The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well yeah. But I think the problem is, it's been done. And it didn't get praise then. I don't see how it will now. Unless the movie is good enough to over look it.

Yup and i've been anticipating changes with this for a couple years. Like i said a new take, SM for the 21st century. Kinda like USM when it first came out.

The origin has been tampered with. Question is CAN YOU DEAL WITH THAT?

:rotfl

I dunno, we'll see.

i can deal with it some people would complain about the spider bite i can care less at least he has web shooters and not dumb like toby spidey.

Well yeah. But I think the problem is, it's been done. And it didn't get praise then. I don't see how it will now. Unless the movie is good enough to over look it.

if youre referring to the hulk, it was a well beyond the origin that didnt work in that movie. if anything, id say it was all the other stuff that CAUSED such an issue with that movie

I love all these changes. All that's missing is Donald Glover as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Too bad that never came to be.

He can be miles spidey in like a parody or something .

I love all these changes. All that's missing is Donald Glover as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Too bad that never came to be.

Apparently he was too bulky. Not far fetched though, from what I understand, Spidey in the comics is now Latino and gay. :lol

I am. That's not THE problem, but it was A problem.

it was a problem because of the way it permeated throughout the rest of the movie. but the premise in and of itself CAN work.

whether or not it does this time....we'll see. if that is indeed what it turns out to be.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Gotta admit that this movie is getting good reviews. I guess its going to be a wait and see it for yourself sort of deal.

Positive review and responds to GL references.

Rick Marshall ‏@rickmarshall

@KyleAMaynard I thought GL was terrible, and I thought TASM was the best Spidey movie so far. I have no idea what that guy was thinking.

@ohheyitsgabe It's basically a cross between USM and E-616 SM origins. I had no problem w/ it whatsoever. Loved the film.

@ohheyitsgabe It's a different type of film, so it's hard to compare. It's def. my favorite Spider-Man movie so far (and I loved Spidey 2).

Kyle Maynard ‏@KyleAMaynard @rickmarshall You don't know me, but someone who WORKS for Marvel just said TASM is this year's Green Lantern after seeing it. Thoughts?
Expand

4h Rick Marshall ‏@rickmarshall
@KyleAMaynard That person is insane. I loved it & plan to actually (*gasp*) buy a ticket to see it again.

@ohheyitsgabe The origin in TASM wasn't changed any more than Raimi's films. Heck, in some ways, it's closer to comics (webshooters, etc).

Rick Marshall ‏@rickmarshall @iJackSparrow I'm under embargo, so I can't do much. But I'm perplexed by the hate. I saw it w/ a bunch of comic fans & we all LOVED it.

Rick Marshall ‏@rickmarshall @ohheyitsgabe Comparing Avengers, TASM, TDK is like comparing The Hangover, Breakfast Club, Shawshank Redemption. All good, all different.

Rick Marshall ‏@rickmarshall @KyleAMaynard @iJackSparrow The origin complaint is weird. TASM isn't any less loyal to comics than Nolan's Batman or Raimi's Spidey.

Rick Marshall ‏@rickmarshall @iJackSparrow @KyleMaynard Yeah, I thought GL was terrible too, so it's not like I'm so far off from the crowd here. That critique is weird.

Rick Marshall ‏@rickmarshall @iJackSparrow @KyleAMaynard Don't get me wrong, I'll mention some flaws in my review, but I still cheered like a 12yo kid at several points.

and more

"I actually was furious when they announced that they would reboot the franchise. And I cried a little, as I saw Spider-Man 3 again on DVD, knowing it would be the last of the Raimi Spider-Man movies (yes, I also loved the 3rd one, if less than 1+2) And I always heavily enjoyed Maguire's interpretation of the character, but Garfield sort of took it to the next level.

The movie is not without it's weak spots, but overall I think the reboot was a good thing. There is much to love in this movie.

And they sorta announce the villain of the next one!"

Last edited:

Oscorp are they talking about RIm from SHH ? I had a feeling that he wouldnt like the movie.

but shhh is pretty dead on though the guy gave Prometheus a 7/10 and i thought that was lame dunno i'll wait for better reviews out there

Could be old news but I'm happy to hear confirmed from Mark Webb himself that 1. Peter IS bit by a spider and 2. Uncle Ben dies!

Other than that I'm pretty good to go.

It's in the SSH interview at the 7:40 mark.

:yess:

I cannot believe it. I won something. I won a pair of tickets to see this at the preview showing in Cineworld on the 18th of this month. Thank you Dublin City Comics. This will be the first ever premier/preview I've ever been too. Woohoo. :D

Back