The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone interested, if you buy TASM2 at GameStop tomorrow ONLY, you'll get the pre-order suit pack bonus AND two free tickets to the movie. First come, first served on tickets though, until supplies last.

I'm sold!

For anyone interested, if you buy TASM2 at GameStop tomorrow ONLY, you'll get the pre-order suit pack bonus AND two free tickets to the movie. First come, first served on tickets though, until supplies last.

I'm sold!

Thanks for the heads up, was going to pickup at Toyrus since it was $10 cheaper there, but with the movie ticket deal, this sounds better. I went this morning and seems they give out a redemption code which prints out on your receipt for the movie tickest, like they do for DLC. So im not sure what they mean by "while supplies last" does it mean they run out of codes?

I hope my theaters will honor these opening night, as some theaters are stingy in honoring promotions on opening week.

I'm surprised that there are no critic reviews of this up yet...I wanted to pick it up after work, but not before at least one heavy hitter weighs in....

I'm surprised that there are no critic reviews of this up yet...I wanted to pick it up after work, but not before at least one heavy hitter weighs in....

I think everyone knows what to expect here, it looks like more of the same from the previous game with a few tweaks. I don't think anyone was jumping at the gun to review this game. It'll most likely get average reviews across the board when they start coming in. I'll be surprised if we see anything higher than 7.5 anywhere.

I think everyone knows what to expect here, it looks like more of the same from the previous game with a few tweaks. I don't think anyone was jumping at the gun to review this game. It'll most likely get average reviews across the board when they start coming in. I'll be surprised if we see anything higher than 7.5 anywhere.

7.5 is what I'm expecting, but it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised. I am hoping for more info on the web mechanics, though.

The main plot is all over the place: Shocker, Harry, Kingpin, Kraven, Black Cat, Brolectro, and Carnage as the final boss...
Terribly done cinematics with oddly unfitting animation and glitchy dialogues.
Other than that nothing new. I liked TASM game better, it was much more organic and complete.

Anyway these games are better than Webb's movies, at least feels like Spider-man.

Thanks for the heads up, was going to pickup at Toyrus since it was $10 cheaper there, but with the movie ticket deal, this sounds better. I went this morning and seems they give out a redemption code which prints out on your receipt for the movie tickest, like they do for DLC. So im not sure what they mean by "while supplies last" does it mean they run out of codes?

I hope my theaters will honor these opening night, as some theaters are stingy in honoring promotions on opening week.

They told me that the system will 'count' how many are printed, as a limit was placed on the number printed. Not sure how it works though, as too HOW many. I got mine though. :rock

No time to play tonight. Have all day tomorrow though. :rock

About 40 minutes in and it's pretty fun! Same old stuff, but the web mechanics were thankfully changed back, and the combat is very reminiscent of the Batman: Arkham series. It's very obviously a port, graphics wise, but no biggie there.

I would definitely recommend to get a console version rather than the PC version. I have quite a powerful computer and it has moments where the framerate drops to 15-20FPS and the controls are really annoying. You have to hold shift and a direction on the WASD and then click to shoot a webline and after a while that can become annoying and crampy and because the camera doesn't follow when you swing left or right you can get turned around a bit. Also, it seems like the settings are all on low because the textures look like arse and I haven't seen a way to improve that in the options but I might've overlooked it. I'm liking the combat and overall feel of the game. The story, eh. It's alright, I guess. For me this is more a Spider-Man Simulator, I prefer just going around the city being Spidey than do missions but that's just my taste. Overall it's an okay Spider-Man game. It's nothing great but it's certainly not as bad as some of the older games.

Not much time to play this game honestly, but in the 20 minutes I did get, why did they rehash the Uncle Ben death scene???? Kind of a head scratcher. It didn't take a long time though to get things going. Can't complain much and I guess it was a good refresher for those who didn't know.

That review has as many dislikes as likes. :lol As I said, anyone who compares ASM2 to SM3 or B&R will have their credibility damaged. That video (and it's comments) is/are proof.

I'm still having a blast with the game. A little slow in the beginning, sure. But past that, lots of fun. :dunno

I'm still having a blast with the game. A little slow in the beginning, sure. But past that, lots of fun. :dunno

that's good to know, how does it compare to the ASM 1 game? I did like that game, I never beat it but it was good fun.

Back