"The Dark Knight" passes $1 billion at box office

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the reasons that Titanic made so much cash was people like my ex-girlfriend and her buddies who saw the movie at least 7 or 8 times in the theater. I kid you not!

True. Titanic made most of it's money from teenage girls who were obsessed with Leo, seeing the film multiple times like you said. Also, back then ticket prices were cheaper so you could do that. Now days, someone spending $10.50 to see a movie more than once is rare especially since movies now routinely end up on DVD within the same year of release. It use to be Theatre/Rental stores/VHS. lol. Now it's Theatre and like 6 months later it's available on DVD.

True. Titanic made most of it's money from teenage girls who were obsessed with Leo, seeing the film multiple times like you said. Also, back then ticket prices were cheaper so you could do that. Now days, someone spending $10.50 to see a movie more than once is rare especially since movies now routinely end up on DVD within the same year of release. It use to be Theatre/Rental stores/VHS. lol. Now it's Theatre and like 6 months later it's available on DVD.

Not just teenage girls...but freaking kindergardeners....that was ALL the rage when I was kindergardern. We would sing "My heart will go on" on the bus, we would act out action scenes from the movie, and fight over who was Jack.....wow....

:monkey4

I loved the fans quote too. Probably one of the few things that evening which actually did provoke laughter... as the vast majority of the show blew righteously save for the one shining moment when Heath won for the Joker (well, two moments if you count the Best Sound Editing Oscar as well). When Benjamin Button won over TDK and IM for best visual effects, I would taste the bile. Aside from TDK's two wins, I thought the Oscars were rife with injustice just to give the award to the little Bollywood film that could.

Oh I literally screamed at the TV when Benjamin Button won for visual effects. It made one man look old for half a movie! Im and TDK kicked butt with tons of visual effects, PLUS TDK had Two face! He looked wayyyy better then Ben Button in my opinion!

Oh I literally screamed at the TV when Benjamin Button won for visual effects. It made one man look old for half a movie! Im and TDK kicked butt with tons of visual effects, PLUS TDK had Two face! He looked wayyyy better then Ben Button in my opinion!

I didn't understand that one either especially since it just won for best make-up!

:confused:

I didn't understand that one either especially since it just won for best make-up!

:confused:

I guess they felt they had to toss Benjamin a few bones since it had so many nominations...

One of the reasons that Titanic made so much cash was people like my ex-girlfriend and her buddies who saw the movie at least 7 or 8 times in the theater. I kid you not!

It's the reason that movie made the obscene amount of money that it did. Teenage girls and Leonardo Dicaprio.

I would also argue that it's a variation of that formula that's lead to TDK's staggering take, except instead of teenage girls and Dicaprio, it's Heath Ledger and obsessed fanboys.

Both movie's were good, but not that good.

if you can make a georgeous looking guy like Brad Pitt look like an ugly guy, you darn well deserve an oscar :)

Pshhhh. As proved by "She's All That" all you need to make a good looking person ugly is some over-alls, glasses and a pony-tail!

What a coincidence... TDK has now probably passed 1 billion posts on SSF as well. :lol

(I'm not the first one to make that joke, am I? :monkey3)

To this day I'm still amazed that The Academy awarded Return Of the King the Oscar for best picture and further amazed that Saving Private Ryan did not win!

I thought it was very touching and generous of the Academy to give Benjamin Button an Award EVERY single f*@king time Slumdog wasn't nominated. Good for them. Made for a dull, hopelessly predictable night, but good for them.

Pshhhh. As proved by "She's All That" all you need to make a good looking person ugly is some over-alls, glasses and a pony-tail!

Ah :drool Rachel Leigh Cook

rachelleighcook.jpg

Man...what I wouldn't give to nail that....

His head was completely CG for the first 52 minutes of the movie, it wasn't just an old guy, they had the old guy on set and then replaced his head with a CG. Check this site out: https://www.benjaminbuttonfx.com/

TDK did a good job but most of everything was sort of background effects (besides Two-Face) and neither TDK or Iron Man did anything new that couldn't be done 5 years ago.

His head was completely CG for the first 52 minutes of the movie, it wasn't just an old guy, they had the old guy on set and then replaced his head with a CG. Check this site out: https://www.benjaminbuttonfx.com/

TDK did a good job but most of everything was sort of background effects (besides Two-Face) and neither TDK or Iron Man did anything new that couldn't be done 5 years ago.

Hmm...good point. My only response is..lalalalalaalalala I didnt read that...lalalalalalaala. TDK rules...lalalalalalalalalala :cool:

Back