The Apple thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’d love the X. It’s not as huge as a plus, and feels like a 5 really. What throws you off, is that the whole phone is a screen with no bezels, kinda hard to describe.

And Face ID is sincerely out of this world.

When people say “well, my android phone had that feature 100 years ago” I can’t help but laugh. Yeah, a feature no one used and didn’t work 89% of the time.

On the X, is simply just amazing. I don’t think I could ever go back to a home button, so much that I sold my iPad Pro (12.9) because I know Apple will release one with the same technology soon.

The X is the best iPhone I’ve ever had. The 7 was a letdown, and so was the 6S. Still great phones, but the X is in another league.

Sounds pretty awesome! I do have a pretty good Nikon DSLR, so I don't really use phone cameras as much, anyways, especially for detailed shots.

But, I have to say, as an up and coming audiophile, the one thing that put me off from the newer iPhones, is the lack of a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Yeah, you can buy a 3.5 mm jack adapter for the lightning port, but you won't be able to listen to music and charge your iPhone at the same time. But, that said, I'll bite the bullet in a few years and get whatever iPhone is released then. Lord knows, I absolutely don't like Android.

I'm glad you guys like your X. I dropped my 5 a few weeks ago, so now I have to make a choice. As much as I would love to stick with Apple due to having 2 Ipads already, the galaxy S8 is b/w $650-720. I don't see how I could justify spending $1k on a X :panic:.....

Last edited:
A friend of mine got an X, and while I'm not saying it wasn't a great looking phone, I am saying I was a little underwhelmed with the size. I kind of prefer the Plus still, which sucks because I wanted an X so bad.

There are rumors that there might be an X plus, so you might want to wait.

A friend of mine got an X, and while I'm not saying it wasn't a great looking phone, I am saying I was a little underwhelmed with the size. I kind of prefer the Plus still, which sucks because I wanted an X so bad.

I recently bought it and upgrading not only from Iphone 6 but also from IOS 7 is mind blowing.
Man, I spend hours on my last phone but now it’s more convenient and surfing and browsing just so smooth.
And a great plus for me is the sound system, not sure if it’s new or not, all in all I think holding on from Iphone 6 to this awesome phone was the right decision and worth the money.

There are rumors that there might be an X plus, so you might want to wait.

I recently bought it and upgrading not only from Iphone 6 but also from IOS 7 is mind blowing.
Man, I spend hours on my last phone but now it’s more convenient and surfing and browsing just so smooth.
And a great plus for me is the sound system, not sure if it’s new or not, all in all I think holding on from Iphone 6 to this awesome phone was the right decision and worth the money.

Haven't heard those rumors. Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely look into it.

My 6 decided to die last night after having battery issues for the past few months. Thanks, Apple, for purposefully ****ing up my phone. :mad:

My 6 decided to die last night after having battery issues for the past few months. Thanks, Apple, for purposefully ****ing up my phone. :mad:

They are offering a $29 replacement for that 3+ year old phone.

Name a company that does that for (arguably, in this day and age) their obsolete models?

Or get an X, like there so of us.

:)

You do know they make a lightning adapter that splits usb-c and 3.5 right..........jsin'.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

And there's bound to be interference from having such a cable. You mightn't notice it in regular use, but with the right sound equipment, definitely.

Back