The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually wouldn't want to see that particular story on the screen, as good as the comic story was. He was just a great, distinctive Spidey villain.

say-what.jpg

I really wouldn't say top though. And to say this movie even compares to that is a stretch. Most of the characters are different and a good chunk of the situations in the story as well. It's losely based at best. Best of the X-Men movies? Debatable. Better than most? Again, debatable. Top comic story? Nope. :lol

like I posted earlier... DOFP was just another X men movie....

X-Men 1 Wolverine gets his Ass Kicked by Sabertooth and Magneto (But at least he is tuff in a bar to a bunch of mortals) and Magneto Lifts a bunch of Cop Cars
X-Men 2 Wolverine gets his Ass kicked by Lady Deathstrike (Again he is bad ass with a bunh of normal humans though) and Magneto lifts (stops) the X plane
X-Men 3 Wolverine Gets his ass kicked by Juggernaut and Magneto (but he does get to kill some Mutants this time, perhaps that is why people hate 3 ;) ) and Magneto lifts a Bridge
X-Men 4 (Wolverine origins) Wolverine gets his ass kicked a whole bunch of times by everyone
X-Men 5 (X men origins) Magneto lifts giant chains and rushes a Boat and lifts a Submarine
X-Men 6 More Wolverine getting his ass kicked by everybody but hey at least there are a bunch of humans in it who's ass he can kick in this one.
X-Men 7 Worthless Wolverine gets his ass kicked by Magneto and gets shot and knocked out for an action scene (so again all he can do is beat up some normals in a Hotel.) Magneto lifts a Ball park.

Now having said all that. I find all the X-men films to be somewhat enjoyable with the exception of Wolverine origins.

I like the Wolverine character but I do tire of how worthless they make him at times... I know he really only has the power to heal but he is suppose to have major fighting skills.... This wolverine does not.

So while I liked DOFP I don't think it's the best X men story.... I don't even think it's one of the top 3 x-men movies.

DOFP is very weak in the action department.

Wolverine hotel fight was the best action part.

true...

I've had enough X-Men talk in the Spiderman thread, can we change to talking about Fantastic Four now? :lol

:lol:lol:lol

LOL. The board certainly isn't the same without Nam..

True, it was more peaceful :lol

Cuz unlike everyone else here I didn't expect xmen to fail just cuz " it's not marvel dood" lmao.

:exactly:

The purpose of DofP was to ditch the continuity of the previous films in a way that allows you to use the same characters.

Except It didn't ditch it anymore than BTTF ditched the beginning before he went back to 1955 or Star Trek 2009.

Like them it spun the series into a new alternate timeline.

2376252-2376251-xmentimeline.png

Without the events OT there wouldn't be a future to save and alter to kick start the new timeline. So they still matter to the overall continuity, the details are just different now in the new altered future due to the meddling in the past.

DOFP is very weak in the action department.

I found the seventies action to be weak but the 2023 action to be fantastic.

Kraven's Last Hunt would be great. Jeffrey Dean Morgan might be a cool choice for him.

I could so see him as Kraven.

Last edited:
Except It didn't ditch it anymore than BTTF ditched the beginning before he went back to 1955 or Star Trek 2009.

Like them it spun the series into a new alternate timeline.

2376252-2376251-xmentimeline.png

Without the events OT there wouldn't be a future to save and alter to kick start the new timeline. So they still matter to the overall continuity, the details are just different now in the new altered future due to the meddling in the past.

I found the seventies action to be weak but the 2023 action to be fantastic.

I could so see him as Kraven.

Nam's point and reason for comparison to Dallas is that Dallas wrote the plot to be able to ignore killing off a fav character..... Make it all a dream so we can write ourselves out of a corner... I don't believe it was always meant to be a dream.

"It is notoriously difficult to resurrect a character who is shown to die on a hospital bed, with medical instruments clearly registering his death, and is then buried in a fully attended funeral. Duffy did not intend to return to Dallas, and for the season that followed, every effort was invested into continuing storylines without even the possibility of a return from the dead by Bobby.

Dallas' viewership declined in the 1985-6 season, and prevailing belief at CBS was that the loss of Bobby was the cause for the television show's decreasing popularity."

DoFP was able to do the same thing so that we could ignore and pretend that the bad movies and choices they made never happened.

BTTF had a plan from the beginning it was the point of the story... When they killed Cyclops in 3 they did not think.... Well we will bring him back in DOFP... It was a Dallas move.

Nam's point and reason for comparison to Dallas is that Dallas wrote the plot to be able to ignore killing off a fav character..... Make it all a dream so we can write ourselves out of a corner... I don't believe it was always meant to be a dream.

"It is notoriously difficult to resurrect a character who is shown to die on a hospital bed, with medical instruments clearly registering his death, and is then buried in a fully attended funeral. Duffy did not intend to return to Dallas, and for the season that followed, every effort was invested into continuing storylines without even the possibility of a return from the dead by Bobby.

Dallas' viewership declined in the 1985-6 season, and prevailing belief at CBS was that the loss of Bobby was the cause for the television show's decreasing popularity."

DoFP was able to do the same thing so that we could ignore and pretend that the bad movies and choices they made never happened.

BTTF had a plan from the beginning it was the point of the story... When they killed Cyclops in 3 they did not think.... Well we will bring him back in DOFP... It was a Dallas move.

Wasted. He's too much of an apologist to understand it's a direct correlation, and too young to appreciate the accuracy of said comparison. :lol

Only thing they share is restoring dead characters. That is true.

The method however for Dallas was like a last minute thing that made little sense and just undid the whole season. X-Men Days of Future Past planned and performed the restoration of the characters in a way that made sense in the story being told and wasn just a quick non-sensical twist for the sake of it

Okay guys I'll give you the Dallas thing. Definitely a contrived plot twist introduced way into the series instead of as a major theme from the get go. Kind of cool to see that done in a big budget franchise though. I wouldn't even say that Star Trek did it first because that show had lots of episodes with time travel prior to Abrams' 2009 reboot.

Okay guys I'll give you the Dallas thing. Definitely a contrived plot twist introduced way into the series instead of as a major theme from the get go. Kind of cool to see that done in a big budget franchise though. I wouldn't even say that Star Trek did it first because that show had lots of episodes with time travel prior to Abrams' 2009 reboot.

All of which was reversible incidentally. In the Abrams reboot for some reason no one bothers even attempting to undo the timeline change. Old Spock, of all people, should have had both motivation AND the knowledge of how to do it but......didn't. Because reboot.

You mean by using Red Matter again and going back to stop Nero from killing Kirks dad?

Or the sling-shot around the sun at warp thing that they did in Star Trek IV, which Spock pioneered in fact. Why did he use time travel to save Earth and yet not use time travel to save his own planet? Especially when the abuse of time travel was what led to his planet's destruction in the first place. Surely that is something that should be rectified.

Or the sling-shot around the sun at warp thing that they did in Star Trek IV, which Spock pioneered in fact. Why did he use time travel to save Earth and yet not use time travel to save his own planet? Especially when the abuse of time travel was what led to his planet's destruction in the first place. Surely that is something that should be rectified.

Spock%20Approves.png

Guess they didn't think of the left over time-travel methods to fix the timeline.

Who the hell watches Star Trek enough to know all their crap anyways.

Wait, I watched Transformers 4 twice in one day didn't I.

Great Star Trek observations being made, good job. :lol

Last edited:
:lol at Nova's meme, very good.

But yeah once I thought of it I could never let it go, kinda ruins the Trek reboot for me now. And STID was complete cack anyway, pissing all over pretty much everything. So new Trek is dead to me.

Thought this film was ok at the cinema.Watching it at home and it's poo. Not sure I can even finish it. The script, the story, the poor humour. I really do prefer the older movies.

It was so ****ing dark. Dematteis and Zeck were a great team, and that story was no exception, but I just wouldn't care to see it. Besides, to set that up you would need to really establish Kraven beforehand, and realistically I don't see a Spidey movie franchise that will: A) build up Kraven enough to the point where Last Hunt would have the dramatic effect it is supposed to; and B) then revisit that character again where he is the primary (or sole) antagonist in the film. I could imagine it if we had a Spidey tv series.

:lol at Nova's meme, very good.

But yeah once I thought of it I could never let it go, kinda ruins the Trek reboot for me now. And STID was complete cack anyway, pissing all over pretty much everything. So new Trek is dead to me.

I bet you're thrilled he's directing SW now. :lol

Back