Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sansre2e.jpg

Look how those glasses do not sit on the bridge of the nose. They just seem to hover above the bridge. I bet that is what is making the forehead look small, because Trevor's clean sculpt pictures look amazing. Also the lighting underneath is not helping. You know I am completely turned around about this PF now, I think it's going to look amazing once they fix some minor things like the glasses, and I am bit embarrassed by what I posted after I first saw it.

I never noticed that Dino so hopefully they sort that out before he ships. :)

I think beceause it's an old movie there wasn't much production material to go by. though if SS managed to get their hands on the rubber model from the eye surgery scene they may have totally nailed it(they have done a decent job anyway). With modern movies there is so much more production and promotional material to go by, that's why I think HT got the T1 to look so good, they had the scans from T:S. And with motion capture getting bigger expect to see more accurate representations of people, creatures, etc.

This is purely the way I see it, I maybe wrong.

Oh and what about 3d printing, what will that bring in a few years.

HT didn't use 3D scanning for their T1, it's hand sculpted by Yulli and not without flaws either.

Look how those glasses do not sit on the bridge of the nose. They just seem to hover above the bridge.
I bet that is what is making the forehead look small, because Trevor's clean sculpt pictures look amazing. Also the lighting underneath is not helping. You know I am completely turned around about this PF now, I think it's going to look amazing once they fix some minor things like the glasses, and I am bit embarrassed by what I posted after I first saw it.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.
confused0006.gif

Good catch and reason for the forehead looking small. :D

I can't wait for the later PO today! :yess:

I knew it, it was the glasses throwing the forhead off. I hope they fix that. This PF has the potential to be epic !!!!!

Hi-res pics of unpainted headsculpt:

theterminatorbytrevsolo.jpg

"God Save the Trevor Grove!"
Just absolutely best sculptor in the industry at the moment IMO when it comes to likeness of human characters.
And this PF will be a grail soon.
Best SSC year ever. First fantastic F13 Part 3 Jason & now prefect 1984 Arnold T-800. Two favourite chars in one year. EPIC!!!
Now don't let your factories ruin all that Sideshow!

Thanks for the photoshop gbtv01, IMO i think the change is negligible and not necessary. Call me crazy but i prefer the lower hair line, because in you PS picture, it looks as if Arnold's hair is (ever-so-slightly)receeding.

The hair line is off by centimeters...literally.

Not a prob man, I was just showing if they did add a couple centimeters (and that is what it is, I totally agree). It was a issue for me BUT the sculpt is great and clearly Arnold without a second glance and the BD ver is amazing, and actually I now believe it is the angle of the photo and glasses giving such a illusion of a smaller forehead area, also those were some big ass 80's glasses :lol that he wore in the movie so that would take more facial real estate also.

sansre2e.jpg

Look how those glasses do not sit on the bridge of the nose. They just seem to hover above the bridge. I bet that is what is making the forehead look small, because Trevor's clean sculpt pictures look amazing. Also the lighting underneath is not helping. You know I am completely turned around about this PF now, I think it's going to look amazing once they fix some minor things like the glasses, and I am bit embarrassed by what I posted after I first saw it.

I think you just hit the nail on the head--that's exactly why the forehead is smaller than Trevor's sculpt pics. If they re-adjust that, the forehead will definately look correct!

Yeah, Arnold would be a great Batman. But none of the villains was able to survive in this case. Same about Robin.

Back