Terminator (1984) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as far as the turned head goes, this is probably how it went down....

- Lets do the walking with shotgun pose
- ok cool, but you dont really get to see the gun from that angle cause if he's facing forward the gun is pointing at you. And overall you get to see a more dynamic Arnold from the side in that motion as well. That angle allows you to see more of the piece overall.
- well you could just turn him to the side so you can see those things
- but then he looks like he's not facing the correct way. He'll look like you turned him to the side, but he should be facing forward
- true. how bout we give him some angle but turn the head forward a little.
- so we get the better viewing angle of the piece and get a somewhat forward facing portrait to make the angle work on the shelf?
- yeah. i think thats a good idea. Lets go for it.
- ok ............................... you know theres a good chance we'll get ripped to shreds on the board right?
- yeah. But display wise, I think its the better choice. ..... ____'em

... welcome to a creative design meeting .. :monkey1

as far as the turned head goes, this is probably how it went down....

- Lets do the walking with shotgun pose
- ok cool, but you dont really get to see the gun from that angle cause if he's facing forward the gun is pointing at you. And overall you get to see a more dynamic Arnold from the side in that motion as well. That angle allows you to see more of the piece overall.
- well you could just turn him to the side so you can see those things
- but then he looks like he's not facing the correct way. He'll look like you turned him to the side, but he should be facing forward
- true. how bout we give him some angle but turn the head forward a little.
- so we get the better viewing angle of the piece and get a somewhat forward facing portrait to make the angle work on the shelf?
- yeah. i think thats a good idea. Lets go for it.
- ok ............................... you know theres a good chance we'll get ripped to shreds on the board right?
- yeah. But display wise, I think its the better choice. ..... ____'em

... welcome to a creative design meeting .. :monkey1

Well, in the end when he's GC'd and still ain't selling, who gets ____ed? :huh

Scratch that. We do. Because they'll say, "Well, seeing as how he didn't sell very well, it looks like there's not enough interest in Terminator PFs to support a line." :cuckoo:

Fellas it's called a 3/4 view... If any statue has a walking stride in it... you'll get that angle. I'm sure it'd look fine front-on or side-on.

I think you should be more worried about sideshow history of producing thin Arnold collectibles... besides Conan.

We're probably gonna get something completely different than the pose in the concept art, anyway, so I don't know if it is worth losing sleep over. The real good news here is that Hot Toys figures are almost definitely coming. This is good news. Real good news.

Well, in the end when he's GC'd and still ain't selling, who gets ____ed? :huh

Scratch that. We do. Because they'll say, "Well, seeing as how he didn't sell very well, it looks like there's not enough interest in Terminator PFs to support a line." :cuckoo:

in 15 years of designing if theres 1 thing Ive learned is "The customer is ALWAYS right ... even if theyre wrong ... theyre still right"

And if Sideshow had listened to their customers' suggestions they would have actually bought it and they would have made more.

Looking at how Sideshow has handled the T2 Arnold statues, I'm not getting my hopes up, no matter what the pose ends up being. Horrible head sculpt and skinny body trumps that, IMO.

Back