The Blitzway Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things stop it from happening.

1. The legal issues are truly irreparable.
2. Hot Toys. If the license is available, they sure as **** wouldn't let that piece of real estate go to a competitor. They'd only release Deckard anyway with Rachel as a SDCC exclusive.

License issues are really only 'irreparable' if the actor and/or property owner have an artistic issue with merchandise.
eg Clint Eastwood simply never grants his likeness apparently.
Even then things change. The Bond franchise has apparently reversed their 'no figure toys!' stance of the last 10 years.
This isn't the case with Blade Runner and Harrison Ford.
The rest is only someone wanting to put in the effort to sort through the mess. Sideshow managed to sort through the Escape from New York mess which was once considered a huge issue.

As for Hot Toys .... I'm not sure what you mean.
Blade Runner is a niche license with a small group of hardcore fans. I don't think it would be much of a blip on their radar these days with Marvel and Star Wars swallowing up their resources. That's why a small company like Blitzway can grab things like Fight Club and Ghostbusters.

Randy of NECA said they are working on the license so we'll probably see figures from them at least. And sorry, Blade Runner isn't a blip on anyone's radar. It pops up on every wishlist thread across every board I'm a member of.

Randy of NECA said they are working on the license so we'll probably see figures from them at least. And sorry, Blade Runner isn't a blip on anyone's radar. It pops up on every wishlist thread across every board I'm a member of.

If that is true then great and I hope that Randy getting the licence will not be another Planet Apes situation. Though you could argue the reason that line died so soon is because there was only so much they could do with it.

Personally, I hope Blitzway's next piece is another 1/4 statue, as their Rocky statue was absolutely amazing. I'd love to see them do a 1/4 Rambo, but my ultimate statue from them would be a 1/4 Don Corleone from The Godfather.

Either way, whatever they release next, whether it's 1/6 figures or 1/4 statues, I hope it sells well so they can keep pumping out more cool stuff :D

I'm actually offended Blade Runner was called a niche license I love it so dearly.

I think Blade Runner is a niche license and it is my favorite license in the whole world. I take "niche" as a compliment. Blade Runner is the niche alternative to Iron Man or Jurassic World or Pixar...nothing wrong with being niche. Niche means not being universally fawned over by every fifteen year old and is a testament not a contradiction to something's quality. I think the fact that Blade Runner is niche is the reason that Hot Toys more than likely does not care about it. They don't chase licenses that people on boards want...they seem to prefer licenses that the general masses who do not frequent toy collecting sites are interested in.

So would Ghostbusters be considered niche? It certainly wouldn't have been in the 80s-90s but maybe with the passage of time. If the 84 figures sell really well I wonder if Blitzway make something from Ghostbusters 2.

Die Hard would still be top of my list for Blitzway to tackle next. 1/6 scale figures of the various McClane looks, Hanz Gruber and **** Thornburg :lol
Alternatively a 1/4 statue of McClane would be awesome and very welcome to.

Edit: It censored Thornburgs name? Okay Richard Thornburg if you want to be formal. :confused:

I think Ghostbusters would actually fall into the niche category...It is still a well loved and well known brand but I would view niche as any license that is not really being seen in movie theaters now or in the past few years at least.

Blade Runner is so desired because it's never been done. The sheer lack of collectibles fuels fans need for figures from it.

I could not agree more...sadly I am questioning whether Hot Toys is more invested in telling fans what they want (a million Iron Man suits that were missed in a blink and porcelain painted Storm Troopers) versus delivering the products and licenses that fans ACTUALLY want...this is where Blitzway, Enterbay, and others come in...

Im another to say that Blade runner would be more than welcome and I believe would definitely hit that "surprise sell out" mark if officially licensed and were well executed by HT or Blitzway. I'm hoping with the new film on the way... somebody in their ranks is getting curious and saying we should go for that.

How Die Hard hasn't been done yet is the most confusing miss ever. Smh

We need updated Rambo figures with a sculpt that is off the charts.

I'd personally also like to see Blitzways take on Breaking Bad figures too. A few nice customs and threezero stock or modded just still don't do it for me.

I am really hoping that Blitzway gets the Blade Runner license! My fear is that if it went to Hot Toys (don't get me wrong I love HT) we would get Deckard...wait several months...see a prototype of Roy Batty at a Toy Fair somewhere and five years later say "whatever happened to the Roy that was supposed to come out..." Based upon Blitzway being audacious enough to at least promise a simultaneous release of all 4 Ghostbusters...two Tyler Durdens at the same time instead of one at the beginning of the year and one at the end or next year, they would be the company to give us Deckard, Roy, Pris, Leon...you name it.

I think Blade Runner is a niche license and it is my favorite license in the whole world. I take "niche" as a compliment. Blade Runner is the niche alternative to Iron Man or Jurassic World or Pixar...nothing wrong with being niche. Niche means not being universally fawned over by every fifteen year old and is a testament not a contradiction to something's quality. I think the fact that Blade Runner is niche is the reason that Hot Toys more than likely does not care about it. They don't chase licenses that people on boards want...they seem to prefer licenses that the general masses who do not frequent toy collecting sites are interested in.

Perfectly said

Im another to say that Blade runner would be more than welcome and I believe would definitely hit that "surprise sell out" mark if officially licensed and were well executed by HT or Blitzway. I'm hoping with the new film on the way... somebody in their ranks is getting curious and saying we should go for that.

How Die Hard hasn't been done yet is the most confusing miss ever. Smh

We need updated Rambo figures with a sculpt that is off the charts.

I'd personally also like to see Blitzways take on Breaking Bad figures too. A few nice customs and threezero stock or modded just still don't do it for me.

:exactly: This needs to be put right. Rambo would be awesome to.

jal76 said:
I am really hoping that Blitzway gets the Blade Runner license! My fear is that if it went to Hot Toys (don't get me wrong I love HT) we would get Deckard...wait several months...see a prototype of Roy Batty at a Toy Fair somewhere and five years later say "whatever happened to the Roy that was supposed to come out..." Based upon Blitzway being audacious enough to at least promise a simultaneous release of all 4 Ghostbusters...two Tyler Durdens at the same time instead of one at the beginning of the year and one at the end or next year, they would be the company to give us Deckard, Roy, Pris, Leon...you name it.

It's for those reasons I wish Blitzway and not HT had the licence for the BTTF2 figures. I fear those will be such a low priority for HT we might see them pushed back and back to 2018 then released months apart. We may never get the hover DeLorean and as for anything else from that franchise, almost no chance.

I'm glad HT are around for my all my DC figure needs but Blitzway and other companies are better suited to these more niche licences as you say.

I'd like Sideshow to sub-license out to Blitzway the same way they have in the past to Hot Toys.

Blitzway may actually get Indiana Jones right!

anyone have any news on thhese? forbidden planet had them as 5 febuary? but now says sold out?

Back