The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care for John Cena, and he doesn't seem very popular as far as big budget blockbusters go. Isn't he in a lot of straight to DVD/redbox movies? I don't feel like he has the acting chops to pull it off. I think that would be going a step in the wrong direction personally.

Yeah I agree, Arnold was great in genisys, the films shortcomings had nothing to do with him.

Needing Acting chops to play a killing emotionless robot....

cool-laugh-gif-886.gif

Arnold is awesome, I think many would agree in saying that he was the best part of Genisys. Arnold is the Terminator, seeing someone else in that role just wouldn't be the same.

I would agree with that, but it was bogged down with so many plot holes and reused T2 protector formula that I'm just tired of it. Terminator can survive without Arnold in it, but they don't want to take that chance.

This is why Salvation, however horrible it was... had the balls to take the series away from the T2 formula. His ugly face cameo was enough.

I want to see them go back to the sci-fi/thriller feel of Terminator. I don't need to see Arnie smiling or cracking "Dad jokes". Just make the ****ing thing terrifying again and I'll be happy.

I feel Arnold’s performance in Genisys was on par with T2, I blame T3 on script and direction, though he should have objected to the more ridiculous things, but he was also pretty lifeless, it was like the cold T1 T-800 in a hero role, not enough humanity to him, Genisys recaptured hero T-800 like T2.

The twist with the T-850 being reprogrammed to protect young John and his wife *after he had already successfully murdered future John* was one of my favorite twists in the entire series. Too bad it was wasted on that particular film.

The terminator chick was hot

The best part of T3 was him carrying the casket

The Linda Hamilton news is certainly interesting. I agree with Maulfan that her coming back does feel like it brings more credibility - they wanted her back for Terminator 3 but she turned it down because she saw nothing worthwhile in the script. She was bang-on about that. :lol

Last edited:
The Linda Hamilton news is certainly interesting. I agree with Maulfan that her coming back does feel like it brings more credibility - they wanted her back for Terminator 3 but she turned it down because she saw nothing worthwhile in the script. She was bang-on about that. :lol

Didnt she say no just because cameron wasnt gonna be involved?

I want to see them go back to the sci-fi/thriller feel of Terminator. I don't need to see Arnie smiling or cracking "Dad jokes". Just make the ****ing thing terrifying again and I'll be happy.

^^^^^
THIS.
They went down the same comedic road with T3 and it just didn't work. At least T2 had real tension which I didn't feel while watching T3.

T3 wasn't horrible, I'm one of the few who like it mostly, but agree it did have issues. While this news is good and hopeful, I still just think that there reaches a point that no matter who you get to write/direct/star, reclaiming the glory of the originals is a waste of time. They never work.

I think going back to the sci fi/horror roots of the first movie would be a great start.

Back