The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Not just posters they stopped with the movies as well right.

Or no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, those are gone too.

Jye, get on the phone with your sister and get me some Stare Wars movie posters!

You're my only hope.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Friend from work is a huge fan of the first two movies and told him to pretend this one doesn't exist, unless he watches it for Sarah Connor. It makes me BUMMED to have to tell him that. I go into movies wanting to love them. I just cannot forgive their 'Alien3' moment with this one.

Glad they didn't allow Hamilton to do a fat Sarah.......guess she was not looking forward to the workouts...lol. She was the sole reason i saw this movie, and she did not disappoint. Still iconic. Love her. Older or not, she still is amazing.

Ok, this is my last post taking a giant **** on Dark Fate. I promise. (clearly I'm a liar)

Last edited:
Dark Fate was the worse of the franchise. It makes no sense at all.

The acting was laughable, the plot was plain old stupid.....let?s all trust the white chick with a gun after 5 minutes.

Effects were retreads of older films that did it better.

This was a dumpster fire. Took 2 viewing to get through it. It was my movie for the day while fighting a stomach bug, and it actually made me feel more sick.

The acting was laughable, the plot was plain old stupid.....let?s all trust the white chick with a gun after 5 minutes.

This was a dumpster fire. Took 2 viewings to get through it. It was my movie for the day while fighting a stomach bug, and it actually made me feel more sick.

Oh, come on!!! It's not that bad.

IT'S WORSE. Yeah, I hated it.

This was a dumpster fire. Took 2 viewing to get through it. It was my movie for the day while fighting a stomach bug, and it actually made me feel more sick.

Sorry, this post will be all over the place.

The acting was so bad, the story was crap. Make a new original story!!! The homage to all the other movies was annoying, not enjoyable (Dani watching young Grace on a playground through a fence, Dani and Sarah pulling off in a Jeep at the end... there was way more, that?s just what?s fresh in my head). It was weird seeing Arnold petting a dog, dogs hate terminators. Why was there just a picture of Carl?s van on his fridge so the Rev 9 knew what they were driving? Why would that General from the Air Force just hand them an EMP? Why did the Grace character even need to be in the movie? Why did the cursing in the movie sound so forced and cringe worthy? You METAL MFer!!! Why???? The fans have said what they wanted. They keep trying to create a new fan base and ignore the one they already have. The Rev 9 would look cool if he wasn?t missing half of his head. I fell asleep twice watching this. I cringed so many times watching this. I hated this movie and I?m mad I spent $35 on the steelbook.

I will not watch another one of these unless it?s..

A: Going back to its horror roots.
B: Future War!!!
C: Has Edward Furlong. I don?t care how fat he is.

The acting was one of the few things that I thought was surprisingly good. If anything I'd blame the story. Number one being that they killed John Connor only to replace him almost immediately. :lol And why couldn't Legion just be Skynet still? There's just so happens to be another time traveling AI that takes over and manages to create Robots they call Terminators as well? Arnold and Linda were the only reasons I enjoyed the bits that I did. I enjoyed Genisys more.

Since I had read all spoilers before seeing the film and knew they had killed John I allowed myself to 'accept it' and run with what they had.

And I found it a pretty solid piece of Terminator-fare in the vein of The Sarah Connor chronicles up until it went full Genisys OTT with the plane stuff. All suspension of disbelief goes out the window when everything goes obviously CGI, human characters start surviving the impossible, and Terminators are unkillable until they're not.

I am surprise at how the backlash for adding overpowered female characters did not his this film like a ton of bricks.

They basically neutered all the male characters and replaced them with crazy over powered female characters.

Was Cameron looking for a new wife?

Why did we need to replace the entire point of every other film? John Connor was the head of the resistance and mankind?s only hope.

But actually no. He was not.

So unbelievable stupid.

I think the only way they felt a sequel can work is if the future unfolds differently, which is the war breaking out later, a different AI behind it, etc., and it’s actually a good idea, better than how most post-T2 films handled it, but the execution wasn’t totally there.

I think argument could be made that the rinse and repeat formula hurt it as much if not more than the female story. I think the Terminator brand has a taint that isn’t going to appeal to the general audience. Most of us rolled the dice on it because of Arnold and Linda and Cameron, but we’re long time fans who doll at the release of a new film differently than new audiences. T1 and T2 are like Batman ‘89 and Returns, all the sequels after that are Schumacher films, we keep waiting and hoping to get our Batman Begins.

Except that we don't really want a Batman Begins that reboots the whole thing. We want a BR 2049 that actually connects to the originals, or at the minimum a Fury Road that kinda/sorta connects. But not a full reboot.

Of course I say that with regard to what we were hoping for before Dark Fate. Now I don't really care about any attempts at anything anymore. The series is done.

I am surprise at how the backlash for adding overpowered female characters did not his this film like a ton of bricks.

They basically neutered all the male characters and replaced them with crazy over powered female characters.

Why did we need to replace the entire point of every other film? John Connor was the head of the resistance and mankind?s only hope.

So unbelievable stupid.

"BINGO!"
Bingo winner.jpg

Genisys has a lot of cool redeeming factors. The awesome future war sequence, Battle Scarred John Connor, the time Portal, 84 Arnold. The second half of the movie goes down hill a bit.

I think the only way they felt a sequel can work is if the future unfolds differently, which is the war breaking out later, a different AI behind it, etc., and it?s actually a good idea, better than how most post-T2 films handled it, but the execution wasn?t totally there.

It's not a good idea though. T3 had the exact same plot. There's nothing new or original about the story or characters. They literally just renamed everything, or recycled something from a previous film.

So unbelievable stupid.

:rotfl

Imagine what a sex-pest he was on the Aliens set with Sigourney.

Now that he looks like Mrs. Doubtfire I'm guessing moves on the ladies on-set aren't quite as effective as back in the day.

Genisys has a lot of cool redeeming factors. The awesome future war sequence, Battle Scarred John Connor, the time Portal, 84 Arnold. The second half of the movie goes down hill a bit.

The TG FW battle wasn?t bad but I prefer the FW aesthetics from DF.

Not the FW characters but the actual look and feel of the aesthetics.

Back