1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

So did anybody get a replacement yet? Just wondering, getting tired of looking at my busted tumbler.

My cat broke one of my front spoilers off. I can get it professionally fixed to look mint, but would not be cheap. I have one from a DC Direct batch from years ago... SSC wouldn't help me even though they have extra parts. Asses.. I have spent tens of thousands and they can't help out.. Geez.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideals. It's the front spoiler on the left side.

P.S. The cat is still living and is one piece... trust me, it was hard.

Guys, is there a trick to move this piece forward (inside the Tumbler):

review_httumbler_8.jpg

I can't for the life of me, move it not even 0.1 inch.

I pulled it really, really, really hard. Mine was stuck like yours. I think it's the plastic, maybe there was some excess, I dunno. But anyway, I put it on the edge of my bed and pulled from the base of the console. It definitely felt like it was gonna break, but it ended up just moving forward.

I'm not advocating you to do this, and I don't wanna be responsible if it breaks I'm just saying how I did it lol:lol

I tried for a minute but when I couldn't get it to move I left it be in fear of breaking it lol thing is like a faberge egg when it should be a tank

I pulled it really, really, really hard. Mine was stuck like yours. I think it's the plastic, maybe there was some excess, I dunno. But anyway, I put it on the edge of my bed and pulled from the base of the console. It definitely felt like it was gonna break, but it ended up just moving forward.

I'm not advocating you to do this, and I don't wanna be responsible if it breaks I'm just saying how I did it lol:lol

Well the good thing is I'm not the only one with this problem :lol

I'm going to give it another try later...

This is definitely an issue :lecture

Well the good thing is I'm not the only one with this problem :lol

I'm going to give it another try later...

This is definitely an issue :lecture

and if you put a small amount of lucricant (wd40 for example) before pulling... maybe it will help to loose it a little

ive never tried to move anything on my tumbler interior, its all boxed up and away so i cant have a look right now.

Im almost tempted to buy another tumbler to have it dissassembled like the hot toys display......i have two batpods coming....

Just got an email from SSC...apparently they've received a shipment of replacement Tumblers so they can start processing my exchange. :yess:
Just a heads up for any of you waiting to replace your broken SSC Tumblers

finally got my tumbler the other day man it's really a dust magnet
337272_4428232659830_118647728_o.jpg

133338_4424008154220_899263352_o.jpg

Yeah it wasn't out of the box 10 minutes before it started to gather. I have plastic sheeting over it at the moment so the Tumbler will stay as clean as possible until I get something for it. And I like that pose for the Batpod. Where did you get the clear piece for the front tire to rest on?

Yeah it wasn't out of the box 10 minutes before it started to gather. I have plastic sheeting over it at the moment so the Tumbler will stay as clean as possible until I get something for it. And I like that pose for the Batpod. Where did you get the clear piece for the front tire to rest on?
thanks! i got it from amazon a acrylic risers [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Acrylic-Gibson-Holders-GHPP1050E/dp/B0011E9EMO/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1350083192&sr=8-25&keywords=acrylic[/ame]

been checking prices for custom acrylic display case locally hopefully i'll find a good deal the cheapest i found is around $210

now i'm off to walmart to get a duster

thanks! i got it from amazon a acrylic risers https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Acryli...=UTF8&qid=1350083192&sr=8-25&keywords=acrylic

been checking prices for custom acrylic display case locally hopefully i'll find a good deal the cheapest i found is around $210

now i'm off to walmart to get a duster

$210 is steep but I guess that with the size that the case would need to be that's not that bad really. And thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to check that out.

And if you're off to Wal-Mart try canned air. I haven't tried it on mine yet but I think that it'd work pretty well with one of these behemoths.

Before and After. My Tumbler is a new exhibit coming soon at my house lol Hate that I hav to have plastic sheeting over it but I don't want dust on it either. Decisions decisions

and if you put a small amount of lucricant (wd40 for example) before pulling... maybe it will help to loose it a little

I wouldn't put oil over plastic.. I'm not sure what oil does to the plastic.

And the control panel is definitely stuck!!!! It's like glued or something...

EDIT: Got it !!! the control panel requires a lot of hard work, and as someone else said it seems like it's going to break but it doesn't..And the DX02 has a really hard time sitting on the Tumbler, but he can do it..

dsc00746zp.jpg

Last edited:

Before and After. My Tumbler is a new exhibit coming soon at my house lol Hate that I hav to have plastic sheeting over it but I don't want dust on it either. Decisions decisions

Dust gives it character :lol

I wouldn't put oil over plastic.. I'm not sure what oil does to the plastic.

And the control panel is definitely stuck!!!! It's like glued or something...

EDIT: Got it !!! the control panel requires a lot of hard work, and as someone else said it seems like it's going to break but it doesn't..And the DX02 has a really hard time sitting on the Tumbler, but he can do it..

dsc00746zp.jpg

DX02 looks good in that pic!

It's too bad it only looks good from some angels.

Got mine last Saturday and I'm in awe! I checked everthing and they're perfectly fine -- wheels are intact and not loose, lights working, spoilers all in one piece, i'm so thankful!

Gotta keep this in the box for now though, till I figure out where to display it and how LOL :lol

Finally put the spoilers on last night. Not difficult at all. The little pistons are a little scary. I have a hard time not playing around with it.

Back