Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know about that one Toni :) But that one was made pretty long time ago + new "final stage" bust hes working on ATM already looks much more accurate IMO. And I believe this gonna be another dimension of quality & likeness because new version will be made out of silicone in the end.

Back to topic - likeness rocks in this case. This Sideshow PF has absolutely best Arnold '84 likeness on the scaled statues/figures mass market IMO. When it comes to scaled replicas/statues/busts & etc I can remember only one example of better or same level of quality - it's Jim Sweet bust, here is a link for this work on deviantart - https://jim-sweet.deviantart.com/gallery/1937053
But too bad, he is a freelancer, so I don't think we will ever see this sculpt as a mass product until somebody hires him for this job.
I also think that Adam (Imaresqd1) could achieve same level of likeness - incredibly talented sculptor too. But again, freelancer :(
Trevor Grove is best Sideshow sculptor when it comes to human likeness I think. He has done an incredible job with this one. I also think that he is best human-char sculptor on the market now.
Even with ugly Sideshow photos this looks fantastic. I think that people who have already decided for themselves that it's crap & etc are really wrong, because with Sideshow always better to wait for GOOD inhand pics. Not pics with flash, not pics with a focus on the wall instead of statue & etc. Good inhand pics.
Worst thing with Sideshow pics is that they are using light + super-mega-light combination, instead of light + shadows combination. It's really bad for human characters it's good for robots/mechs & etc, but horrible for humans. I'm a little bit of photographer myself so that thing always bugs me.
+ Schwarzeneggers face is a classic type that should be put on photo's with a strong shadows on his face. Not only lightning but also the shadows are very important, especially Terminator is all about that scheme.
Oh, OK then ;)
I just wasn't sure if you're aware there already is T1 bust, quite good bust, not perfect, but can make for an amazing display with a bit of an effort!
Of course, bust that H.S. is currently sculpting will be out of this world..That's actually my favorite Arnold look/damage stage out of all Terminator movies.

Also, I completely agree with you on your opinion about the sculpt likeness, Jim Sweet did amazing job on his sculpt..

Overall, you made a great post, and I agree with every word!

Are the boots sculpted? Not sure why there are so much complaints about the likeness. looks fine to me... it's is twice the size of the HT figure, is 1/6th the price of the CM piece and certainly looks every bit as movie accurate as that piece (if not more so)

And it comes with a change-o-head. I might commit myself to PO anytime soon. I like this PF

He looks like he's got a mouth full of food, and it reminds more of the guy (Brian Thompson) the Terminator killed at the start of the movie

10.%20Brian%20Thompson.jpg

So no, I don't like it

I agree. It reminds me of him, as well.

Still not sold on the likeness but the rest of it is fantastic. So I ordered one anyways since I'm a huge Terminator fan. I think the 5 O'clock shadow throws off the likeness and judging by SS paint factory, they probably won't be able to reproduce that anyways :lol ...got my confirmation e-mail of my order but it doesn't say "exclusive" on it like previous e-mails I received in the past. Can someone confirm that their e-mail doesn't say "exclusive" on it ? It just says:

ITEM(S) ORDERED:

(1) The Terminator The Terminator Premium Format Figure
Item Number: 3000681
Price: $324.99

Still not sold on the likeness but the rest of it is fantastic. So I ordered one anyways since I'm a huge Terminator fan. I think the 5 O'clock shadow throws off the likeness and judging by SS paint factory, they probably won't be able to reproduce that anyways :lol ...got my confirmation e-mail of my order but it doesn't say "exclusive" on it like previous e-mails I received in the past. Can someone confirm that their e-mail doesn't say "exclusive" on it ? It just says:

ITEM(S) ORDERED:

(1) The Terminator The Terminator Premium Format Figure
Item Number: 3000681
Price: $324.99

Yeah, quite a few folks mentioned the same thing yesterday. Mine didn't say Exclusive either, but we're good. Don't worry about it. :)

No problemo. :hi5:

I don't get it either. First time this has ever happened with an order. When you check out your order in your SS account, it won't say EXclusive either, but it does have a pic of the EX. Weird.

Ya that's what I noticed as well. I'm guessing the code is different and that's how they'll be able to tell.

I noticed that to! My order number starts with PO also. It's usually TB :confused: it's maybe because I ordered it with a person instead of online?

Im thinking the same thing :) though I did it via live chat. They must just treat that as a phone order.

I was having trouble ordering online at the time, so just went on live chat to see what the craic was. They just said they'd order it for me :)

Back