Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's alright to complain about anything when we pay the kind of money we pay for these statues. These aren't $10 action figures.

Constructive criticism is always good for discussion but constantly _____ing and moaning and being a general ****** about every little detail isn't.

But you haven't paid anything for this pf yet and how many times does one person have to moan about it in one thread? If i see a SSC/HT that i can't stand the look of i'll maybe post once and then just forget about it cos it's not worth my time.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Well said, bro!

I doubt seriously that the production piece looks as good as Surfer's paint job on the prototype, but fingers crossed that it won't look too much worse!

Idk, I think there's a chance we could get some really good paint on this guy just judging from how Captain Rex turned out.
To me, the actual in-hand paint on Rex looks better or at least as good as the proto from the SS gallery. I'm just hoping this PF will get the same treatment

CaptainRex_05.jpg
rexExc.jpg

Headsculpt is awesome to me, look at this :

Courtesy : Trevor Grove.
the sculpts and likeness is just pure awesomeness :rock

Don't think there is any Kurt Russell in there, though I've never said that before

the funny thing is is that the forehead doesn't look so small in those pics to me at least. Maybe SS showed us the unmodified one before Trevor came in and tweaked it?

Last edited:
I think it's clear the shades are making the forehead look to small. Those pics of the unpainted sculpt have convinced me that the likeness is incredible.

I hadn't even realized from the proto photos that Trev gave him a slight smirk to his mouth, really adds to the idea of the statue actually being Arnold twisting around like that.

OK! Now sideshow, we really need you hire a real photographer!!

It will avoid giving the wrong impression to everyone!:wave

OK! Now sideshow, we really need you hire a real photographer!!

It will avoid giving the wrong impression to everyone!:wave

That will cost them money,probably whomever is on break takes the pictures with an iPhone.

No insult to either painter or photographer, but what I think happened in the production photos is the lighting and shading of the paint job aren't jiving with the lighting and shadows of the photography, whereas the Trevor pics have a primary and secondary light source only with strong shadows on a monochrome sculpt.

I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a new collectble! I'm absolutely stoked to get this beauty! :rock This will be posed right next to my T2 and Jason 3 when it arrives.

No insult to either painter or photographer, but what I think happened in the production photos is the lighting and shading of the paint job aren't jiving with the lighting and shadows of the photography, whereas the Trevor pics have a primary and secondary light source only with strong shadows on a monochrome sculpt.

You make some valid points there, Surfer. The sculpt is awesome. :D

The only problem with this piece is the sunglasses. The piece above the nose is a bit thick and they sit too high on his face. If this minor issue is fixed the other problems everyone is worried about will go away.

I am not sure it would shoot up the price that high but I bet it would definitely increase the price a bit, what that increase would be, I dunno.

I would like to see SSC go down this route at some point but they would need to practice it A LOT. It works sometimes and sometimes it does not. It doesn't always work when cinemaquette does it.

A bit of price rise won't be an issue. I mean if I am getting realistic hair effect for say $500, I would be happy to pay. Give that if the job is not done precisely and the output looks weird then certainly I wont opt for it. Maybe there should be some automated solution for it like they have dye-making machines where you just feed it through the computer and you get precise outputs.

Well for the spikey bits on top it'd have to be really really dense lest you see the 'scalp'. But what about the longer, flatter-lying hair on the back and sides and how the hair on top graduates into this - I dunno, I thinks it all a bit more complex than it appears. I think it'd be difficult getting 'real' hair to mimic that.

Yes it will no doubt be a complicated job. But then again it is not impossible to pull off. They can do if they want to. Only question will remain of the end result and how good they can make it look.

Stop and think about it for a second. You don't punch doll hair into polystone, so that means using another material like silicone. And then you get into the whole issue of matching the head to the hands, etc., plus if you're punching the hair on top, sclupted eyebrows will look cheesy. So then you need real hair for that too, which is even more difficult and takes more attention to detail. When you get into this and expect the factory to pull it off, guess what happens to pricing? It ain't cheap. :nono

All agreed. But it will be mechanized process for the end production once they figure out the technique. Because you can't expect it to be done by hand as fixing each bit of hair on it will be way too tedious. And just for the hairdo they cannot shoot the price in the bracket of $1500-$2000. It will be reasonable to charge $500 for such PF with realistic hair.

I think beceause it's an old movie there wasn't much production material to go by. though if SS managed to get their hands on the rubber model from the eye surgery scene they may have totally nailed it(they have done a decent job anyway). With modern movies there is so much more production and promotional material to go by, that's why I think HT got the T1 to look so good, they had the scans from T:S. And with motion capture getting bigger expect to see more accurate representations of people, creatures, etc.

This is purely the way I see it, I maybe wrong.

Oh and what about 3d printing, what will that bring in a few years.

Last edited:
Back