The current state of DC 1/6 collectibles . . . DEAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're years away from X-Men, Fantastic Four, and a new wave of Avengers films... and apparently what that means is we're in for years of Venomized Deadpool who is also a Zombie and is wearing Iron Man armour.

It's not as though the Avengers films were the only Marvel thing they were making toys ofprior to this. They'll almost definitely be doing figures for the various Disney+ shows if The Mandalorian is any indication, plus whatever other Marvel films are out in the meantime.

They seem to be doing more business than ever so I doubt them going out of business is anywhere on the horizon. This forum is not representative of all collectors, and indeed the North American market as a whole surely is not the majority of their business.

Particularly on a DC sub-board where there are likely some fans who are upset that DC isn't as popular as Marvel at present. I've got zero interest in all the Iron Man or Spider-Man variants but it's obvious those are extremely popular characters and that there's some sort of market for them. Let's be real, if the shoe were on the other foot and DC were the powerhouse yearly movie franchise, they'd absolutely be milking the **** out of Batman and Superman variants.

Let's be real, if the shoe were on the other foot and DC were the powerhouse yearly movie franchise, they'd absolutely be milking the **** out of Batman and Superman variants.
Yep, this. I expect it would've been endless Batman and related figures if the situation had been reversed.

Credit where it's due: Threezero knocked Rambo out of the park this year and was my only 1/6 purchase. Theyre getting cool licences like Stranger Things now too. I agree with whoever suggested it - Jack Bauer would be awesome.

129720799_10157669369657344_4634283766311042862_o.jpg

Well, new headsculpts, so... yeah, I'll buy the figure. I would love the Batpod but I don't have room for it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

The thread title remains accurate.

I can't believe Hot Toys has seemingly passed on doing a Joaquin Joker figure. The ****ing Joker, one of their cash cows that put them on the map, gets a solo movie that's received well, breaks a billion dollars, and has high-end collectibles from other companies coming, but not a peep from Hot Toys. It's astounding. Did Letoker's low sales break them?

I guess Batman & Robin from BF and Romero Joker are going to be in purgatory forever, and the prototypes for Penguin and Catwoman will never see the light of day. No Ras Al Ghul either, despite some people clamoring for him and multiple third party figures releasing and selling well.

The "new" head for Baleman looks nice though - I'll probably pick it up parted out down the road when this releases in five years.

Last edited:
I can't believe Hot Toys has seemingly passed on doing a Joaquin Joker figure. The ****ing Joker, one of their cash cows that put them on the map, gets a solo movie that's received well, breaks a billion dollars, and has high-end collectibles from other companies coming, but not a peep from Hot Toys.

How is Hot Toys a real company that exists?

Yeah, it makes no sense to me. A Joaquin Joker would sell probably more units than a TDKR Bale. It’s ludicrous, especially with all these other statue companies throwing their hat into the Joker game.

Yeah, it makes no sense to me. A Joaquin Joker would sell probably more units than a TDKR Bale. It’s ludicrous, especially with all these other statue companies throwing their hat into the Joker game.

Apparently the designer for Hot Toys' Cosbabies posted a "tease" for a Joaquin Joker Cosbaby, so I guess we have that to look forward to. It'll look great next to the Logan, Catwoman, and Penguin cosbabies. :lol

Has anyone actually made action figures of the Joker or are they still all statues? Because if so then yes, I'm assuming that the lack of figures is a licensing thing. Nobody has made any figures from the movie, not McFarlane, not Mafex, not Figuarts. Nobody.

Yea making figures from the worst bale Batman movie over joker or other Batman films is weird but I think it?s a licensed thing with joker

Yea making figures from the worst bale Batman movie over joker or other Batman films is weird but I think it?s a licensed thing with joker

The hot toys title reads "The Dark Knight Rises" but the toy is a "The Dark Knight" version of the suit, i prefer Batman Begins as the best Nolan batman movies but i know that i am the minority that prefer the first one over the second.

The current state of DC HT figures is just a reflection of current DC entertainment. Marvel doesn't have that problem. The current state of DC Collectibles reminds me of modern wrestling. There's a lack of star power so they keep bringing back old retire, past their prime wrestlers from the 80s, 90's, and early 2000's to spark interest in a dying product because the current talent doesn't draw much money. It's been about 12 years since TDK came out in theaters and about 11 years since HT exploded in popularity with their TDK line of figures, and yet, people seem to be more excited by the 5th release of the same Bale figure from TDK than they are about anything DCEU related. I can't blame HT for going back to their favorites. Now, why they don't do the same with more Burton Bats or Reeve Sups, I don't know. Either way, it's sad that they already have to rely on nostalgia to sell DC products because the current merch is stale.

I presume the Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman stuff must not have sold as quickly as the TDK stuff so Hot Toys dropped them like a hot turd. It's like once they get a monster-seller nothing less than that is good enough for them anymore.

Anyway, I am actually considering rebuying myself into the Nolan trilogy with some 'representative' items as opposed to collecting the entire line. I figure Batman and the Batpod would serve that purpose well - with the option of later buying a Joker 3.0 and Bane 2.0 if they make them and make them good. I still have my Tumbler and MM67 Batman from the first go 'round but not sure I'd display those again, might still proceed with selling those off as I had planned to do.

I'd have to stay out of the threads though. Those are what soured me on the Nolan trilogy stuff in the first place and I can already see history repeating itself in the DX19 thread.

I presume the Keaton Batman and Reeve Superman stuff must not have sold as quickly as the TDK stuff so Hot Toys dropped them like a hot turd. It's like once they get a monster-seller nothing less than that is good enough for them anymore.

Anyway, I am actually considering rebuying myself into the Nolan trilogy with some 'representative' items as opposed to collecting the entire line. I figure Batman and the Batpod would serve that purpose well - with the option of later buying a Joker 3.0 and Bane 2.0 if they make them and make them good. I still have my Tumbler and MM67 Batman from the first go 'round but not sure I'd display those again, might still proceed with selling those off as I had planned to do.

I'd have to stay out of the threads though. Those are what soured me on the Nolan trilogy stuff in the first place and I can already see history repeating itself in the DX19 thread.

Now would be the time to do it....or at least in the next several months.

[...]
Anyway, I am actually considering rebuying myself into the Nolan trilogy with some 'representative' items as opposed to collecting the entire line. I figure Batman and the Batpod would serve that purpose well - with the option of later buying a Joker 3.0 and Bane 2.0 if they make them and make them good. [...]

I was Star Wars only at the time, or close to. I recently re-visited the Nolan films and other than the third one I appreciate them anew, but as a whole. Just not super impressed with Bale's Batman and the costume is way too tactical and busy for me. So I'm safe from HT's re-releases. :lol

The current state of DC HT figures is just a reflection of current DC entertainment. Marvel doesn't have that problem. ?<snip>? It's been about 12 years since TDK came out in theaters and about 11 years since HT exploded in popularity with their TDK line of figures, and yet, people seem to be more excited by the 5th release of the same Bale figure from TDK than they are about anything DCEU related. I can't blame HT for going back to their favorites. Now, why they don't do the same with more Burton Bats or Reeve Sups, I don't know. Either way, it's sad that they already have to rely on nostalgia to sell DC products because the current merch is stale.
Yep. Apart from Wonder Woman, I don't really care for DCEU. I'm happy I can get brand new Nolanverse Batman and Bat Pod at non-scalper prices. Hoping they do 2.0 of other characters (Joker, especially) and Burtonverse as well (Pfeiffer Catwoman, please).

The Nolan trilogy is the best thing from DC in a decade so makes sense that Hot Toys would want to keep the line going. None of the "Snyderverse" has ever impressed me so I'm glad Hot Toys are revisiting this Batman.

Joker 2019 and Shazam and Wonder Woman were good films. Joker 2019 being the best DC film since tdk for me. I hope the Snyder verse finally dies after they get there crappy Snyder cut and we can move onto better things. His vision is terrible

Joker 2019 and Shazam and Wonder Woman were good films. Joker 2019 being the best DC film since tdk for me. I hope the Snyder verse finally dies after they get there crappy Snyder cut and we can move onto better things. His vision is terrible

You may not like Snyder's vision, and thats okay, but you cant ignore the fact that Snyder vision as an creator criative storyteller of a comic book movie is better than Nolan's, and i am not saying that i hate Nolan, i like him, but i would put all of his other movies on top of the Batman trilogy.
Batman Begins is great (but Nolan just rewrite the script from the 90's).
TDK and TDKR are good "Mission: Impossible" movies with Batman skins, they are good but they sucks when you compare to Man of Steel or Watchmen as an adaptation of super-heroes.

I still haven't felt compelled to rewatch Joker. Yet I've watched the likes of Man of Steel and BvS a few times each, movies that I'm more actively critical of. I don't know what that says.

Back