Thats it...I've had it.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
money_shot_hotdog.gif

While I also dislike SS's high prices, I definately wouldn't whine like this, especially on a Sideshow specific board. Guy needs to stop crying and lower his standards.

Ummm...this is not a discount hobby.
If Sideshow is a little out of your range I would suggest sticking to McFarlane toys from Wal-Mart.

First off I don't go telling people what I spend on my collection, and second if any of my friends or my wife's friends think my collection is a waste of time, they can piss off. I collect for me, not to please others.

Yes from time to time a piece here or there would be nice if it was $20-$30 cheaper, but the cost is what the cost is. They have to pay for licenses, sculpting, art direction, casting, manufacturing, QC, shipping overseas, then domestic shipping.

It's a hobby that is not structured for everyone, and it's never going to be an "EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF TODAY" kind of company.

While I also dislike SS's high prices, I definately wouldn't whine like this, especially on a Sideshow specific board. Guy needs to stop crying and lower his standards.

High End stuff always costs more than the lower end stuff. Never understood that concept being hard to understand. :dunno

No one's forcing anyone to buy anything from anyone. There are plenty of places to buy Sideshow stuff cheaper from somewhere else. Does it really take someone to tell you that? People will still tell you you paid too much whether you get a discount or not.

Is there an official rule within the forum where members can't submit posts about how/why they believe/feel Sideshow is too expensive, they're quality is lacking for the price, they're not collector friendly, and they're going to complain, stop supporting them, urge others to do so, etc.?

Wait a minute . . .

Looks @ other posts/threads throughout other sections of the forum . . .

EH . . .

UH . . .

Never mind.

:lol

;)

Dude,

may I make a suggestion.

Collect bottle caps, it's stress free (aka cheap) and fun.

You can even build up your own bottle cap PF, all it takes is some crazy glue and cloth.

Hell, just paint the bottle caps green and purple and walla.....you got your own unique bottle cap commiquette Hulk at your disposal (although the only hairstyle one can truly accomplish with a bottle cap is the bottle cap crew cut....oh no, not again..:slap)

See, no need to throw a hissy fit. :nono

Last edited:
It's not SS's fault you can't afford the hobby. Either change your hobby or get new family and friends. Muppet :slap

You can always get your collectibles elsewhere for cheaper. Like in a little box with some McNuggets. I suggest you give that a try. Or just hire a group of people to design, sculpt, paint, package and ship a custom piece for you and let me know what that costs.

If you ever find yourself discussing this hobby with someone who doesn't collect, always mention how much you're going to eventually sell it for. Then tell them about your importing/exporting business with Art Vandalay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back