Terminator (1984) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a "concept" drawing, the AR-18 isn't supposed to look accurate; let alone anything else.

Besides, I like the fact they're running with the drawings first lately. A sketch is much easier to change and alter (or competely scrap) than a full-realized 3D proto made of polystone or plastic. SSC should almost run everything as a sketch, wait for fan reaction, and then build the proto. We'd avoid that current T2 T-800 statue mess that SSC made...

If they wanted a positive reaction then the least they could do is draw it correctly. :mwaha

I made a few modifications. Hopefully the final product turns out like this.

picture.php

Sideshow change the stance please, this has to be a classic , no funny stance

Good point. Because as we all know SSC would never produce a Terminator statue with a bad pose....

so youre saying you think SS would actually produce a toe-to-heel walking Terminator who looks like he's in the middle of a field sobriety test?

They will probably totally mess up the face sculpt again. Is Hot Toys making a T1 figure?

Wow. Again the hate of fanboys astonishes me. Not even an aicn talkbacker could compete. Is the pose a bit off? Yes, it sure is. But this is a concept pic people. Calm down.

It's rad they are going for the police station shootout, double guns, with shades. What will the EX be though? There's no battle damage at this point of the flick? Arnie's eye is ____ed up at this stage right? An EX head with no shades and a busted light up eye would be cool.

I do think a bit much has been made of a concept sketch. But best that SS knows that the pose is important to people, you can't just make something up or do some kind of crossbreed pose that combines 2 moments from the film into one. One good pose derived entirely from a real pose in the film is whats required.

Theres nothing wrong with a walking pose as long as it doesn't actually end up looking as....nancyboyish as this sketch.

Then again I don't collect PFs, why am I even posting here.

:lol That pose is funny. I'm sure it'll turn out alot better ........... i'm just pumped to finally see something T1 coming. Don't ____ this up Sideshow! :exactly:

If they keep the upper body pose and successfully make the legs look like he's walking down the halls of the station, this should look badass. Key is making the pose of every limb and his head look natural and plausible for the scenario it's suggesting, which is where the T2 statue struggles.

If they keep the upper body pose and successfully make the legs look like he's walking down the halls of the station, this should look badass. Key is making the pose of every limb and his head look natural and plausible for the scenario it's suggesting, which is where the T2 statue struggles.

Better yet if Sideshow just treats this like a Star Wars piece we should all be fine. I want this ef'n piece to be PERFECT!

Sideshow! Heres a chance to redeem yourselves!

I was referring to their attention to detail when it comes to their cash cow SW. The pose will be fixed, if not they need to fire an assload of incompetent people.

Watching teh video, I really liked the way they described the new T-800 maquette....I just wished they would have had him looking forward like they described and showed in the sketch images. What the hell is he supposed to be looking at with the pose they ended up giving us?

Back