Terminator (1984) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a screen capture:

T-800PF.jpg

That really was a good catch. Confirmed!

I just paid a visit to Sideshow to drop off a project and I got to look around a bit. I was blown away to see the finished PF sitting there on a shelf. OMG, it looks so good! The likeness was amazingly well done by one of Sideshow's best sculptors, the pose is PERFECT, so stop worrying about that as of now, and it is 100% 1984 Mr. Universe Arnold Terminator.

I was wondering if I would end up passing on this piece in favor of the anticipated 1/6 version by Hot Toys (just speculation; not confirming anything) to go with the rest of the 1/6 Terminators (and to save a little money), but there is no way I'm passing on this sumbizitch! This thing is gorgeous. This PF is to T1 as the part 3 Jason PF is to Friday the 13th. My two fave franchises, and Sideshow delivered the ultimate collectibles for both.:clap I am absolutely amazed by the quality and magnitude of many of the things I saw today, and this thing is one of them.

Since I can hear you all thinking the next obvious question:
No, I don't know when it will be officially revealed, but the wait is going to kill me.

Well Surfer, you've sold me. I'm about 90% sure I'll buy this after your words of praise :rock

This ain't an either/or proposition, though. Hot Toys version is gonna be a must buy.

If the likeness is as good as silentsurfer is saying, then I'd definitely be down for this. This and the PF's for movie Thor and Caps have been on my radar for this year. Here is hoping they live up to expectations. T1 ftw!

My only question is, do the legs have a more natural and "tough" look to them, from the waist down in the concept sketch, the posing just doesn't feel right for a Terminator.

terminator.jpg

My only question is, do the legs have a more natural and "tough" look to them, from the waist down in the concept sketch, the posing just doesn't feel right for a Terminator.

The sketch is history. Just draw the rest of this image in your mind, and you're there now.
vlcsnap-2011-01-20-01h57m53s177.png

What about the base SilentSurfer?
My main question is about it's height actually. Similar to T2 T-800 PF or not? I believe a lot of folks here are planning to display them on one shelf so that's pretty important.

So close but so far :lol
Thanks anyway man. Many hopes on this piece. Will be buying it anyway though since T1 is my favourite movie :monkey2
Waiting should not be too long now.

The sketch is history. Just draw the rest of this image in your mind, and you're there now.

Good to know. I think sometimes, character gets lost in planning of poses with statues and while the final result may look believable and realistic, it doesn't always suit who's doing it. The sketch pose isn't necessarily bad, it's just not right for the Terminator.

Back