Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i DVR a lot of stuff too. i work a lot of afternoon shifts. hopefully they track how many times people watch this show on hulu and on the FOX site cuz i hear it's a lot. i think i heard the all cameron episode from last week set a new record for downloads of this show.

I am guilty if this as well. I DVR nearly everything.

So am I but then as I understand it I don't count anyway, being a foreign viewer. Actually I haven't even bought season 1 on dvd yet - if I ever buy dvds its when I'm out toy hunting and I haven't done that in months.

By the way I like your avatar Craw. That scene holds great nostalgia for me. I was always amazed how convincing that was when he ripped off the flesh on his arm to show dyson his endoskeleton.

you'd think that ratings wouldnt matter that much now that fox is trying the new limited commercials approach. it looks like shows will only have one sponser.

i just read that FOX ordered episodes 14 and 15 to be written. looks like good news since only 13 episodes were originally ordered and we're still hoping for FOX to order the last 9 episodes to make it a full season.

i just read that FOX ordered episodes 14 and 15 to be written. looks like good news since only 13 episodes were originally ordered and we're still hoping for FOX to order the last 9 episodes to make it a full season.

That's great news, thanks Craw!:banana

I'm sad there is no new episode this week, but it just pumps me up more for the new episode on the 20th.:rock

That's great news, thanks Craw!:banana

I'm sad there is no new episode this week, but it just pumps me up more for the new episode on the 20th.:rock
keep in mind that FOX just gave them the go ahead to write 2 more episodes. that doesnt neccessarily mean they will be produced.

********* I forgot there'd be no new episode this week. You americans and your feckin' hiatuses!!!!
gotta have baseball, man.:rock

Hehe, is the schedule the same over there in the UK?

No not usually, ours don't start airing until all episodes are available to show week in week out...but erm..I'm sort of a bold boy and download them the day after they've aired over in the US...so your baseball hiatuses are also my hiatuses despite my total lack of interest in baseball.

Don't have to worry about it being cancelled this year anymore!

https://www.thrfeed.com/2008/10/fox-picks-up-te.html

Fox picks up 'Terminator' for full season

In a somewhat surprising move, Fox has picked up "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" for a full season.

The network has ordered the back nine episodes of the show's second season from Warner Bros., sources say.

The sci-fi series has garnered a relatively modest rating on Monday nights this fall. Its most recent episode was seen by 5.7 million viewers, with a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating and a 6 share, tying NBC's "Chuck" in the 8 p.m. time period.

Will get some clarity on this on Monday, but there's a few reasons why Fox might have moved forward with an order.

The network recently ordered two scripts of the show, so perhaps the stories came in strong. Midseason sci-fi drama "Dollhouse" might be another factor -- Fox's previously announced winter schedule pairs "Dollhouse" and "24" on Mondays and "American Idol" and "Fringe" on Tuesdays, without "Terminator" listed. So perhaps the network has a new scheduling configuration in mind to support its sci-fi efforts.

Yet another potential factor is that "Dollhouse" has had some creative struggles. Sources say the newer scripts are stronger than the first batch, but if there's any chance of the show being delayed Fox might have decided to keep "Terminator" in the mix.

One of the most likely reasons for a pickup, however, is simply that Fox executives like this show. They feel it is creatively strong. The network's overall viewership levels jet up after the first of the year powered by "American Idol." They likely believe the series has a chance to improve.

So this means it's time to update it's the network series survival guide.

Awesome!!! I've seriously never been so happy about a show being not cancelled. Fox actually does something good for a change! :chew

Well, Nielsen also monitors DVR playback so they might also use that in the final rating numbers but not the overnight numbers.

Las Vegas, NV, February 14, 2008 - Playback from Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) is increasing the amount of time people spend watching television, according to new data from The Nielsen Company. In comparing total television usage (Live viewing plus DVR playback) for persons 18-49 in November, 2007 to total television usage in November, 2005 (before Nielsen measured DVR homes and penetration was very low) Nielsen found that viewing had increased slightly throughout the day, and was three percent higher at 9:00 p.m. and five percent higher between 11:00 p.m. and midnight.

Back