The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Stupid people are stupid.
Just wait another 6 months and some assclown will come back and post a statment showing the old stunt pics and saying why is his crotch black why is he wearing a jump suit.

:goodpost::exactly::lol:lol:lecture
I don't know how people can look at the stunt photos and then look at the baddassery that was Sony's reveal and think it'll look like the photo above. If Sony is putting out their official image, you can bet that a good chunk of time will be spent in post making sure every shot of the suit looks like the image revealed.

You guys do realize that Iron Man didn't look like this in the film despite what we saw on set right?

iron_man_2_pic_9.jpg

:lecture

Who gives a ____ what we see from stunt photos? This is what he'll look like in the movie.
(Hot Toys, are you paying attention? :))

spidermanfirstnewlooksmall.jpg

I was confused by something and maybe someone could clear it up. On marvel.com the new about the title and new picture had the Marvel Studios logo and listed Kevin Feige as one of the producers. Does this mean that while it is a Sony production, it takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

I was confused by something and maybe someone could clear it up. On marvel.com the new about the title and new picture had the Marvel Studios logo and listed Kevin Feige as one of the producers. Does this mean that while it is a Sony production, it takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

No, it doesn't.

you guys are so silly. :lol Regardless of lighting, stunt costumes or not, I just don't think the costume re-design is very good, yes, even in the "bad ass" press release pic, and the cell phone stunt spidey pic says that more than any words, albeit in a hyperbolic fashion. I enjoyed parts of the first Spidey film but its good points never redeemed that ugly Goblin costume. so let me not be excited about this film until shown something worth being excited about.

suck it, hate haters.
andrew-garfield-is-spider-man-1.jpg

Last edited:

listed Kevin Feige as one of the producers. Does this mean that while it is a Sony production, it takes place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

No, Kevin Feige is the head of Marvel Studios which incorporated the Marvel Entertainment brand so he deals with the outsourced films as well as the homegrown versions. He is the new Avi Arad, whose name used to appear on everything too.

The pic of RJD above is still just him as Iron Man... just with some of the armor off (which he did do for scenes in the film when he could get away with it and then ILM came in and did some CG suits), still I don't see how the same logic can be applied to the spidey suit as that Iron Man suit in the set pic looks like the one in the movie. Will those motocross gloves be edited out of the final shots of Spider-Man or something?

So, just to clarify.... we should just judge the looks of the suit by the studio enhanced promotional pics rather than the actual on-set pics while filming the movie :dunno

Here's my problem with the suit aside from the stuntman's Spidercrotch looking like Wilson Fisk put his cigar out on it... The upper red part looks fine to me, I like the mask. I hate all the swerved lines (especially the wavy red lines down the suit). The black lines and the extended legs on the spider logo make it too busy. I also hate the pattern on the gloves and i hate the boots. I really don't see the sense in over-complicating the suit and giving it such a Motocross look (which it definitely screams).

I love the title of the movie, I love that they made Peter Parker a young scrawny kid again and I'm cool with them going back to the webshooters concept.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here, I'm a die-hard Spidey fan from as long as I can remember and I just want a great Spider-Man film that reminds me of Classic Spidey.

Suit looks awesome to me. Still not sure on the movie but the suit looks good enough I'd buy a HT version.

The pic of RJD above is still just him as Iron Man... just with some of the armor off (which he did do for scenes in the film when he could get away with it and then ILM came in and did some CG suits), still I don't see how the same logic can be applied to the spidey suit as that Iron Man suit in the set pic looks like the one in the movie. Will those motocross gloves be edited out of the final shots of Spider-Man or something?

So, just to clarify.... we should just judge the looks of the suit by the studio enhanced promotional pics rather than the actual on-set pics while filming the movie :dunno

Here's my problem with the suit aside from the stuntman's Spidercrotch looking like Wilson Fisk put his cigar out on it... The upper red part looks fine to me, I like the mask. I hate all the swerved lines (especially the wavy red lines down the suit). The black lines and the extended legs on the spider logo make it too busy. I also hate the pattern on the gloves and i hate the boots. I really don't see the sense in over-complicating the suit and giving it such a Motocross look (which it definitely screams).

I love the title of the movie, I love that they made Peter Parker a young scrawny kid again and I'm cool with them going back to the webshooters concept.

I'm trying to keep an open mind here, I'm a die-hard Spidey fan from as long as I can remember and I just want a great Spider-Man film that reminds me of Classic Spidey.

You get bonus points based on your analogy alone!!! :lol

you guys are so silly. :lol Regardless of lighting, stunt costumes or not, I just don't think the costume re-design is very good, yes, even in the "bad ass" press release pic, and the cell phone stunt spidey pic says that more than any words, albeit in a hyperbolic fashion. I enjoyed parts of the first Spidey film but its good points never redeemed that ugly Goblin costume. so let me not be excited about this film until shown something worth being excited about.

suck it, hate haters.
andrew-garfield-is-spider-man-1.jpg

Did he pee in his pants?

Back