The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It better have "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF DEADPOOL" all over the marketing in order to interest anyone. T2 3D was completely ignored in theaters whereas the Close Encounters re-release (sans any new gimmicks like 3D) has been going strong for a few weeks now. I don't think anyone (meaning audiences in general) even cares about *good* Terminator movies any more. I think it's time they laid the entire concept to rest.

But her character is dead.

Oh it's other 'forget the previous sequels' sequel.

It just struck me... Sarah killed both T-800 by pressing the button...

HOLY ****, why didn't I realize this simple fact before? I love these ****ing films!!!

Another thing to realize is John Connor in T2 is not the John Connor that sent Reese back in time. Different father = different character. The original John became a leader while the new one is self proclaimed. Prolly why Salvation John was so unlikable.

Nah, that's the first thing I thought about after watchin' T1 and T2 back to back for the first time when I was a teen.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/linda-hamilton-set-return-terminator-franchise-1040948

Cameron and Miller created a writers room.. ..Josh Friedman, who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles.. ..were part of that room.

Smart, smart, smart move. I did mentioned way back that he might get the job since he's working with Cameron on Avatar 2. Josh Friedman is the only person on Earth who knows where to take the franchise more than Cameron. Just fire everyone else already. :lol

Cameron is producing along with Skydance. And the new film, which will be distributed by Paramount with Fox handling it internationally, is based on a story crafted by Cameron. Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy that can stand as single movies or form an overarching story. David Goyer, whose credits include the Blade and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies; Charles Eglee, who created Dark Angel with Cameron; Josh Friedman, who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Justin Rhodes, a frequent Goyer collaborator, were part of that room.

But the new movie will also be seen as a passing of the baton to a new generation of characters.

"We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story," Cameron said. "We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters, but we'll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it."

But he will be overwhelmed by the crap trinity of David Goyer, Charles Eglee and Justin Rhodes.
Mark my words.

Yup, you can tell by Friedman being the last person credited. I don't think Cameron is aware just who he has on staff. :lol

Cameron: "Say Friedman, didn't you created that Terminator funny book or something?"

Friedman "Sir, it was the TV show, The Sa.."

Cameron: "Whatever, you wanna work on the new movie?"

Friedman: "Do I?! It would be an hono.."

Cameron: "You'rer hired! Now bring tea for Mr Goyer here."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/linda-hamilton-set-return-terminator-franchise-1040948

Smart, smart, smart move. I did mentioned way back that he might get the job since he's working with Cameron on Avatar 2. Josh Friedman is the only person on Earth who knows where to take the franchise more than Cameron. Just fire everyone else already. :lol

I really hope he just turns everything over to Friedman. I'd love to see Lena Headey back as Sarah since Game of Thrones is ending. :rock So much potential for a great revitalization of the franchise, but it'll probably end up having a poorly constructed story and **** actors.

I really hope he just turns everything over to Friedman. I'd love to see Lena Headey back as Sarah since Game of Thrones is ending. :rock So much potential for a great revitalization of the franchise, but it'll probably end up having a poorly constructed story and **** actors.

Maybe the film could take place after T2/TSCC where Weaver's plan didn't work out, but new cyborgs are still sent back and John is of course missing. You can easily have Arnold play a human character and Lena Headey as Sarah Connor back in action.

Maybe the film could take place after T2/TSCC where Weaver's plan didn't work out, but new cyborgs are still sent back and John is of course missing. You can easily have Arnold play a human character and Lena Headey as Sarah Connor back in action.

They need to do something to keep it from turning into Terminator 90210. I don't mind the passing of the baton to a new group, but I don't want to see a bunch of teeny-boppers fighting Terminators. I always thought it'd be cool to see Sarah put into the "savior" role after John disappeared in TSCC. You'd get to see her leading humans against the machines after Judgement Day, John finding out his mom did what he was supposed to do, then Sarah ending up having to send John back in time to get everything back to how it's supposed to be. The only problem with that, though, is that Sarah would probably end up taking care of everything better than John. :lol

The only problem with that, though, is that Sarah would probably end up taking care of everything better than John. :lol
It's a bummer that they didn't continue TSCC.
I'd be cool to see old future Sarah interact with young John.

In my mind, despite havin' John Henry helpin' human resistence, things turned out worse than they expected so Sarah, Cameron and the rest would be forced to make John the leader somehow, plus he'd create Tech-Com from scratch. I'd have loved to see a series based on that.

It's a bummer that they didn't continue the series.
I'd be cool to see old future Sarah interact with young John.

In my mind, despite havin' John Henry helpin' human resistence, things turned out worse than they expected so Sarah, Cameron and the rest would be forced to make John the leader somehow, plus he'd create Tech-Com from scratch. I'd have loved to see a series based on that.

I'm almost finished with watching the first season again, and getting into it again is always bittersweet. I love the series, but I hate that the story stops when it introduced a great new storyline. It would have been interesting to see John (more than likely) work his way up to being the leader of the resistance instead of being the leader from the outset.

Friedman always said that he will never reveal what would happen in Season 3, unless he's given the green light to continue it. Even if Terminator 6 sucks, I'd be grateful if it could be revisited in any form whatsoever now that he's officially working with the franchise again.

I don't recall much, but I remember someone saying Savannah would grow up and detest the machines after what Weaver did to her mother, while John was more partial to them.

There's a reason the Sarah Connor chronicles was canceled, it was awful. To think that the sixth movie in a franchise should connect to a garbage failed show based on said franchise is a horrible idea. No thanks. I'll take an old Linda Hamilton any day over that nonsense.

Back