The Best Superman: Doomsday Fan made trailer ever!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BECAUSE.
Because lots of things.
Superman plays in a BIGGER arena.
They talk about how hard it is to write stories for superman on the animated series DVD, because you have a hero who is mostly invulnerable.

Superman REALLY only has two villains in his rogues gallery who are REALLY on the same playing field with him.

Darksied and Brainiac.

This is true. Superman is MOSTLY invulnerable but he isn't invincible. People keep playing to the idea of him being vulnerable to kryponite only, but what about him being vulnerable to magic? Sure its not in the original story but it's a possibility. I think when writing a story for a man that is, like Lex Luthor says, god like you need to take every possible chance to hurt him without sacrificing the story. Ok don't really have a good way to fight Superman with magic then use a character that isn't human.

Use one of the better villians in Superman's rogue gallery like Lerath said. Use Brainiac. I think a really good story could be made with Brainiac. Krypton technology vs. Kryptonian. I think Brainiac is a superhuman version of Lex Luthor in terms of intellegence, maybe even smarter. Let them fight.

I think the problem with the stories so far is they only want Superman to face other humans. They want to put Superman into a realistic world when that isn't really possible. Superman has always faced an opponent that had some kind of super power. Paprasite, Lobo, Brainiac, Darkseid, Bizzaro, etc etc. They all were super human. This isn't Batman we're dealing with here. If you want Luthor to be in the story then put him in the story with another villian. Either way we can't keep using a Superman v. Lex Luthor story because it'll fail each and everytime. I read the possible plot for the Man of Steel, and I already hate it. It's Smallville on the big screen. Another FAIL!!

Back