Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered that too with say Indy's hat on the ROLTA and ToD PF's I have...why not real leather or something and the hair, what there is of it sticking out from the hat--why not some mixed media as PF's are mixed media...

Oh I dunno, I wouldn't trust 'real hair' on it. I know people have made great looking real hair on 1/6 Jokers but would it work for this haircut?

This hairdo seems simpler for real hair effect. I mean think of using stiffer bristles. Something similar to art brushes.

I wondered that too with say Indy's hat on the ROLTA and ToD PF's I have...why not real leather or something and the hair, what there is of it sticking out from the hat--why not some mixed media as PF's are mixed media...

Well just in layman's term PF is something you pay premium price for high quality. So might as well provide the buyer with more realism. I am not comparing Cinemaquette here as it is beyond PF. It is luxury. But given that even the Optimus Prime comes with a hefty price tag. But again where is the realism is materials? It is realistic paint work.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl flirting!!! you are funny. But on a serious note you mean adding realistic hair will shoot the pricing from $324.99 to $2000???

I am not sure it would shoot up the price that high but I bet it would definitely increase the price a bit, what that increase would be, I dunno.

I would like to see SSC go down this route at some point but they would need to practice it A LOT. It works sometimes and sometimes it does not. It doesn't always work when cinemaquette does it.

Dino, I haven't seen that bust for a while, very impressive. i was blown away when i first saw it. However, i'm sure a couple Freaks can find the likeness issues on that sculpt. EVERY SINGLE human sculpt has some sort of (minor) likeness issue. EVERY ONE, no matter if it's 1:6, 1:4 or 1:1 scale, i have yet to see 1 human sculpt that is 100% perfect.

NC, I am not waiting for in-hand pics. I am securing my EX and moving on to the next.

The only real big issue is the lack of forehead on Arnie
Original:
300068press03.jpg

Modified:
ar.jpg

Thanks for the photoshop gbtv01, IMO i think the change is negligible and not necessary. Call me crazy but i prefer the lower hair line, because in you PS picture, it looks as if Arnold's hair is (ever-so-slightly)receeding.

How many centimeters is his forehead off. His hair doesn't look just right. Yet someone posts a screencap and everything matches right up, including jaw and still the naysayers...

The hair line is off by centimeters...literally.

Does anyone know Arnold was wearing a wig? ...because after tech Noir hair line is very strange....pretty straight, not thick, not thin, but kinda spacey...just kinda there.
terminator-hollywood.jpg

I know the hair is the biggest complaint about this piece... I understand we expect perfection, but IMHO it's absolutely impossible to nail Arnold's Police Shootout hairline 100%...via traditional sculpting.

Because then you're flirting with Cinemaquette pricing. :lol
Oh I dunno, I wouldn't trust 'real hair' on it. I know people have made great looking real hair on 1/6 Jokers but would it work for this haircut?

I agree with you guys about price and not trusting real hair. Real hair is great in theory, but i've rarely seen it executed to perfection.

This hairdo seems simpler for real hair effect. I mean think of using stiffer bristles. Something similar to art brushes.

Well for the spikey bits on top it'd have to be really really dense lest you see the 'scalp'. But what about the longer, flatter-lying hair on the back and sides and how the hair on top graduates into this - I dunno, I thinks it all a bit more complex than it appears. I think it'd be difficult getting 'real' hair to mimic that.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl flirting!!! you are funny. But on a serious note you mean adding realistic hair will shoot the pricing from $324.99 to $2000???

Stop and think about it for a second. You don't punch doll hair into polystone, so that means using another material like silicone. And then you get into the whole issue of matching the head to the hands, etc., plus if you're punching the hair on top, sclupted eyebrows will look cheesy. So then you need real hair for that too, which is even more difficult and takes more attention to detail. When you get into this and expect the factory to pull it off, guess what happens to pricing? It ain't cheap. :nono

Well can we agree that this looks way more like Arnold then Hot Toys Indy looking like Ford?

Not to nit pick but I actually think there is too much hair on the sides. It is what gives him a full square/stuntman mike look. Kurt Russell always has had a lot of hair.

It's why I think the side shots look good. You can't see how thick it is on the sides.

sansre2e.jpg

Stuntman%20mike.jpg

terminator-hollywood.jpg

Again I am a big fan of this piece I just adding my 2 dents about the hair.

Yea I don't think real hair would look so great. Adding "real" hair to any piece is iffy as is and I like the way the hair is sculpted. I really like everything about this PF so much that it's going to be my first and probably only PF due to the price. Then since i missed out on the T2 T-800, I'll have to wait years for the Enterbay one to be released so that should buy me some time :lol

Well can we agree that this looks way more like Arnold then Hot Toys Indy looking like Ford?

:exactly::lecture

Last edited:
Not to nit pick but I actually think there is too much hair on the sides. It is what gives him a full square/stuntman mike look.

It's why I think the side shots look good. You can't see how thick it is on the sides.

I agree JAWS. Straight-on...at first glance it does look like there is wayy too much hair on the sides above his ears, creating the square looking head.

However, if you go to the (Pose-specific) Police Shootout scene you will see he has TONS of hair above his ears, creating a very strange, awkward looking hair-do.

This isn't the greatest quality shot...too much damn gunshot residue :lol but it highlights strange situation i'm talking about (specifically on the sides of his head).
IMG_0859.jpg

sansre2e.jpg

After closely examining the sculpt vs the pics above it seems Sideshow actually cleaned up the hair around his ears, and i am glad they did.
Once again, at first glance i completley agree the hair seems too thick, but reproducing his hair during this scene was a tough task for the most talented sculptor.

I'm not sure if this has been said, but has anyone seen how good the paint looks? i mean I know usually with SS the paint doesn't come out as good as the proto but judging from their recent SW figures like Captain Rex HS who's paint is the best I've seen SS do,(even better than the proto piece) I hope that this being of larger scale will get an even more impressive or at least as good paint job as the proto

I doubt seriously that the production piece looks as good as Surfer's paint job on the prototype, but fingers crossed that it won't look too much worse!

Why this doesn't have light up feature ? SideShow is getting cheaper day by day.

Back