Article link Business Insider - Future of MCU (sounds like Wall Street luvs Marvel!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassafras

Super Freak
Reaction score
Separate as this is long, but some interesting tidbits.
https://www.businessinsider.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-after-avengers-endgame-details-analysis-2019-3
But Betancourt thinks it's time for the MCU to move beyond the comics.

"I think they're at a point with the success they've had over the last decade where they can pull away from basing the big franchises off of popular comic-book events," Betancourt said. "They have enough firepower now that they don't need to go into the comic-book vault. Maybe they can start just leaning on the creativity of the people they have in house to create something new."

Franchises dominate the moviegoing experience these days, but the MCU is the only one that has landed on a winning formula where it can deliver up to three movies a year, and all of them are box-office successes.

Even the "Star Wars" franchise hit a speed bump last year with "Solo," which was the first "Star Wars" movie during the Disney era that didn't crack $1 billion worldwide (it made less than $400 million). Iger said to expect a "slow down" on "Star Wars" movies following "Solo."

The MCU has experienced no such speed bump, and has only grown over time. Seven of the nine MCU movies released since 2016 are among the franchise's top 10 highest grossing movies worldwide.

Thinking like that will inevitably lead to "Weekend at Tony's", where after a tragic mishap, Starlord and Thor must somehow convince Thanos that Tony Stark is still alive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thinking like that will inevitably lead to "Weekend at Tony's", where after a tragic mishap, Starlord and Thor must somehow convince Thanos that Tony Stark is still alive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I kinda winced at the idea of "stepping away from the comics". Heck, Hollywood is chronically rebooting as it is - usually not for the better. There's so many good stories and even script lines to draw on in the comics - classic stuff.

I guarantee whatever "new" **** they come up with you'll be able to find it in the comics.

Back