T-1 or T-2 - which film is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Terminator movie is your very favoritest?

• The Terminator

Votes: 105 48.6%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • Terminator 3

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Terminator: Salvation

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
I'm curious, do those that voted for T2 also prefer movie remakes over classic originals because of new technology? Also curious as to the age of people that prefer T2 over T1? I wonder if there's a trend? I'm not saying either choice is wrong, I'm just curious. I like stats.

I'm 23 and I prefer T2. Just feel it took the first film and expanded it and bettered it.

Much more depth to it in my opinion and I also prefer Arnold as the protector.

I'm curious, do those that voted for T2 also prefer movie remakes over classic originals because of new technology? Also curious as to the age of people that prefer T2 over T1? I wonder if there's a trend? I'm not saying either choice is wrong, I'm just curious. I like stats.

I prefer T1, but I think it's because I saw it in the theater and knew that it was innovative and original for the time.

But I would normally prefer remakes over originals when it comes to effects pictures. I'm very much looking forward to Clash of the Titans. But a remake like the recently proposed Harvey makes little sense to me.

I voted T1. T2 is great but I always thought that the whole T-1000 liquid metal thing (as cool as it was visually) even for science fiction was a bit far fetched. T1 is awesome for the simple fact that you get Arnold as the T-800 doing what it does best........Terminating!

i feel the same way about the t-1000 as cool as it is it throws out the logic of the first film in t1 the t-800 can time travel because it has living tissue around it but the t1000 is all metal but could still time travel inever got that

T1, it blew my mind and my aunt bought it on videotape (when they were like a 100 bucks a piece). I remember it like it was yesterday in it's little white clamshell case. T1 is AWESOME.

I can't believe T1 is still leading! Didn't T2 trounce T1 in the other thread in this same forum? Wierd.

I voted T1 myself, I'm 27 and was 9 when T2 came out. To be honest I'm not sure if I had seen T1 by that point. All I know is I probably preferred T2 back then but now I have to go with T1. T2 drags a bit in the middle, the T-1000 disappears for a huge chunk of the film to the point where you exclaim 'huh, almost forgot about him' when you finally see him again.

I don't get people finding T1 outdated because of the eighties fashions - its a film both made and set in the eighties, obviously its going to look 'of its time'. I wouldn't hold that against it. And yeah as I said theres one hell of a mullet in T2!

I prefer T1. Always have , always will. T2 is amazing though. I can't really split these movies , its like LOTR , a continued story. Except then part 3 came along. :lol

i feel the same way about the t-1000 as cool as it is it throws out the logic of the first film in t1 the t-800 can time travel because it has living tissue around it but the t1000 is all metal but could still time travel inever got that

And if the cop clothes became metal and were part of him why did he come back naked? Don't the clothes in the future become metal too? :)

I personally think the low budget of T1 adds to it, it helps give it a more realistic and gritty, grounded feel somehow, and a smaller scope, which benefits it. On the other hand the bigger budget and more polished production of T2 is perfect for that film. I have a hard time choosing between the two as of now, they're pretty much equal in my mind, but I know I put both ahead of T3 and TS, though I got some enjoyment out of those as well.

T1 all the way, it's a classic, orginal work that was a flash of genius from Cameron... you can see how hungry he was for it to work in every single frame.
T2 was just a good, competent sequel with a ton of cash thrown at it, don't get me wrong, I like T2 a lot, but there can be no comparison in terms of which is better and more important.

Where were all you T1 voters in the HT 'Which Terminator figure do you want next?' poll??

Tell me about it...I voted for T1 three times from different computers... made no difference at all!

Where were all you T1 voters in the HT 'Which Terminator figure do you want next?' poll??

Believe me, if I would have been aware of that poll I would definitely have voted T1. I love the new HT T2 T-800 and have it on order but I would have prefered the original. I've had the opinion for a long time that T1 has been greatly forgotten when it comes to collectibles, as I posted a while back on another site:

"Is it just me, or has the first Terminator movie been neglected when it comes to collectibles? It seems like the market has been saturated with collectibles from T2 while T1 has been forgotten.
How cool would it be to have a PF figure of Arnold in the classic movie poster pose? Or even as he's walking down the halls of the police station?"

Now after seeing how well HT can nail Arnie's likeness I think I would actually prefer seeing him done as a HT 1/6 figure as opposed to a Premium Format. It would just offer more dynamic display options.

Last edited:
I was asking that question rhetorically rather than anything else. I have no idea who did or didn't vote in that poll and I've no reason to blame anyone for T1 not winning it. I just find it strange that T1 is suddenly the preferred film in this thread despite the previous poll and the HT figure poll favouring T2 by quite a margin.

I think the issue with T1 and collectibles is that the rights to likenesses haven't been there, which has made it difficult to get figures. But seems that HT has made a lot of headway and should soon be answering our T1 1/6 wishes.

I am surprised that T1 is now holding a comfortable lead, in the last poll T2 was holding a similar margin.

T2.

I'm sure if I was the same age when T1 came out, I'd prefer it. I think I just wasn't old enough to appreciate the first one, and the second one just resonates with me more.

I still like the first movie a lot though.

I probably didn't see T1 until I was 12 or so, but always knew it was supposed to be a kind of scary/intense movie. So seeing it for the first time (which was a few years before T2 came out) I was totally blown away.

I think in short period of time I saw T1, Conan the Barbarian and Mad Max. I think after that I was fundamentally changed :lol

I voted T2 for the reason already mentioned he played the hero but T1 has the best line ever I'll Be Back!

Back