The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Well, the haterz haven't got a leg to stand on anymore. This movie had the ultimate potential to suck, and was doomed by haters from the beginning. But IT DOESN'T!!!

lololollololololololololololololololololololololololololollololoololllolololololoolololoololoooololoooolooooololololololoololol/gasp//lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololloololololool/sigh/lolololololololololololololololollolololol/

Enjoy the movie guys.

OSCORP, is that you?

For those who have seen it and enjoyed the Raimi trilogy, how would you rank the series?

I recently re-watched the first three films for the first time in a few years. I feel the original is a fantastic origin story and holds up pretty well. Spiderman 2 really opened the story up to an epic scale, and managed to flesh out the characters with the perfect blend of drama, humor and comic book action. I would go as far as to rank it up there with The Avengers and Iron Man 1 in the pantheon of Marvel films. Spiderman 3 unfortunately falls apart as a follow up the such a fantastic film. Where does this new film fit in, quality wise?

For those who have seen it and enjoyed the Raimi trilogy, how would you rank the series?

I recently re-watched the first three films for the first time in a few years. I feel the original is a fantastic origin story and holds up pretty well. Spiderman 2 really opened the story up to an epic scale, and managed to flesh out the characters with the perfect blend of drama, humor and comic book action. I would go as far as to rank it up there with The Avengers and Iron Man 1 in the pantheon of Marvel films. Spiderman 3 unfortunately falls apart as a follow up the such a fantastic film. Where does this new film fit in, quality wise?

Well if you go by the reviewers on rottentomatoes.com it's better than Spider-Man 3 but not as good as 1 and 2.

VH-internet-memes-nick-fury-logic.jpg

Awesome! :lol

I liked it better than the 3 previous ones.
It was better on a lot of points IMO. Spider-Man was more agile and "Spider-like" if that makes sense, and a lot more likeable as Parker than Tobey Maguire was. The character seemed more flawed at points which made him more real to me.
The action and especially webslinging looked a whole lot better than in any of the previous movies, because it wasn't so obviously CGI.
The Lizard looked awesome,and just like you could see a resemblance of Ruffalo in the Hulk, you can see a resemblance to Ifans here.
Emma Stone did a good job as Gwen Stacy who wasn't the damsel in distress that Kirsten Dunst was for 3 movies.

The music was great as well, not only the original score by James Horner but also the existing music in some scenes.

All in all it made an extremely entertaining watch and this movie really deserves to be called The Amazing Spider-Man IMO. :rock :rock :rock

The order of release IMO.

1, 2 and very last 3.

The first one still works for me. I dig the goofy stuff because it's charming.
The second one is great, but I have problems with Mary Jane now, so that boggs it down a bit.

And 3 is a horrible, massive disappointment.

I was able to saw the Amazing Spider-man movie today and I certainly enjoyed it and might watch it a second time in the theater.

Sony just hooked me up with passes for tonight.

....Too bad I can't make it. :(

Back