Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I remember seeing it for the first time and clearly realizing that I was supposed to think that Robert Patrick was the good guy, but like you said, the marketing made it obvious ahead of time that Arnie was going to be the hero. I can't imagine what possessed them to ruin what would've been the best twist since Vader being Luke's dad.

It put butts in the seats but at the price of the storytelling. I had a teacher at UCLA who was adamant that movies should be written keeping in mind that any clever twists like that will be used in the ad campaign or spoiled by word of mouth so make sure the story doesn't fall flat when it happens. Cameron, of course, didn't go to film school.

What was really fun was that my wife had never seen either of the Terminator movies, and as soon as I found that out, we watched the first two on video. She had no idea that Arnold was the good guy in the second one, and it was a lot of fun to see her experience it unspoiled.

I've often wondered how people would react to it. I wanted to try that with my girlfriend but she had seen the commercials so much that when we saw the first 15 minutes of the first film on TV, she thought Arnold was also the good guy in that movie as well. :lol

Wow, has this series lost everyone's interest this fast? It's been more than two days and no one's talked about the last episode (#4). :monkey2

Wow, has this series lost everyone's interest this fast? It's been more than two days and no one's talked about the last episode (#4). :monkey2

I am still watching. I like it so far. It's not "great" yet, but it's solid enough to keep me watching. There are very few network show I actually watch, but this is one of them.

Foe some reason Lena Headey as Sarah Conner gets hotter to me each episode. Toss in Summer Glau and to me that's a winner. Who cares about writing and character development? :lol

I almost can't watch it anymore. Ep 2 was good but 1 of out 4 don't cut it.

I also can't buy Lena as Sarah, I tried but I think Sarah was miscast.

She just bugs the hell out of me now.

I do think the kid and Summer are fine, but the writing is meh, storywise.

I've regained a little faith in this board since reading this thread.

I was shocked by all of the praise this steaming pile of crap show accumulated after it's premiere, but I'm glad to see it's finally worn thin on everyone.

Way to be, Freaks.

I almost can't watch it anymore. Ep 2 was good but 1 of out 4 don't cut it.

I also can't buy Lena as Sarah, I tried but I think Sarah was miscast.

She just bugs the hell out of me now.

I do think the kid and Summer are fine, but the writing is meh, storywise.

Same here... She's hot and all.. but she can't do this role. And the writing is HORRENDOUS. It's really a travesty and contrary to everything that made the films great.

I think its fun. It won't be winning any awards but its a good way to kill an hour... much better than some reality crap show.

It reminds me of The Bionic Woman...I was willing to give it a shot for a few weeks, but now I think I'm done.

And I agree with pjam about Lena Headey being miscast as Sarah. She just seems too annoying.

If John would whine less I think the show would be better... but every f'n week he's pissing on about something. And then the other characters have to engage in sucky dialog to placate him :lol

It not a very good show, but I'm still trudging along. Although I seriously doubt it will ever really improve much.

But, its still probably better than the new Knight Rider series will be :monkey4

That punk kid is killing it for me. It's still better than season 2 Heroes but that's really not saying very much.

they should just give summer glau's charactor the worst imaginable one liners in history to say each time she gets into a fight with a terminator. i think that would spice things up a little.

Back