Thats it...I've had it.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mikecollectorhasnofrien.png

:rotfl

Best post!

Agree!
:exactly::exactly:

Mike the collector I feel what you are saying and hopefully starting tonight there will be some nice stuff on sale Im hopeing one of them will be the sabertooth pf. Hope everyone on here has a happy thanksgiving.

^^ :lol See, that's where things get complicated. You have to be a smart collector to get the good deals. You can't always rely on others to drop their prices for you. You don't always have to use your money btw, you can buy something inexpensive or in your price range, flip it, and use the proceeds from that to buy what you need or want to get started. I put over $600 into my Jack Nicholson Joker figure alone, it wasn't easy at first acquiring all the parts, but I never stopped to think "Wow, that's ridiculous, I could buy an HDTV with the money I spent on this", no, I never did, because the Joker figure meant so much to me, it was something I always wanted and I still cherish it, it remains a true collectible in my mind. So once again, you can't expect someone to drop prices around the Holidays just because the local retailers are dropping their prices (for items that run by the hundreds, btw) in this case, some of these figures are 1-of-a-kind.

Thread rated...
crying%20baby.jpg

Yeah, Sideshow didn't just give away 30-40k worth of stuff just last month.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that doesn't count. That all went to Rosario and icruise.
I won a HT Michael Jackson Thriller that I sold and used the money to pay for a HT Resident Evil Jill! :yess:

I can understand people complaining about Sideshow's QC issues and some of their product choice, but complaining because you can't afford it or because people make fun of your hobby makes you sound like a goober.

Mike,

If you think these collectibles are made out of crappy materials.
Then don't buy.

If you think these collectibles are to over priced.
Then don't buy.

If care so much what others think of your collection.
Then don't buy.

I consider this a hobby. Mine and nobody else's.

I won a HT Michael Jackson Thriller that I sold and used the money to pay for a HT Resident Evil Jill! :yess:

I can understand people complaining about Sideshow's QC issues and some of their product choice, but complaining because you can't afford it or because people make fun of your hobby makes you sound like a goober.

*uses Jedi mind trick* You will give me your Jill... now. :p

I hear ya. Most of these newbs pop over from the Spawn boards (or after getting booted from other forums like Hunter's Lair), thinking they can hang and are "experts" on what real collectibles are, only to go into sticker shock and instantly start bashing every single high-end company in an effort to justify their kiddie collectibles and weekly allowance-based budgetary constraints.

Come on guys its the holidays lets just all try to get along Im sure hes not a bad guy just frustrated and wanted to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back