The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

Why are some of you acting like that's gonna be in the movie? That's the stunt guy taking a break with track gear covering up the suit in between shots.

:slap

Got this off some Spidey forums. Basically my feelings as well. (could be wrong but who knows)

"I posted this before in the pictures thread, but the silver is definitely part of the costume. The reason is they're supposed to look like professional wrestling boots. The whole suit is meant to look like the costume of a pro wrester, or an entertainer, not a superhero. That's why it looks so over the top and has all those elements that people are calling pointless, like the red stripes on the legs (and I think why the webshooters are so much more prominent). Thats all deliberate.

Since this film is (supposedly) more realistic in tone, Spider-Man would not be presented as a "superhero", but simply as a kid who acquires some amazing abilities, uses them to become an entertainer then uses them to help people. So he just keeps wearing his costume when he begins fighting crime, even though it looks a bit ridiculous. But if I'm not mistaken, that's sort of been a joke in the comics before, hasn't it?

sman3.png

Just look at the costume in this pic, it looks so thrown together, look at the mask is tucked into the rest of the costume. I think Webb is going to blow our minds with this film and I can smell an element of misdirection here and the majority of people appear to be lapping it up."

That's the 'stunt' suit. It's going to lack certain details seen on the 'hero' suit.

yeah..chances are you'll never see that in the movie. that pic was probly taken between shots, so yea....

Lol him wearing that jacket is only becuase its cold out while shooting. Why would anybody think that would be in the movie is beyond me.:gah:

I was watching Kick-Ass earlier, and IMO I think his suit selection would suit Spidey as well. Peter Parker is also just a teenager, albeit with real powers. That doesn't give him the money, R&D and whatever to create a very advanced suit... Why not let him buy a blue and red scuba suit and embroider or stitch some webbing on it... That just leaves the mask, but I'm sure they can find a way to incorporate him making that in the film... :dunno

Still not a fan of the suit. Realistic in tone, sure. But in the end, it's a Spider-Man movie. Go with the Ultimate suit, for frick's sake...

Got this off some Spidey forums. Basically my feelings as well. (could be wrong but who knows)

"I posted this before in the pictures thread, but the silver is definitely part of the costume. The reason is they're supposed to look like professional wrestling boots. The whole suit is meant to look like the costume of a pro wrester, or an entertainer, not a superhero. That's why it looks so over the top and has all those elements that people are calling pointless, like the red stripes on the legs (and I think why the webshooters are so much more prominent). Thats all deliberate.

Since this film is (supposedly) more realistic in tone, Spider-Man would not be presented as a "superhero", but simply as a kid who acquires some amazing abilities, uses them to become an entertainer then uses them to help people. So he just keeps wearing his costume when he begins fighting crime, even though it looks a bit ridiculous. But if I'm not mistaken, that's sort of been a joke in the comics before, hasn't it?

sman3.png

Just look at the costume in this pic, it looks so thrown together, look at the mask is tucked into the rest of the costume. I think Webb is going to blow our minds with this film and I can smell an element of misdirection here and the majority of people appear to be lapping it up."

It looks awful.

Back