The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Piper

128 GB might not be much to you but it is to me considering that I stream all music and movies. So 128 for pictures, home videos and apps is a ton unless you are shooting short films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can "make due" with 8GB if I had to. But why would I want to, right? If there was a 256GB option I'd go for that in a heartbeat. Having the majority of my music collection with me at all times is a sort of grail.

Hope its affordable otherwise I'll stick to my automatic.

Same here. I don't see the Apple Watch replacing my mechanical watches and taking up lots of wrist time.

But I do see myself using an Apple Watch as a sports/exrecise/gym watch. If Apple releases one that is a bit smaller, cheaper and hardy and waterproof, I'll be all over it.

There are two sizes of the Apple Watch. None of the models are waterproof. The basic models will start at $350, but expect the gold ones to cost at least a couple of grand. IMO, this first release screams half-baked. It will no doubt be the best selling product of its kind, but I think it's a generation away from being a finished product. Sort of like the first iPhone in some respects, though that one was able to be rectified with only a software update to support third party apps.

The one major reservation I have about this whole wearable devices concept is that it's just going to be another social barrier. People these days have a tendency to hide behind their phones in a social setting. Apple watch is going to be a huge distraction.

The one major reservation I have about this whole wearable devices concept is that it's just going to be another social barrier. People these days have a tendency to hide behind their phones in a social setting. Apple watch is going to be a huge distraction.

On the plus side, it's going to make for some badass **** Track cosplay. :lol

As for Galaxy line outselling the iPhone, it has happened a few times in sporadic months. But, I remember reading an article that the iPhone 5s (being already eight months old in July) outsold the Galaxy S5 during its launch month, of all times. I'd typically expect for the Samsung Galaxies to pull ahead of Apple sales during their debuts, since they're much fresher in the market, compared current iPhones that are usually several months away from being replaced by newer models. But, something like that just doesn't bode well for the Galaxy S5.

Ouch: Eight-month-old iPhone 5s outsold the Galaxy S5 in its first full month of sales
https://bgr.com/2014/07/16/galaxy-s5-vs-iphone-5s-sales-may/

The point wasn't that it consistently sells more--there's too many device choices for that. The point was that people are indeed buying them intentionally, not because they're cheap. For the ones that cost the same or more than the iPhone there are plenty of people buying those phones.

The new iCloud pricing tiers are live now.

20 GB $0.99 a month
200 GB $3.99 a month
500 GB $9.99 a month
1TB $19.99 a month

Oh, I know. I use to pay $100 for 50gb. But still, I'd love to see the 1TB for $9.99 a month. Maybe next year.

On a side note, those Samsung commercials making fun of apple's newly introduced products are hilarious. I drink the apple cool aid like the next guy, but some of the stuff portrayed there is true.

I have soooo much invested on the apple ecosystem that sometimes I think switching would be really foolish. I don't hate android, or make fun of its users, as I believe there's incredible devices out there, like the HTC m8. That thing seriously made me consider making the switch like no other phone before it....

But one you realize you've bought so many apps (some expensive ones) and thousands of songs and movies/shows on iTunes, then you realize you are kind of stuck. Not really complaining, because everything works just fine. Having an iPad, and iPhone, a Mac, an Apple TV, a base station etc etc sure beats most other set ups inside a home/office IMO.

Oh well.

I love the Samsung commercials. They have been running some really good adverts for a couple of years now. I was considering switching until they showed ios8. I think they did lots of stuff in ios8 that will be overlooked until you are actually using the system. Showing iPhone 6 pulled me firmly back into Apple world. The iPhone is the only Apple product I currently own. To me it is just the best phone. I've tried using Android but I just don't like it as an OS. If I ever switch it would be to a Windows.

Third party extensions in iOS8 are going to rock. It's pretty much as close as you're going to get to complete data sharing while maintaining the security you've always had with sandboxed apps.

Mentioning competitors in advertising is what you do from a position of weakness. It's one of the reasons I wasn't a big fan of Apple's "I'm a Mac" campaign - but at least they handled it with a lot more tact. It also brings additional brand awareness to your competitor, not that Apple in this case needs it, being as popular and well-known as any top brand in the world.

Samsung, apart from these youtube videos, is headed for their fourth straight quarter of declining profits, with no sign on the horizon the trend is going to change. And them's the facts.

Absolutely pipes, no one on their right mind can deny that Samsung IS somewhat desperate.

But you gotta give credit where it's due, and those commercials are really funny, and really on the money as far as depicting some of the hardcore apple heads.

I have no doubts that the iPhone 6 and ios 8 will rock the world. And hit Samsung hard.

Back