The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does raise a question of what the trailer groups cutting these aids are aiming at with some trailers these days. For example, the Godzilla marketing seems aimed at half-brains who laugh at 5th grade playground level jokes, despite all feedback from those seeing the full movie that it's not like that in tone at all.

Instead of selling the best qualities of a movie now, it seems like there's just attempts to almost bait and switch viewers making the movie seem like something it isn't.

For all we know, this may very well feel like a fitting sequel when we finally see it, but look what the ads already doing, it's making us think Fast and Furious and that's probably the point, make fans of those movies who may stick their nose up at T1 or T2 go flocking to theaters and piss away their money to see this movie.

My prediction is a decent opening weekend and tank over subsequent weeks after the word is out.

He never said that about Alita. I think his heart just isn't in Terminator any more. Nothing about that trailer suggested that it was a labor of love or anything more than a by the numbers cash grab now that he finally has the rights back.

That was actually during an interview for Alita. They asked him about his producing role and directed the question torwards dark fate and that was his response. He was probably confident of Alita though.

I enjoyed Salvation and Genisys for what they were, though I don't consider either of them canon. Guess I'll tune into this one for Hamilton.

For all we know, this may very well feel like a fitting sequel when we finally see it, but look what the ads already doing, it's making us think Fast and Furious and that's probably the point, make fans of those movies who may stick their nose up at T1 or T2 go flocking to theaters and piss away their money to see this movie.

I didn't get an F&F vibe from this, personally. The song is too low energy for a Termiantor movie, but the combat and minimal chase scenes give me a bit of a T2 vibe (albeit with a sepia filter instead of a blue one, which I'm cool with).

How the hell did Cameron write those scenes with a straight face? The girl hitting the Terminator with the metal rod looked like the same setting that Bale fought the T-800 in Salvation. The non-white Terminator climbing through the windshield and morphing onto the hood? Um just saw a non-white Terminator climbing the through the windshield and morphing onto the hood in Genysis, lol.

Oooh but this time it's SARAH CONNOR who saves them at the last minute! Um Emilia Clarke showed us that too, lol. Are they really giving us the *exact* same movie as all the bad sequels? Is this a joke? *looks around for hidden cameras* lol

That was actually during an interview for Alita. They asked him about his producing role and directed the question torwards dark fate and that was his response. He was probably confident of Alita though.

Oh man, lol.

"So as producer to my beloved Alita adaptation I got to work hand in hand with Robert Rodriguez every step of the way to ensure that our collaboration resulted in the best possible movie."

"And you're working on a new Terminator as well?"

"Uh yeah but since I'm just a producer don't blame me if it sucks."

:lol

How the hell did Cameron write those scenes with a straight face? The girl hitting the Terminator with the metal rod looked like the same setting that Bale fought the T-800 in Salvation. The non-white Terminator climbing through the windshield and morphing onto the hood? Um just saw a non-white Terminator climbing the through the windshield and morphing onto the hood in Genysis, lol.

Oooh but this time it's SARAH CONNOR who saves them at the last minute! Um Emilia Clarke showed us that too, lol. Are they really giving us the *exact* same movie as all the bad sequels? Is this a joke? *looks around for hidden cameras* lol

:lol :lol Yeah it's crazy how so much of this seems to be recycled. Not just the plot or characters, but even action sequences.

Oh man, lol.

"So as producer to my beloved Alita adaptation I got to work hand in hand with Robert Rodriguez every step of the way to ensure that our collaboration resulted in the best possible movie."

"And you're working on a new Terminator as well?"

"Uh yeah but since I'm just a producer don't blame me if it sucks."

:lol

:rotfl :lol

For a movie meant to make us forget about the other sequels they certainly did a good job recycling all those beats lol

Remember Anakin’s nightmare in ROTS well that will be a-dev tonight lol

I like how Tim Miller hyped up this trailer like he genuinely thought it looked good or would garner any sort of excitement. "I can't wait to release this F'er into the wild." :rotfl

Zero confidence this will be good. Certainly has a Netflix vibe going for it.

a-dev to JAWS :lol

hEmsMwL.gif

Back