The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ask that Total Recall be stricken from the record.

In Total Recall, Arnold's face outdoes even Jim Carrey at his most elastic. Googly eyes at the end, the removal of the tracker etc - his face was like a shiny three breasted chest for half the movie.

But... the remake proved what a great movie (as far as something like Demolition Man could be on a "great" list from the early 90s) the original was.

Seems I'm in the minority here... I actually enjoyed this. Of all the Terminator films after T2, I think this was the best. It wasn't a great movie, but it was ok. I think the Rev9 was the first Terminator since the T1000 to actually feel like a credible threat.

I also like how they diverged from the original timeline. It gives the efforts of the heroes in T2 some importance IMO while moving the story forward in an unexpected (if you've avoided trailers or spoilers like I did) way.

I tried to watch the above reviewer but I couldn't get past the first 1/3. IMO he's passing his personal incredulity as criticisms. Up to that point his review was basically "I don't like this film because it wasn't what I wanted it to be about".

Seems I'm in the minority here... I actually enjoyed this. Of all the Terminator films after T2, I think this was the best. It wasn't a great movie, but it was ok. I think the Rev9 was the first Terminator since the T1000 to actually feel like a credible threat.

I also like how they diverged from the original timeline. It gives the efforts of the heroes in T2 some importance IMO while moving the story forward in an unexpected (if you've avoided trailers or spoilers like I did) way.

I tried to watch the above reviewer but I couldn't get past the first 1/3. IMO he's passing his personal incredulity as criticisms. Up to that point his review was basically "I don't like this film because it wasn't what I wanted it to be about".

I thought the movie was OK. Nothing I'd run out and buy toys over and I think I've already forgotten parts of it, but I was entertained throughout. I still have my favorite Terminator entries that I watch at least once a year and no sequel could take those away from me.

That being said either I'm getting numb, fat, old and am not stressing over things that are not relevant to my life, or the hate I see online is that people receive empowerment by being outraged and have waaay too much time on their hands. There was a Youtube video I saw that was absolutely vile and vitriolic to this utterly harmless film, I'd swore I needed to call 911 for the author to be administered an emergency hug and a box of chocolates.

People can feel free to post positive reviews if they so wish. Speaking for myself I'm not going to attack anyone for doing that or for the mere fact they enjoyed the movie. I'll just get on with giving my own opinion, preaching to the converted and enjoying the banter and the lols.

Going tonight to see a mediocre version of T2 can?t wait.

it?s Halloween i?m going dressed as either a homeless Nick Stahl or wearing a Janelle afro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm nervous about watching this because I still have the ridiculous hope that I'll enjoy it, lol. I mean part of me thinks that with that awesome and disturbing opening and Arnold and Linda in good form (for their age) and so on that it has to at least be harmlessly fun right? I mean I enjoyed the ridiculous Genysis with it's horrible Kyle Reese and cartoon helicopters, lol.

So I'm hoping that the deafening negativity coming out from early youtube reviews is just "reverse-NPC" anti-SJW syndrome out of spite for Tim Miller's misogynist comments. But I fear that it's only a fool's hope and that the film truly will suck. Having said that if I enjoy it and I'm the only one who does you guys know that I'll have no trouble admitting it. :lol

Going tonight to see a mediocre version of T2 can?t wait.

it?s Halloween i?m going dressed as either a homeless Nick Stahl or wearing a Janelle afro.

I'm off work tomorrow (no not just to see this movie, lol) so I'll catch it early afternoon. My son is still of trick-or-treating age so no movie theater for me tonight, lol.

And for that comment I will now purchase an extra ticket when I go.

Ron-Burgundy-Stare-and-Nod.gif

I am with Khev on wanting to see what they do in this movie. It doesn't have to be in canon for anybody if they choose not to let it be. I love the first 2 Terminator movies and can find some aspects of the others to be enjoyable. I don't watch them often but the first 2 I watch at least once a year.

:duff

:lol

I am with Khev on wanting to see what they do in this movie. It doesn't have to be in canon for anybody if they choose not to let it be. I love the first 2 Terminator movies and can find some aspects of the others to be enjoyable. I don't watch them often but the first 2 I watch at least once a year.

Yep. "Non-canon" can still be entertaining in its own right.

Back