1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

I envy all you guys.. Cograts to those owning tumbler.

Getting November and no signals from my tumbler...

My spanish retailer is still waiting for it :gah:

Dust gives it character :lol

My Tumbler will be plain jane then lol no dust for this bad boy.

Did anyone else see the Tumbler display case vid on onesixth facebook page? That thing looked awesome and a great idea using plexi to save money on the construction. If I had the skill I'd make my own display case for this thing. If you have one it definitely needs one. Guess it's craigslist shopping for me lol

My Tumbler will be plain jane then lol no dust for this bad boy.

Did anyone else see the Tumbler display case vid on onesixth facebook page? That thing looked awesome and a great idea using plexi to save money on the construction. If I had the skill I'd make my own display case for this thing. If you have one it definitely needs one. Guess it's craigslist shopping for me lol

Yeah... been scouting for a cheap but good quality case for this, and the coming 1989 batmobile, too. Sadly, so far the cheapest combined price for 2 cases equals the price of the tumbler! I've sourced acrylic sheets and looking for acrylic cutting/welding tutorial. a couple of large acrylic sheets would only cost me about $130, and can already make cases for both Batmobiles -- and the Pod, too! :panic:

Yeah... been scouting for a cheap but good quality case for this, and the coming 1989 batmobile, too. Sadly, so far the cheapest combined price for 2 cases equals the price of the tumbler! I've sourced acrylic sheets and looking for acrylic cutting/welding tutorial. a couple of large acrylic sheets would only cost me about $130, and can already make cases for both Batmobiles -- and the Pod, too! :panic:

If you buy it at lowes or home Depot (if you're in the US?) they will cut it for free (lowes). It's what I do.

If you buy it at lowes or home Depot (if you're in the US?) they will cut it for free (lowes). It's what I do.

Yeah I've been checking out some store display cases that could work and I could fit everything in and could build a diorama in, but the sheer size of it is crazy and there is just no room :( But I didn't know that Lowes cut them for free. I'm going to have to check them out sometime this week. What did you use to piece them all together? Caulk? Hot Glue? Or did you have them cut to fit a frame?

But how do you assemble the case so it looks clean/well done (close to seemless)?

Not even going try and spell it. It's clear, I use to use it on big fish tanks. Cost about $10/13.00. A tube.

Yeah I've been checking out some store display cases that could work and I could fit everything in and could build a diorama in, but the sheer size of it is crazy and there is just no room :( But I didn't know that Lowes cut them for free. I'm going to have to check them out sometime this week. What did you use to piece them all together? Caulk? Hot Glue? Or did you have them cut to fit a frame?

I cut them to fit on wood. The place the tumbler and Yoda's Hut is going in the front room under the tv. I cut a bottom and the sides with remote control leds lights.

Since I was barely able to afford this thing in the first place, a nice display case is out of the question for now. I have a strict "no display, no keep" rule, so the Tumbler is out in the open collecting dust right now. I hit it with compressed air every couple of days, and that seems to do the trick.

I'm considering using some sort of fine cloth as a 1/6 car cover. I'd simply uncover it when I want to see and enjoy it, and then cover it back up when I'm not. I've been shopping around, but so far nothing has caught my eye. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of cloth would be safe or where I could find something along these lines?

Thanks for the suggestion, man. Unfortunately i'm in Manila. But we have several home depots and maybe I could ask around if some of them do cut acrylic sheets :yess:

thanks buddy!:hi5:

Should I pick up DX12? Really I don't think so since I've got this bear...

Last edited:

But how do you assemble the case so it looks clean/well done (close to seemless)?

Look up your local plastic retailer. Plastic and acrylic is cheaper than you think. The cooler retailers will even cut your parts to size. I've made my own cases before, it's not rocket science.

If you use Acrylic there's a bonding fluid that softens the 2 joining surfaces. This is different than glue, it actually joins the parts into one piece. Your edge needs to be sanded and perfectly flat or it will look like crap when you're done. You can use heat to make any remaining edges clear.

There's youtube videos showing how. I'd link some but I'm at work.

A local comic store had four tumblers, they said all four of them came "broken" at the wheels.

I think someone tried to turn the wheels without removing the pistons and snapped something.

A local comic store had four tumblers, they said all four of them came "broken" at the wheels.

I think someone tried to turn the wheels without removing the pistons and snapped something.

That's just bad luck. If they came broken that is. You would have thought that at least 1 of them were fine. I know that there have been a bunch of QC issues but 0/4 on tumblers is pretty crazy.

the back right tire's on mine can turn around dispite having the red pin in the wheel, while the left wheel has limited range since there's a red pin in place. ? is this what people refer to ass loose?

a friend of mine want's to buy a tumbler but want's to wait. And while the price may not skyrocket like before. I can see this thing doubling in price. then again Hot toys may just keep pumping these things out? who knows.

Would someone be kind enough to post pics of the battery compartment?

I want to rig mine up to the mains so that I can switch it on from outside its case, and leave the lights on as much as possible.

Back