The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the untold story was cut down for ASM afterall.

Think about it, they knew it'd at least be a trilogy, it's Spider-Man afterall. So there wasn't a need to wrap it all up in one movie.

If you follow the progression of the story it fits fine.

His Parents leave mysteriously. Years later upon finding his Dad's work he becomes curious as any orphan would do to what his parents were like, so he meets with a friend of his Dad's to gain some insight into why his Parents left.

He meets with Dr Connors who tells him he doesn't know why Pete's parents left, and Peter believes him, after all why wouldn't he.
He then starts to bond with Doc Connors as almost a surrogate Father because of his connection to his Parents, and seeks to somewhat follow in his Dad's footsteps by working with him in the Lab.

Then things get complicated, Peter gets bitten by the Spider and suddenly he's faced with these fantastic new abilities, following this is the death of his Uncle, his mourning and quest for Vengeance as well as starting a relathionship with Gwen.

That's alot of activity on his plate, so the desire he felt at the beginning to find out more about his Parents has quite reasonably been pushed out of his mind for now.

We the audience know that Connors lied about his knowledge over the Parker's dissapearance and knows more than he told Pete.
From the mysterious curcumstances and talk from other characters about The Parkers and Peter's reaction to the Spider-Bite we know there is a more intriguing and possibly sinister story yet revealed about them.

It all seems planned that the truth about the Parkers will steadily come to light over the Trilogy, rather than it being 'cut down' from the first film

Last edited:
I just wish they wouldn't have marketed it as in untold story but rather a new beginning .

Finally watched this the other day...script needed more work in places. I didn't mind the mask, but the rest of the suit was awful

I also loved how the flashback in the beginning looked like the latest IKEA catalog :lol

I was definitely bummed we didn't get more about the backstory of the parents, BUT I can understand why, as Nova pointed out.

I was definitely bummed we didn't get more about the backstory of the parents, BUT I can understand why, as Nova pointed out.

Comic back-story of Richard and Mary Parker. I covered it in case anyone wants to be surprised.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Watching it now with my little cousin.

What exactly were peoples problem with the Lizard?

Cos i think he's great. He's huge and tough, he looks like a giant human/lizard hybrid and his plan made perfect sense for his character.

What else did people expect?

:dunno

I don't require justification at all, i know i'm not the only person on the planet to like he movie.

I'm asking a simple question of what people expected differently from the Lizard. Since people have been vocal about how he was wrong, i wanna know in which ways done different he'd be right? Cos i'm Looking at him and wondering how could he be better?

The lizard looked like bad. His character wasn't anything special. He didn't feel like a new, different villain.

I don't require justification at all, i know i'm not the only person on the planet to like he movie.

I'm asking a simple question of what people expected differently from the Lizard. Since people have been vocal about how he was wrong, i wanna know in which ways done different he'd be right? Cos i'm Looking at him and wondering how could he be better?

Judging by the way you conduct yourself in this and other threads, regarding this film, I'll disagree and leave it at that. Enjoy your answers

The lizard looked like bad. His character wasn't anything special. He didn't feel like a new, different villain.

Well to me he was he was bigger and stronger than all villains we've seen Spider-Man face

How should he look? (being sincere:))

Judging by the way you conduct yourself in this and other threads, regarding this film, I'll disagree and leave it at that. Enjoy your answers

I'm not allowed to like it?

Cos that's all i've done regarding this film, say that i like it, i've never said it was the greatest movie ever, just that i really enjoy the film.

Last edited:
To be honest they could of explored alot more with the lizard. I mean why wasn't his son and wife in the movie? I liked him but he definatly wasn't doc ock or joker. Still think they could of did more with the design but that's just me. Still liked the movie.

To be honest they could of explored alot more with the lizard. I mean why wasn't his son and wife in the movie? I liked him but he definatly wasn't doc ock or joker. Still think they could of did more with the design but that's just me. Still liked the movie.

Agreed about the charactersation, his Wife and Son do provide great storytelling, particularly in SHED where...

Spoiler Spoiler:

And it's a shame they weren't included

But design-wise i don't get the hate. i'm no designer but i can't see how they could have made him better.

They could've made him more accurate by keeping trousers on him all the time along with the labcoat, but that would've seemed i dunno, goofy.

What should've been different about his look?

In the comics his head was elongated giving him more of a dinosaur/crocodile shape, i can see fans wanting that.

ConnorsLizard.jpg

lizard.jpg

But would it work better on-screen? :dunno

Last edited:
I'm not allowed to like it?

Cos that's all i've done regarding this film, say that i like it, i've never said it was the greatest movie ever, just that i really enjoy the film.

Now you're misinterpreting. I never specified whether your conduct was correct or incorrect. It's clear to me now, that you took offense to my question and follow up statement. Which was not it's intent.

Now, Despite my disagreement with your previous answer to my...previous question, you have still answered it and as I said, I will leave it at that.

Now you're misinterpreting. I never specified whether your conduct was correct or incorrect. It's clear to me now, that you took offense to my question and follow up statement. Which was not it's intent.

:1-1:

Now, Despite my disagreement with your previous answer to my...previous question, you have still answered it and as I said, I will leave it at that.

Okay, no i'm confused :lol

I just came here to discuss in what ways his design could've been better than what we had

:peace

Last edited:
They should've never rebooted this series. Raimi's Connors becoming a monster would've made him a better character overall. Instead of being a Green Goblin ripoff.

Raimi's Connors becoming a monster would've made him a better character overall.

In Raimi's movies he was basically just a cameo character, used hardly at all, i only recall three short scenes over two movies. I originally thought they were setting him up as a future villain but he had so little time in the films, not even qualifying as a supporting character that i came think it was just name dropping for the comic fans. Would've been interesting to see had the pooch not been screwed with SM3

Instead of being a Green Goblin ripoff.

Their origins are pretty similar.

excerpt from the Marvel Wiki entry on Curt Connors said:
He became obsessed with uncovering the secrets of reptilian regeneration, and studied reptilian biology extensively. From his home in the Everglades, he finally determined a serum taken from the DNA of a reptile. He had successfully regrown the missing limb of a rabbit, and, despite the warnings of his wife, chose to test it on himself. Connors ingested it, and his arm did indeed grow back. Unfortunately, it had one side effect: Connors was subsequently transformed into a reptilian monster!

Aside from the wife (which i agree would've added more to him) the test subject being a Mouse instead of Rabbit and him developing the serum with Richard Parker at Oscorp instead of at home alone in the Everglades, it's pretty accurate.

Back