The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

It took Carl 10 seconds to do what
Spoiler Spoiler:
Keep in mind though

Spoiler Spoiler:

meltingman1.jpg

Romano was the unluckiest dr to ever walk the halls of ER.. Fortunately the guy was a prick..

Just to share our board member Endosickness's review of Dark Fate. He has been instrumental in helping us to get a complete T2 soundtrack available on youtube.

Romano was the unluckiest dr to ever walk the halls of ER.. Fortunately the guy was a prick..

I wasn't watching ER at that point. Seems kinda..well, stupid as **** that he would lose his arm to a helicopter blade and then later, in a separate incident, have a chopper fall on him. Like that once great show jumped into parody a bit.

Last edited:
Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Savage, lol.

;)

:lol Yeah too drunk to have thought processes right now

That's what I had in mind. Or at least something from that film

Arnold is my favorite actor of all time.

I?m dreading the day that he dies I will be a drunk mess

Agreed. I'll be the most upset one can possibly be upset by a celebrity death when Arnold leaves us. He's a hero.

My favorite standalone movie still remains Raiders with Die Hard a close 2nd.

My favorite character still remains Luke with Darth Vader a close 2nd.

My top 12 are:

RAIDERS
DIE HARD
ESB
ANH
GOOD BAD UGLY
ALIENS
T2
PREDATOR
T1
CONAN
ROBOCOP
ROAD WARRIOR

I know Rocky 1 and First Blood is floating somewhere between 13-25 lol

The reason I place Raiders and Die Hard over ESB and ANH is because Raiders and Die Hard don?t require another movie to achieve their full potential even though the cultural significance obviously goes to those 2 SW movies but i?m not ranking cultural significance.

The Good the bad and the ugly seems so random amongst those other choices :lol A non-sci-fi/fantasy movie.

Personally I'd have to have Goodfellas in there. That Scorcese fella, his movies largely aint cinema but he's got that gem at least. :monkey3

The Good the bad and the ugly seems so random amongst those other choices :lol A non-sci-fi/fantasy movie.

Personally I'd have to have Goodfellas in there. That Scorcese fella, his movies largely aint cinema but he's got that gem at least. :monkey3

It's interesting how not a single MCU film made it on Jye's list. Makes you wonder. Are they even movies? Will they stand the test of time or are they fast food, disposable stuff to enjoy momentarily and move one to the next thing? My mind wanders.

I wasn't watching ER at that point. Seems kinda..well, stupid as **** that he would lose his arm to a helicopter blade and then later, in a separate incident, have a chopper fall on him. Like that once great show jumped into parody a bit.

Like all shows, it definitely jumped the chopper in the later years..

I managed to watch Dark Fate a couple of days ago and it was.. alright. It's nowhere near the levels of T1, T2 and TSCC but leaps and bounds ahead of the last 3 films. The main draw is the acting and I think the main cast deserves praise. I only recently noticed that there's a small movement against the film and I struggle to comprehend what's so offensive in the film. I remember being hugely upset by how bad the writing in Genysis was but this is not that at all. I guess the only two things I didn't liked was the twist with the T-800 and the utterly unremarkable score by Junkie XL that doesn't feel worthy of a franchise of this magnitude.

The closest I could compare this movie with is that it reminds me of the 2014 Robocop reboot, where it turned out neither a disaster nor anything remarkable. Overall I'd say it's a decent, harmless film.

Super sad, talking about the music. JXL is capable of awesome feats and here he only copied a few steel-y bits from T2, but NOTHING on his own. And that mexican, guitar BS interspliced with the theme had me standing up directly and leave.

Brilliant. :lol

Awww man....''it's just going to keep happening''...interesting how that also serves as a direct metaphor for the reality of these ***t Terminator sequels and reboots - and like T2 whatever 'resolution' they come to in the Dark Fate trilogy will be undone by the next round of ***t Terminator sequels when someone else wants to try and make some money from it years from now.

If I humour them and ask 'what resolution?' the only thing I can think of that'd be different from how T2 tried to resolve it is if they copy The Matrix Revolutions and broker a peace with Skyn- sorry 'Legion'. But even The Matrix is presumably gonna undo that in its fourth movie :lol

Cameron and Terminator

View attachment 469162

This movie is basically a rehashed, forgettable cash grab and the beginning of this is outright awful. We also have a new John Connor and savior of humanity. :lol

Well it's offensive because no one ever watched that final emotional scene in T2 and had to think

Spoiler Spoiler:

until now. It retroactively ruins T2's ending. Heck it ruins T1 aswell. It was all pointless. The characters fought for nothing and achieved nothing.

That of course is if you accept Dark Fate as canon as Cameron apparently wants us to. We can just ignore him thankfully
Spoiler Spoiler:

The one thing I?m reading here is "cash grab" and "making money". I am a huge fan of T1 and 2, if my tries of getting this full score together are any indication and yes I am 100% certain and clear that Terminator is NOT a big franchise anymore. It is SAD, if anything.

The last movies were box-office-bombs, not near any big list of "highest grossing"-this-and-that. It?s done! There is no more big money in this. Even toy companies get it. HT at least announce and brought Pops and the new T-800 for Genisys. Dark Fate: Nothing! NECA announced the T-800 and Sarah for this at SDCC, yet nothing on the release (at least that I know of and I roam several sites daily. The only way, they can get this franchise a dignifying death, is the Future War movie. Even CASUALS say that this is the only story that?s of interest. It?s mind boggling why they?re still trying the same ****, when even the numbers say stop, because that?s ALWAYS what counts.

:lol Yeah too drunk to have thought processes right now

That's what I had in mind. Or at least something from that film

Agreed. I'll be the most upset one can possibly be upset by a celebrity death when Arnold leaves us. He's a hero.

Movies about the Italian mob bore me including GF and GF.

:chase

It's interesting how not a single MCU film made it on Jye's list. Makes you wonder. Are they even movies? Will they stand the test of time or are they fast food, disposable stuff to enjoy momentarily and move one to the next thing? My mind wanders.

Great observation did you also notice no LOTR in my top 12. :horror

FOTR is in my top 20 though.

Also the only straight up horror in my top 20 is Exorcist and only straight up comedy is Airplane.

Regarding MCU remember that i?m still a product of the 80s what I refer to as my golden years starts in 77 with ANH and ends in 95 at True Lies.

There are indeed a handful of MCU movies in my top 100 though i?m still super happy to see these Marvel characters finally brought to life and interact with each other on the screen the question is will Joker make it into my top 100 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Saw it last night. LOVED it. Pretty solid film, Arnie is great, Sarah is great, the Rev-9 and Grace especially was badass. Will get on bluray, bring on the HT! I'd love to see someone do the prologue T-800, that scene was cold.

Super sad, talking about the music. JXL is capable of awesome feats and here he only copied a few steel-y bits from T2, but NOTHING on his own. And that mexican, guitar BS interspliced with the theme had me standing up directly and leave.

The one thing I?m reading here is "cash grab" and "making money". I am a huge fan of T1 and 2, if my tries of getting this full score together are any indication and yes I am 100% certain and clear that Terminator is NOT a big franchise anymore. It is SAD, if anything.

The last movies were box-office-bombs, not near any big list of "highest grossing"-this-and-that. It?s done! There is no more big money in this. Even toy companies get it. HT at least announce and brought Pops and the new T-800 for Genisys. Dark Fate: Nothing! NECA announced the T-800 and Sarah for this at SDCC, yet nothing on the release (at least that I know of and I roam several sites daily. The only way, they can get this franchise a dignifying death, is the Future War movie. Even CASUALS say that this is the only story that?s of interest. It?s mind boggling why they?re still trying the same ****, when even the numbers say stop, because that?s ALWAYS what counts.

I'll have to watch your review again. I was profoundly inebriated last night and don't remember much of what I did when got home. Sounds like it didn't win you over though.

Movies about the Italian mob bore me including GF and GF.

:chase

*insert scary triggered dwarf GIF*

Saw it last night. LOVED it. Pretty solid film, Arnie is great, Sarah is great, the Rev-9 and Grace especially was badass. Will get on bluray, bring on the HT! I'd love to see someone do the prologue T-800, that scene was cold.

Well I can agree on that last part. I'd like to have that scene on my shelves regardless what I think of the film overall.

From Darkside's Facebook page. Pre-orders October 31st. Impressions? Some saying too much forehead. They say just right.
73423389_2493407504214498_1503706979913170944_o.jpg

From Darkside's Facebook page. Pre-orders October 31st. Impressions? Some saying too much forehead. They say just right.
View attachment 469449

Yikes that looks horrible looks like an old woman lol

The mouth slant down looks silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back