1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Lol, RollingJ, I've just packed my tumbler back into box while waiting for the org-glass dome. :D

There is lid on the left side of the car, on the middle and down. It's for 3x batteries AAA type. And the switcher is near. There is a lot of place in a front of batteries to place there little circuit with resistors, but anyway you'll have to drill or cut the lid to took wires out. But it's not a problem at all. Imho the best way to do it is to place fake batteries block instead real batteries and to do nothing with the car itself, just little hole in the lid for wires.

I'm going to make it with mine when I'll get domes.

Lol, RollingJ, I've just packed my tumbler back into box while waiting for the org-glass dome. :D

There is lid on the left side of the car, on the middle and down. It's for 3x batteries AAA type. And the switcher is near. There is a lot of place in a front of batteries to place there little circuit with resistors, but anyway you'll have to drill or cut the lid to took wires out. But it's not a problem at all. Imho the best way to do it is to place fake batteries block instead real batteries and to do nothing with the car itself, just little hole in the lid for wires.

I'm going to make it with mine when I'll get domes.

Cool. I'd be interested to see what you do.

Mine comes tomorrow. I am going to buy an extension to my glass desk I purchased from OfficeMax. It'll make it from a straight desk to a huge L-shaped desk. I'll put it there as well as some other stuff.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Lifted my tumbler off the dresser and it was indeed melting the varnish. :horror

Thankfully it didn't stick to the tires.

I have a barrier inbetween them now.

Lifted my tumbler off the dresser and it was indeed melting the varnish. :horror

Hmmm...I better add something between my tires and shelf. It's sitting on an MDF board right now.

I told you Freaks a while back about that :stick:thwak:horror

Finally :yess::yess:

001-3.jpg

^ Awesome pic

I just got this. Can someone please quickly sum up what to look to look out for so I can make sure it's all in-tact?

Appreciated!

WTF is with hot toys and melting rubber? :slap

Should be some warning with their product 'barrier protection needed' :thud:

^ Awesome pic

I just got this. Can someone please quickly sum up what to look to look out for so I can make sure it's all in-tact?

Appreciated!

Thank you.

I had one of the black and silver pistons on the side near the front wheels broken off when I opened mine this morning, but it glued back on without fuss. Also be careful with the pistons when attaching the spoilers, they're very fragile.

Good luck!

You can pick up big piece of black non transparent glass to display tumbler on MDF or wood. Great solution!

Last edited:

man, its been 20 days since mine has been shipped from secret copmass, with my luck recently fearing yet another mishap, been stuck in customs since 10th , meanwhile dhaval got his in 12 days :(

Is Sideshow getting a split shipment for this as well like the DX12?

man, its been 20 days since mine has been shipped from secret copmass, with my luck recently fearing yet another mishap, been stuck in customs since 10th , meanwhile dhaval got his in 12 days :(

Thats who I ordered mine from. There was quite a delay in shipping. Apparently USPS picked it up but didn't scan it through until a week later after I inquired into why the package wasn't moving. Got it fast after that.

I decided to dust mine down about then see how Bruce liked it...

This is how I decided to display my Tumbler, keeps the rubber from touching any surface plus I like the floating effect.

This is how I decided to display my Tumbler, keeps the rubber from touching any surface plus I like the floating effect.

Ohh it also has some serious impact potential! Hope it's steady, looks ace though!

Back