The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Godzilla looks more dramatic than a Cameron produced Terminator movie you know we’re in trouble.

“From the director of Deadpool” as if that’s supposed to give me confidence lol

I remember watching T2 opening night thinking “man this reminds me of that Deadpool comicbook”

They should have just left the terminator alone. Enough is enough. How many times are we going to have to go through this stuff again?

I'm actually kind of relieved to find that everyone else feels the same way. That trailer did nothing for me, and my expectations are already extremely low. This looks about as generic as it could possibly be. None of that brought me any excitement whatsoever.

That looks absolutely atrocious.

Looks like Agents of Shield meets Fast Furious.

Mission Impossible should not be insulted being compared to this.

The weightless flips.

The hammer strike sending the bad Terminator flipping like he’s a break dancer.

The cgi closeups yikes.

Sarah Connor now a Terminator herself with zero fear facing a new T-1000 knowing very well what they’re capable of.

Yes she will regret coming back to this.

Agree with everything except the last line, assuming "she" refers to Linda Hamilton. This will likely result in her biggest paycheck since T2 (or maybe Dante's Peak? :lol). Even if this completely bombs, I don't see her regretting her decision.

The new guy playing the evil terminator doesn't look menacing at all. Sarah Connor stepping out of the car was straight of Genesis, when old Arnold does the same. The planes crashing reminds me of the helicopter scene in Genesis...and it all looks like bad cgi, as opposed to the real helicopter in T2. The new female hybrid is basically the same character from Salvation. Also the trailer music sucks. It's a greatest hits of the franchise, including old Arnold, chick beating up cops, bridge sequence, Mexico setting, staying in motels for "character development", liquid terminator, regular terminator, big truck chase and pickup truck, and protecting new young Sarah 2.0 because she's the key to save the future now? I guess John Connor no longer matters? Let the franchise die already.

Re: The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

When Godzilla looks more dramatic than a Cameron produced Terminator movie you know we’re in trouble.

“From the director of Deadpool” as if that’s supposed to give me confidence lol

I remember watching T2 opening night thinking “man this reminds me of that Deadpool comicbook”
The Godzilla movie looks crazy good though. Even my 10 year old daughter, who couldn't care less about Godzilla, is asking to go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I knew we were in trouble when Cameron said in an interview a while back that being a "producer relinquishes him of being fully responsible" If the movie were to suck lol.

That was incredibly disappointing. Weak weak trailer. Everything looks like the mix of the same old, same old. Bad effects (Which can be improved.), over the top actions. The hole thing was just unimaginative and bland. I don't have a hope for this at all. Tim Miller had one movie...which is a generic Deadpool. Not a bad movie, but nothing special. It is not Terminator level at all. Cameron has not much to do with this...meh. Beating the good old dead horse...at least it looks like it, judging by the trailer. There is just no suspense, atmosphere...nothing really. The trailer almost makes Genisys looks good in comparison.

I was entertained by Genisys. It wasn't anything special but I didn't hate it or anything. DARK times for Terminator fans. :lol

I knew we were in trouble when Cameron said in an interview a while back that being a "producer relinquishes him of being fully responsible" If the movie were to suck lol.

He never said that about Alita. I think his heart just isn't in Terminator any more. Nothing about that trailer suggested that it was a labor of love or anything more than a by the numbers cash grab now that he finally has the rights back.

Back