet.

I have to ask what did you use to make the templates that you used to cast the aluminium components?

Hello, I used plastic to build the frames and then molded in silicone and cast in a tin/pewter ore mixture. Needed some antimony and copper in the mixture to harden the metals. Working with low temp metals they are not as strong obviously as aluminum or steel so that helps keep it at a stronger composition to be able to take a drill and screw [Insert a thats what she said joke here].

Im yet to do any molding and casting but it looks like a necessity with this piece. How did you go about making them in plastic? as the originals look like a solid piece? assuming the creamy coloured ones in the 1st few pics are the originals that is.

Hi folks, I added a disclaimer for this project to the top post. I'm starting to get questions on building this and for the people trying this please BE CAREFUL! Do not want people getting injured. There are very serious ways to get hurt or worse with the tools and materials used for this project. :medic

This is not an arts and crafts foamboard model.

:yess:Now for a little fun. I think of this clip alot with these dios.
[ame="https://youtu.be/SrMiCYi7I00"]https://youtu.be/SrMiCYi7I00[/ame]

Last edited:

Hi folks, I added a disclaimer for this project to the top post. I'm starting to get questions on building this and for the people trying this please BE CAREFUL! Do not want people getting injured. There are very serious ways to get hurt or worse with the tools and materials used for this project. :medic

This is not an arts and crafts foamboard model.

:yess:Now for a little fun. I think of this clip alot with these dios.
https://youtu.be/SrMiCYi7I00

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:clap

UPDATE:

Been away with work again, so havent been able to progress as much on this as much as I would like. But I am through a project, so time will be available.

Got the inner frame built on the main container. This was a *****! :gah: I must have wasted about 1 square foot of material. My patience is tried hourly with this thing.

The main Front glass needs to be shaved down on the sides and within the inner frame. I had to get the cuts measured in before shaving it else this piece would look like *****. :)

Finally can set the door posts tomorrow. Will begin hanging them and much more "fun" updates will be sent.:yess:

Last edited:

Your craftmanship is to be admired, sir.

Your craftmanship is to be admired, sir.
Thank you.

Thank You.

shiat, this is going to be amazing.
Thank you.

LOL.

Thank you all. Small update for the night.

Door support pneumatic shocks. Finally got all of these little guys measured and cut. Will connect them into the back wall tomorrow to size the door sections. Good to get a break from the perspex for a day. That stuff is nasty to work with. Its a slow process, but I can start to see the vault finally coming together.

Last edited:

Amazing work. I love your attention to detail on all of your dios, right down to the materials you use to construct them. It adds a sense of realism to them when you see that they're made of metal and perspex or concrete.

Back