The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I thought it was great fun. Performances were overall excellent. Perfect? Nah, not by a longshot. But it tonnes of excellent stuff, felt like a comic exploded into a big colorful mess. 3D swinging was pretty jaw dropping at times. And apart from about 2 scenes the VFX were excellent. Loved Rhino, what we saw of him.

Well I thought it was great fun. Performances were overall excellent. Perfect? Nah, not by a longshot. But it tonnes of excellent stuff, felt like a comic exploded into a big colorful mess. 3D swinging was pretty jaw dropping at times. And apart from about 2 scenes the VFX were excellent. Loved Rhino, what we saw of him.

:lol :lol :lol

what i expected glad you enjoyed it .

https://badassdigest.com/2014/04/18...-cross-over-with-other-studios-says-avi-arad/

Universes are the thing now. You don't have trilogies anymore, you have three separate franchises building up to a crossover (you'll be stunned to find out about some of the properties Hollywood wants to do this with). No franchise is an island anymore... unless it's Spider-Man.

Fans have been clamoring for Spider-Man (and the X-Men and the Fantastic Four) to be able to cross over with the Avengers and all the Marvel Studios heroes. And you know, maybe it could happen - Marvel has already rewritten ALL the rules on how blockbuster movies work. But it won't happen while Avi Arad is running the Spider-Man franchise (into the ground).

Arad spoke to IGN and was asked what it would take to get Spidey to meet up with the Avengers, and the answer was basically Arad's death:

“I think I’m probably a little bit of the militant here. I think it will take a moment in which we’ve run out of ideas. There's so much to tell about Spider-Man. There's so much to tell about the Sinister Six. The relationship between Spider-Man and Venom will bring a whole other world in.”

Arad thinks doing that would be a 'stunt,' as opposed to mining every single character who has ever appeared in a Spider-Man comic for their own franchise (Rocket Racer, coming summer 2020).

“But we really feel very confident that we have so much to do […] Peter Parker is unique; he's really different. He's not an Avenger. He's not an X-Man. He's unique and we revere that. And we'd rather work really hard to have the right ideas than – you know in the toy business we used to make toys glow in the dark when they weren't selling well and it gave at least another Christmas. We don't need it yet.”

You know, I agree that Peter shouldn't be an Avenger. I always hated that status quo in recent Marvel comics. Spider-Man is a loner. That's established in issue 1 of Amazing Spider-Man when he doesn't join the Fantastic Four. I like him that way! But that said he's a great character for bouncing off of other characters, and it's too bad we'll never see Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man quip at Hugh Jackman's Wolverine while Chris Evans' Captain America tells them both to keep their minds on the mission of toppling Doctor Doom.

It's worth noting: I think Avi Arad is the problem with the Spider-Man movies. There are a lot of people to blame for the franchise's descent, but Arad is definitely near the top of the list, if not the very top.

Jonewash • 35 minutes ago
Arad was the guy who forced Raimi to shoehorn Venom into Spider-man 3, right?
8 • Reply•Share ›

Devin Faraci Mod Jonewash • 34 minutes ago
And was a leading force in making AMAZING SPIDER-MAN a reboot.

https://badassdigest.com/2014/04/18...-cross-over-with-other-studios-says-avi-arad/

Universes are the thing now. You don't have trilogies anymore, you have three separate franchises building up to a crossover (you'll be stunned to find out about some of the properties Hollywood wants to do this with). No franchise is an island anymore... unless it's Spider-Man.

Fans have been clamoring for Spider-Man (and the X-Men and the Fantastic Four) to be able to cross over with the Avengers and all the Marvel Studios heroes. And you know, maybe it could happen - Marvel has already rewritten ALL the rules on how blockbuster movies work. But it won't happen while Avi Arad is running the Spider-Man franchise (into the ground).

Arad spoke to IGN and was asked what it would take to get Spidey to meet up with the Avengers, and the answer was basically Arad's death:

“I think I’m probably a little bit of the militant here. I think it will take a moment in which we’ve run out of ideas. There's so much to tell about Spider-Man. There's so much to tell about the Sinister Six. The relationship between Spider-Man and Venom will bring a whole other world in.”

Arad thinks doing that would be a 'stunt,' as opposed to mining every single character who has ever appeared in a Spider-Man comic for their own franchise (Rocket Racer, coming summer 2020).

“But we really feel very confident that we have so much to do […] Peter Parker is unique; he's really different. He's not an Avenger. He's not an X-Man. He's unique and we revere that. And we'd rather work really hard to have the right ideas than – you know in the toy business we used to make toys glow in the dark when they weren't selling well and it gave at least another Christmas. We don't need it yet.”

You know, I agree that Peter shouldn't be an Avenger. I always hated that status quo in recent Marvel comics. Spider-Man is a loner. That's established in issue 1 of Amazing Spider-Man when he doesn't join the Fantastic Four. I like him that way! But that said he's a great character for bouncing off of other characters, and it's too bad we'll never see Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man quip at Hugh Jackman's Wolverine while Chris Evans' Captain America tells them both to keep their minds on the mission of toppling Doctor Doom.

It's worth noting: I think Avi Arad is the problem with the Spider-Man movies. There are a lot of people to blame for the franchise's descent, but Arad is definitely near the top of the list, if not the very top.

Jonewash • 35 minutes ago
Arad was the guy who forced Raimi to shoehorn Venom into Spider-man 3, right?
8 • Reply•Share ›

Devin Faraci Mod Jonewash • 34 minutes ago
And was a leading force in making AMAZING SPIDER-MAN a reboot.

If the rumors are true, then I think Raimi’s idea for Spiderman 4 played more of a part in the reboot than Arad did.

Yeah, that's what it is. A highly entertaining, colorful, at times very touching and impressive, mess.
I really enjoyed it. Personally it was my favorite Spiderman movie to date.

If you go into the movie already hating it, your not going to find anything there to change your opinion.
If you go in willing to give it a go, there's a lot to enjoy.
Particularly the performances.
:)

badassdigest said:
Garfield's Spidey quip at Jackman's Wolverine while Evans' Cap tells them both to keep their minds on the mission of toppling Dr. Doom
Thank God this will never happen! Would be a nightmare come true.

Yeah, that's what it is. A highly entertaining, colorful, at times very touching and impressive, mess.

If you go into the movie already hating it, your not going to find anything there to change your opinion.

That's going to be a big, ridiculous problem with a lot of people. Plus, even if they DO find things in the movie that changes their opinion, I'd bet they won't admit to it.

I'll let you know May 1st, i'll be there opening night. :yess:

I'll be there opening night to but all this feedback has got me sort of disappointed I knowing should form my own opnion but I really wanted this movie to be good and it sounds as mediocre as the first. Idk maybe it's best if the franchise does go to marvel. Well atleast they have a venom and spidey movie in mind but judging from the handling of villians so far he may be wasted aswell. I'll see on the weekend of May 1st but man am I bummed about this.

I'll have trouble taking anyone's opinion at face value on this one considering how much better the first was than the Raimis' and the fact that most people still hated on it. But I'm not excited about the prospect of Harry as the "Green Goblin" at all. That's some serious ****ing with the mythos and much like Iron Man 3, if Webb blows this, I'm not going easy on him.

I'll have trouble taking anyone's opinion at face value on this one considering how much better the first was than the Raimis' and the fact that most people still hated on it. But I'm not excited about the prospect of Harry as the "Green Goblin" at all. That's some serious ****ing with the mythos and much like Iron Man 3, if Webb blows this, I'm not going easy on him.

Alot of people didn't like it because they didn't find it as good as the Raimi films. Why watch The amazing spider-man when there's a better spider-man movie to watch? that's the general thought anyway. Just opinions but it is one that I share, this just feels like a watered down version of spider-man to me, it's a great peter park but there just missing the mark on Spider-Man.

The Raimi original isn't flawless, but it was a groundbreaking movie that holds up extremely well for me, and millions of others. Other than switching out the villains and love interest, TASM was as close as you get to a remake short of using the same script. Garfield and Stone are great in it, and special effects have certainly advanced, but there's nothing in it that I haven't seen done better in countless other movies. For me, the emotion and sense of wonder of the original just wasn't there.

See, but the Raimi films are tripe to me. Zero emotional depth, goofy, slapstick that was just as off-target as people claim ASM was. Parker has zero redeemable qualites and is impossible to identify with. He's a stalker virgin. Theres a bumbling kid who makes mistakes, and theres being incapable of absolutely anything, from delivering a pizza to just walking down a street without tripping over himself, Raimi's Parker had to be autistic, not simply a nerd. Hated the Erectile Dysfuction "i can't be spiderman becuase my webs don't shoot" SM2 storyline and 3 has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The first would be an ok movie if the effects held up but they don't. The Goblin time square fight is embarassingly bad CGI. The Doc Ock fight was fun right upto Parker revealed himself to hundreds of people as Spiderman but outside of the fight scenes, meh.

I'll be there opening night to but all this feedback has got me sort of disappointed I knowing should form my own opnion but I really wanted this movie to be good and it sounds as mediocre as the first. Idk maybe it's best if the franchise does go to marvel. Well atleast they have a venom and spidey movie in mind but judging from the handling of villians so far he may be wasted aswell. I'll see on the weekend of May 1st but man am I bummed about this.

:slap

Most of the comments on here have been positive :gah:

People just seem to feed negativity, why?

See, but the Raimi films are tripe to me. Zero emotional depth, goofy, slapstick that was just as off-target as people claim ASM was. Parker has zero redeemable qualites and is impossible to identify with. He's a stalker virgin. Theres a bumbling kid who makes mistakes, and theres being incapable of absolutely anything, from delivering a pizza to just walking down a street without tripping over himself, Raimi's Parker had to be autistic, not simply a nerd. Hated the Erectile Dysfuction "i can't be spiderman becuase my webs don't shoot" SM2 storyline and 3 has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The first would be an ok movie if the effects held up but they don't. The Goblin time square fight is embarassingly bad CGI. The Doc Ock fight was fun right upto Parker revealed himself to hundreds of people as Spiderman but outside of the fight scenes, meh.

... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 88
So here we have Spidey fighting Iron Monger oops i mean Rhyno, then a blonde surfer type Green Goblin. Why couldn't they just take the unused GG prosthetic from Raimi 1st Spidey film and adapt and improve it if possible? Harry Osborn works well in Raimi's trilogy because he's given time and more important he's given a reallistic motive. Whether this Harry Osborn/GG works as well is to be seen but i doubt it will, at least Electro looks the part and should save the film.

Harry Osborn works well in Raimi's trilogy because he's given time and more important he's given a reallistic motive. Whether this Harry Osborn/GG works as well is to be seen but i doubt it will, at least Electro looks the part and should save the film.

His General Hospital memory loss was pretty atrocious.

Back