The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look great, but anticipation for this one (for me) is much higher.

The franchise will be milked dry when Sony starts to break even....and that won't happen anytime soon, if ever. :lol IMO, it's difficult to compare this new trilogy to the original, in terms of a financial 'success', because the original was such a powerhouse. I mean, let's face it. Sony would be lucky if they could reproduce that same 'formula.' Do I think it'll happen? Based on ASM vs. SM1 numbers, no, but ASM2 can easily level the playing field. Even if it doesn't, will these new installments still blow the doors off of most every other comicbook adaptation at the box office? Absolutely.

Sony would be crazy to 'give up,' if that's what the article is implying. They better hold on to Spider-Man for dear life. It's like playing Monopoly, and owning only Boardwalk and Park Place. Who cares what the rest of the board looks like? You got Boardwalk and Park Place!!!! :rotfl

:lol :lol :lol

Sony would be crazy to 'give up,' if that's what the article is implying. They better hold on to Spider-Man for dear life. It's like playing Monopoly, and owning only Boardwalk and Park Place. Who cares what the rest of the board looks like? You got Boardwalk and Park Place!!!! :rotfl

Yeah Sony's never giving up the rights to Spider-Man, not unless they go bankrupt. Even if ASM2 only did $500M, they'll still be committed to this franchise. Their only other tentpole franchise is James Bond, yet even Bond is creatively controlled by MGM.

I really hope they don't rush the Sinister Six, really should be in ASM4. ASM3 should pit Spidey up against other villains like Vulture and Doc Ock, and introduce Venom. Venom gets his solo film between ASM3 and 4, and you get a big showdown in ASM4. Least that's how I'd plan the franchise.

Yeah Sony's never giving up the rights to Spider-Man, not unless they go bankrupt. Even if ASM2 only did $500M, they'll still be committed to this franchise. Their only other tentpole franchise is James Bond, yet even Bond is creatively controlled by MGM.

I really hope they don't rush the Sinister Six, really should be in ASM4. ASM3 should pit Spidey up against other villains like Vulture and Doc Ock, and introduce Venom. Venom gets his solo film between ASM3 and 4, and you get a big showdown in ASM4. Least that's how I'd plan the franchise.

I agree with you. They're already getting criticized for rushing a 'reboot.' Hold off on Venom for ASM4 or later. If it's a staple for ASM3, Webb and Sony will never hear the end of it, mimicking in some ways SM3. If they do throw it into the mix by ASM3 (or even ASM2), sure. Whatevs. :lol I'll roll with it, but they better watch their step with that one. Too many people waiting to pounce on them, as is. Vulture, Kraven, Mysterio, etc. You've got plenty of material to choose from.

It's like playing Monopoly, and owning only Boardwalk and Park Place. Who cares what the rest of the board looks like? You got Boardwalk and Park Place!!!! :rotfl

Which only matters if people land on them. If they don't, you go bankrupt paying rent on everybody else's properties and wind up cashing them in. It's a ****** strategy.

Somebody ALWAYS lands on them. :mwaha Slap a hotel on them and it only takes one hit. It's Boardwalk and Park Place, c'mon! :lol

Right now I'd say Boardwalk and Park Place belong to the Avengers and Hunger Games :wink1: ASM would be more like Pennsylvania or North Carolina.

:nono Those stupid purple properties are what people ALWAYS land on. With hotels, they're a goddam slow bleedout. :lol

Those and the reds are sleepers, aren't they? :rotfl

I think the greens are a waste, more times than not. I load those up all the time, and either people land in jail, just shy of the trio, or clear them all and get rewarded with Community Chest. :gah:

Nice way to edit around the fact that they're only talking about visual effects. Taking lessons from Nova? :lol

Really? Thats weird because if you actually read it you would see this

We only got a small dose of the slapstick Spidey humor, but it was needed; this is definitely a darker and more serious Spider-Man film than we’ve ever seen. Right from the opening sequence, a clear larger narrative and universe is driving things – and on the whole, this feels like a more confident and prepared sophomore effort from Webb and Co., clearly wanting to outdo some their freshman failings. The story that was revealed was also more streamlined and focused than the first movie – it’s going to have a lot of moving parts, but there seems to be a solid command of things and an understanding of what works and what doesn’t.One thing that still works is the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone as the principal leads. We got to see a scene with them and it’s pretty much as adorable as ever, with both actors (real life offscreen couple) now settled into the iconic roles, having (largely) proven themselves the first go-around. Garfield is definitely Spider-Man now, if there was any doubt; from the physicality to the attitude he is Peter Parker, and a lot of the NYC hipster stuff seems to have been toned down in favor of just nailing the character.

As for the villains: Paul Giamatti hams it up good, and Dane DeHaan’s Harry Osborn (only briefly teased) will seemingly deliver something worthwhile – but for all the controversy, it’s Jamie Foxx’s Electro who is the most surprisingly effective. Starting as a slightly unhinged engineer and devolving into a frazzled (no pun) freak with ego issues, movie Electro is probably the most intriguing, powerful (and scary) version of the character we’ve seen yet. The changes to canon seem to be worth it, in this case. A battle between Spider-Man and Electro is pretty epic to behold – as are Electro’s powers in general.

Theres also another review of the 30 minutes shown that was made today by IGN, which had a ton of spoilers, so I didn’t post it, nothing but great things they had to say. Don’t believe me? Here is the link

https://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/19/weve-seen-33-minutes-of-amazing-spider-man-2

I would quickly edit your comment before someone finds out you can’t read, or you are just hating :wink1:

6 out the 9 paragraphs were technical related but the 3 that were related to the story were very positive.

So Nam was 66% accurate. :lol

Last edited:
6 out the 9 paragraphs were technical related but the 3 that were related to the story were very positive.

So Nam was 70% accurate. :lol

Actually I can post the whole thing, there were more than 3 paragraphs relating to the story, the soundtrack and effects were only 3 paragraphs combined. Of course this wasn’t coming from the MSU so we have to break our excitement into percentages now :slap

Nice try Jye, but Nam was about 30 percent correct.

I did drop it to 66%. :lol

I'm horrible at math, I don't know why i'm a math professor. :lol

Based on the link you posted, I counted 6 out of 9 being about cool 3D and soundtrack method.

Did you see the Cap 10 minute trailer, that was 101% bad ***. :lol

I'd say about 60 percent badass and the other percent meh. Still gonna watch the **** out of it.

I did drop it to 66%. :lol

I'm horrible at math, I don't know why i'm a math professor. :lol

Based on the link you posted, I counted 6 out of 9 being about cool 3D and soundtrack method.

Did you see the Cap 10 minute trailer, that was 101% bad ***. :lol

Yup, Cap looks awesome. I really liked most of what I saw in the first 10 minutes, but I still am worried about the acting and cheese. If it balances everything like Iron Man 1 I’ll be pretty happy.

All I know is that this year looks like it will beat 2013 with this group of movies.

I was not a huge fan of IM3, I know...shocker.

MOS.....ughhhh.

The Wolverine was just ok, i lowered my rating on it since the theater viewing.

Thor 2 was better than IM3, but Thor 1 was still better, but Thor 2 was my favorite for 2013.

Back