Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clothes are really good, but proportions & likeness aren't perfect. This dude done some fantastic job on the likeness but it's still too T3-ish.

Hate to derail this thread but...

arnold_fingner.jpg

comp.jpg

My sculpt isn't 100% perfect but sorry I don't see a senior citizen Arnie in my sculpt anymore.

-Joe

Bro, are you sure you know what you are talking about. T3ish, how? Face is filled, with younger looking features, how is that t3 ish? Please elaborate, im dying to know this. Have you seen the T3 Arnold Scan bust up close?
Yes. I've seen it close. Just to make that clear - I'm talking about original T3 3d-scan bust that was made by Gentle Giant. And again, godaiking done some fantastic job with additional sculpting over original, no questions, but there is still flaws & its in 1/1 scale (comparison with 1/4 scale statue is not correct IMO). It's clearly not perfect.
I bet we must wait for Howard S 1/1 scale bust for a perfect T1 likeness in 1/1 scale (he is currently working on a battle-damaged '84 version).
My sculpt isn't 100% perfect but sorry I don't see a senior citizen Arnie in my sculpt anymore.

-Joe
Agree with you my friend. But it's another context. My post was about the idea that it's great, but still not 100% perfect, like Hellz Manik stated. There IS a '84 Arnold presence & it's fantastic bust overall, but there is still some T3 features also. Same can be seen in your first picture.

Last edited:
After reading lots and lots of complaints, now that we have pre ordered, it all sounds like this.....

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

:ignore: :blah :pow :gah:

:lol :lol

When I read all the complaints all I hear is this...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKURyM0DyU"]YouTube - the retarded song :)[/ame]

Honestly, I think in person you'd feel different. As a die-hard fan this is a must imo. Saying (not you) it looks nothing like T1 Arnie is ridiculous. I remember when the T2 PF debuted I was pissed about the build of his body. All that changed once in hand. They're just subpar pics at the end of the day.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I bet we must wait for Howard S 1/1 scale bust for a perfect T1 likeness in 1/1 scale (he is currently working on a battle-damaged '84 version).

Erm, to correct you on this part, H. Senft already sculpted T1 Arnold long time ago (eye surgery scene). Right now, he's working on the last stage battle damage sculpt!

And Joe did amazing work on his lifesize build..only thing I'd change on his bust would be the EndoEye, I'd go a bit different route, but that would possibly be wasted energy/time, as eyes are covered with Gargyoles anyways.....

:exactly: :goodpost:

Got my order in for the Ex :yess: now the long wait until release.

Exactly, the loooooooooooooooooooooooooong ass wait :( Just PLEASE don't release similar to Jason 3.

Hate to derail this thread but...

arnold_fingner.jpg

comp.jpg

-Joe

For the record i'd take this over ANYTHING else T1 related ............ in a hearbeat. You did a sick job capturing that moment in T1. Bravo! :clap

Still I always laugh when I see the "Ima friend of Sarah Conna" scene. You can clearly see his left eye through the glasses. :lol

And yet I really like the expression on this sculpt, very similar to Arnie's from the first movie.
Unfortunately I'm using a few shots from the net so there is only a punk for comparison, sry

ss.jpg

It's just the sculpt overaly... something wrong...
I must see it in person before making further conclusions :lol

I'm pretty happy with the face sculpt, and I love the pose. I think it's the hair, and specifically the hairline that is throwing it off. It's all too symmetrical. The hairline is just too abrupt. Of course they won't change it. They refused to change Neytiri's, and it is absolutely terrible.

Sideshow has always had their own stylized twist on what they release. Its realistic and its not. Its accurate and its not. Nothings changed over the years they've produced PF's. This is just their style imo. You either like it or you don't.

I agree with computerfly, they won't change a thing. There really is no need for nitpicking anymore. What you see is what you'll get. That I can guarantee you.

I love it.

Well until sales steadily underperform for many products, Sideshow isn't going to tweak every product people complain about, they'll stand behind their work and say take it or leave it.

Given that Sideshow products have a style, I admire them standing behind it, it's easy for artists to say fine, I'll do what you want, it takes strength to say, this is what I feel is right, whether you like it or not.

I do find it a bit odd that they only mention the option to make sure the funds are available, not an option to cancel by a certain time and not be charged. C'mon Mikey!

In defense of Mike, he's a good guy who's always been prompt in answering my questions and being helpful in waiving some stuff. I just am not a big fan of basically buying a piece based off a prototype, knowing how things change. I was fortunate to buy all my pieces after in-hand photos, except the CC PF EX I recently pre-ordered. I just think it's a faith buy that they won't mess it up.

that's a bit extreme if you ask me, i mean unless you're ignoring the hole in the roof and you guys are eating ramen every day, there no need to be that strict about your spouse's hobby

i'm glad i don't have that problem, the only thing wife and i argue is which room to put which figure in

haha, I was being sarcastic...a bit. ;)

I called and asked them about the possibility of a light-up head and they said they were not sure yet if the head will light up or not. The rep said "we are still trying to decide." So, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

A light up eye only makes sense.

Put my order in for the EX.... The face looks great imo, especially when you start looking through all the pics. The only complaint I'll validate is the thicket of somewhat Bart Simpson hair....other than that... IT ROCKS!

Erm, to correct you on this part, H. Senft already sculpted T1 Arnold long time ago (eye surgery scene). Right now, he's working on the last stage battle damage sculpt!
I know about that one Toni :) But that one was made pretty long time ago + new "final stage" bust hes working on ATM already looks much more accurate IMO. And I believe this gonna be another dimension of quality & likeness because new version will be made out of silicone in the end.

Back to topic - likeness rocks in this case. This Sideshow PF has absolutely best Arnold '84 likeness on the scaled statues/figures mass market IMO. When it comes to scaled replicas/statues/busts & etc I can remember only one example of better or same level of quality - it's Jim Sweet bust, here is a link for this work on deviantart - https://jim-sweet.deviantart.com/gallery/1937053
But too bad, he is a freelancer, so I don't think we will ever see this sculpt as a mass product until somebody hires him for this job.
I also think that Adam (Imaresqd1) could achieve same level of likeness - incredibly talented sculptor too. But again, freelancer :(
Trevor Grove is best Sideshow sculptor when it comes to human likeness I think. He has done an incredible job with this one. I also think that he is best human-char sculptor on the market now.
Even with ugly Sideshow photos this looks fantastic. I think that people who have already decided for themselves that it's crap & etc are really wrong, because with Sideshow always better to wait for GOOD inhand pics. Not pics with flash, not pics with a focus on the wall instead of statue & etc. Good inhand pics.
Worst thing with Sideshow pics is that they are using light + super-mega-light combination, instead of light + shadows combination. It's really bad for human characters it's good for robots/mechs & etc, but horrible for humans. I'm a little bit of photographer myself so that thing always bugs me.
+ Schwarzeneggers face is a classic type that should be put on photo's with a strong shadows on his face. Not only lightning but also the shadows are very important, especially Terminator is all about that scheme.

Back