The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I responded in Spanish by saying, "Just like you heard"...then, I called you Enrique as way to tie everything together to Terminator somehow to salvage what was now a weird and confusing post. It was a lame, poorly executed reference, but I thought in a way it perfectly fit this movie and thread.:)

hpMgOP2.gif

Idk. The footage from comic con looks bad ass. So does Linda. Holy ****.

“You metal mother%!#”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were to guess, looking at what we can see of that scene, she's probably talking to Arnie rather than the bad-guy Terminator.

I think the footage looks ok, but as always: a trailer doesn´t make a movie, same as an SDCC panel and ESPECIALLY the same, with Schwarzenegger and Cameron endorsing the movie...cause that´s what happened with Genisys and we all know how that played out.

But aside all of that skepticism, what actually has me hooked a bit now, is Furlong being back and the last pictures we saw and reports we heard were that he´s in great shape and I actually see him dying early being a ruse, to have him officially dead and then they split up, undercover, but we´ll see.

In terms of him being a drug addict and all: Drew Barrymore wasn´t a saint herself and no one talks about that anymore. Given, she´s had success, but it´s pretty much the same.

I think if anyone is actually expecting Eddie furlong to have a substantial role in this is going to be severely disappointed. :lol

Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

That SDCC featurette was ridiculous.

It was all about who could curse more to make the movie seem more edgy.

T1/T2 didn’t need to rely on such gimmicks and they were B movies.

Tim Miller said:

“The DNA of Terminator is an R-rated *****kin' movie,"

sigh

Cameron was just blabbering gibberish.

And what homeless shelter did they dig Furlong out from?

Pure cringe. :lol

"I hunt machines you metal motha foookkkah" with her raspy cigarette smoking old lady voice.

There is yet a part of me that hopes it will be good.

I already know it's not the Terminator film I think they should have made but I'm trying to dabble in the idea of it somehow being a good flick anyway, that maybe it'll justify some of the horrible-sounding decisions they've made.

We'll find out in November. I'm surprised it's that long away actually.

The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Did you see Cameron just vomiting words it was embarrassing to watch the guy is worse than even the studio system now.

There is yet a part of me that hopes it will be good.

I already know it's not the Terminator film I think they should have made but I'm trying to dabble in the idea of it somehow being a good flick anyway, that maybe it'll justify some of the horrible-sounding decisions they've made.

We'll find out in November. I'm surprised it's that long away actually.

I hopes its awesome too. It's definitely a step in the right direction. Bringing Linda back, R rating etc.

I know you guys love Terminator. But does anyone here believe in their heart of hearts that there's any POSSIBLE way this will turn out to be good? We've seen the trailers and stills and read multiple plot synopses that all confirm that this is a fresh dog dook, laying out and baking in the sun on the sidewalk,

MAYBE....just maybe, there'll be one LINE or one 15 second segment that might make you crack half a smile. But this movie will bring NO joy to any REAL fans of Terminator. Why does this refuse even exist???

I'm an AKIRA fanatic. For the last ten years, Hollywood has threatened to make a big budget Americanized version with everyone from Keanu Reeves, Leonardo DiCaprio, Garrett Hedlund, and even Kristen ****ing Stewart. Not to mention the revolving door of directors, from the Hughes Brothers to some French guy to Jordan Peele and most recently that NZ guy Taiki. And thank the stars above it gets shut down everytime. Obviosuly I'll never see it even if i did get made, but the taint of it...the stink of it....would be on the brand forever and cast its shadow on Otomo's masterpiece. "Neo-Manhattan" my ass. 35 year old white guys playing 15 year old Japanese motorcycle punks. Ugh.

Anyway, just saying....if you love Terminator, just avoid this garbage like the plague and stop giving them a bloody cent. Go watch the extended T2 again....it's a nearly perfect film and always will be.

There's already been 3 crap Terminator films since T2 and it doesn't put any stink on the first two films, they're as classic to me now as they've ever been. So I'm not worried that one more crap film is going to do any harm.

I expect I'll be filing this alongside ROTM, Salvation & Genisys as non-canon. I consider Genisys enjoyable fan fiction (at least as of the last time I watched it) so Dark Fate has a chance of at least managing that. :dunno

We certainly don't need it, I don't ask for more Terminator films but since they're going ahead and making them anyway I'm watching them because **** it, basically.

The way he mentions Eddie Furlong coming back at 3:52 is so casual and incidental, without even waiting for a crowd reaction. That alone says it's not much of a role.

The way he mentions Eddie Furlong coming back at 3:52 is so casual and incidental, without even waiting for a crowd reaction. That alone says it's not much of a role.

Definitely a small role - a cameo perhaps. What stinks is the reveal of Edward Furlong if you think about it. The news of him coming back would get people excited to see the movie and leave disappointed that we didn't see enough of him. Better if they had not mentioned it and have it be a pleasant surprise during the movie.

They don't want people to be surprised. They want to play on that nostalgia and get as many people there opening night before word of mouth can deter people. By being very vague about how big a part Furlong plays they lead people to believe/hope he has a prominent role (which is exactly how most media outlets are reporting it), thereby pulling in more people that want to see the return of a "classic" character/actor. Furlong is in the movie on a technicality. He apparently did some facial mocap to capture his mannerisms for the CGI facial replacement on Jude Collie.

Furlong is in this movie about as much as Arnie was in Terminator Salvation or Peter Cushing was in Rogue One. I don't really think a CGI likeness cameo counts.

A better cameo might have been the return of adult T2 prologue John Connor. Despite being 28 years older I suspect that he's still in better shape than Edward Furlong, lol.

Back