The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's sad if the great Junkie XL continued the trend of overusing the main T2 theme. Even T2 itself resisted blasting the title music during major moments like him approaching the window with the minigun or suddenly appearing with the grenade launcher to blast the T-1000 at the end. Should have asked Brad Fiedel to come out of retirement.

That's sad if the great Junkie XL continued the trend of overusing the main T2 theme. Even T2 itself resisted blasting the title music during major moments like him approaching the window with the minigun or suddenly appearing with the grenade launcher to blast the T-1000 at the end. Should have asked Brad Fiedel to come out of retirement.

That's my biggest issue in the movie when I saw it. The score felt "Terminator lite". I think Brad Fiedel once said he won't come back because he will then need to re-learn how to use modern equipment* (citation needed). That said, there are tons of other composers that could do this justice other than Junkie XL.

I'll have to watch your review again. I was profoundly inebriated last night and don't remember much of what I did when got home. Sounds like it didn't win you over though.

Well, here?s the deal:
I liked it better than Genisys and 3 and even those turds have great moments. But those don?t help over the movies as a whole. Salvation, even though it was a cluttered mess, from those left over script pieces, which got filmed,was overall the best new thing, if you ask me.

Even if you didn?t like it (you as in the fandom, not you in person), you can?t ignore the fact that they gave us
- future war (not the blue super dystopic one, more grounded, but still)
- an amazing score (my favorite by Elfman, otherwise I think he?s just overrated from his Burton collabs)
- Marcus Wright (change to the canon was never an argument, we never learned how Reese learned that stuff)
- T-600's looked amazing
- diversity (in comparison to the other sequels)
That?s why I enjoy Salvation. I honestly do.

Now do I, or did I enjoy Dark Fate? So so
- the acting was good, except for some parts by Hamilton (I get the feeling she forgot how to act, been in a few years
- the action was very good (of course sometimes over-done, as anything nowadays)
- the cgi was very well done (Intro looked amazing, I genuinely gasped and no apparent flaws, like see through jaw, or anything)
- the story was overall the same (meh), but the background about the greed in today's society and someone?s gonna pick it up and do something new worked (logic problems were Genisys endo in direct T2 continuation though and that it's still called H-K and Terminator (new system, new names, me thinks.)
- music was horrendous (few steel-y bits, mexican guitars (can?t listen to that ****, salsa remix to my fav theme *yuck*))

Overall: yeah. And I?m gonna get it and give it a good rewatch, the better sequel to 2 is Salvation though.

Yikes that looks horrible looks like an old woman lol

The mouth slant down looks silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s only the glasses. I think otherwise it looks fine.

It?s not the T2 theme he overused. He used it very inappropriately, when Carl was thinking about putting on the glasses (which was a super heroic and BS moment, honestly) He killed John and now he?s the super guarantee to beating the Rev-9? WTF?!
What he did use, was actually the bit of T2, just before he steps out the gas in T2 and SWAT blasts him. In the Varese soundtrack you can listen to this part. It?s "I'll be back" and starts after the T-1000 intro. They sped it up though and put a bit of their own twist to it.

Man, I?m on the oldschool hype. Listening to the T1 and 2 scores in parallel. Just mind-boggling how mediocre the music became, for those movies, when 1 and 2 just killed. Brad hit the nail on the head.

T2 especially is incredible. Every scene.

True to the bone. I?m gonna get me the new padded mediabooks for 1 + 2.

0744828336933_1.jpg

Show sellers and through that, at least partially, the studio where the real love for the franchise lies. Gotta add: this once powerful and promising franchise.

In general, film scores since like 2000 on have often felt like filler noise and don’t necessarily stand out, it’s rare for me to come by a score I can really enjoy for just music. For example, as overall films I love much of the MCU but most of the music doesn’t do much for me as just music outside of the film. Since T3, the scores have felt largely just generic, though I give Elfman some credit for giving Salvation some life. The only part of T3 that stood out was the orchestral at the end when the bombs launch.

Grace and Johns both killed this movie in their reviews. Sounds like another wannabe. Dang! I really was excited to see this too.

Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Great vid.
IMO Arnie's last really good movie was True Lies. which is 25 years old. :thud:
Pretty much everything else has been pretty meh.

Great observation I agree and it?s plainly obvious he knows this hence his new movies not being mentioned not even Expendables lol

But even some of his action stinkers from the 80?s were left out.

I knew his career was in trouble when I saw Eraser that was so bad.

What?s really sad honestly is that he stopped reinventing himself like he did from Pumping Iron to Action to Comedy back to Action-Comedy.

Now it?s just Terminator rehash after Terminator rehash and he even admits that it?s just a cash grab now.

Sad.

Nonetheless Stallone has got nothing on Arnold?s diversity of movies.

Stallone?s most bad ass movie will never be as bad ass as Arnold?s movies.

Terminator-Dutch-Conan > Rocky-Rambo.

That will never change.

And let's look at sci-fi vs sci-fi.

The Terminator
Predator
The Running Man
Total Recall
Terminator 2

vs.

Demolition Man
Judge Dredd

lol

Or action comedies:

Kindergarten Cop (since it did have a couple shootouts)
Last Action Hero
True Lies

vs.

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot

lol

Arnie had a good run of about 12 years from Conan-True Lies when he was pretty much cinema gold. Every project he touched seemed to turn out great. As you said there was the odd turkey but every 2nd or 3rd movie was a hit. Maybe they were more movies or their time and Arnie was in the right place at the right time. To get the right roles.

Like everyone though, Arnie has a shelf life. I would rather see a young muscle bound Arnie kicking ass in Commando, then some old due mumbling the same old lines , that we have heard a million times before.

And let's look at sci-fi vs sci-fi.

The Terminator
Predator
The Running Man
Total Recall
Terminator 2

vs.

Demolition Man
Judge Dredd

lol

Or action comedies:

Kindergarten Cop (since it did have a couple shootouts)
Last Action Hero
True Lies

vs.

Stop or My Mom Will Shoot

lol

I mean seriously it?s not even close even though Stallone likes to think he gave Arnold great competition lol

And that?s coming from a huge Rocky and First Blood fan.

But Conan alone trumps everything Stallone did.

Arnie had a good run of about 12 years from Conan-True Lies when he was pretty much cinema gold. Every project he touched seemed to turn out great. As you said there was the odd turkey but every 2nd or 3rd movie was a hit. Maybe they were more movies or their time and Arnie was in the right place at the right time. To get the right roles.

Like everyone though, Arnie has a shelf life. I would rather see a young muscle bound Arnie kicking ass in Commando, then some old due mumbling the same old lines , that we have heard a million times before.

Well said.

Cobra tops any of Arnold's action comedies.

Get off the drugs.

Back