T-1 or T-2 - which film is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Terminator movie is your very favoritest?

• The Terminator

Votes: 105 48.6%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • Terminator 3

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Terminator: Salvation

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
When I was younger T1 was nothing more then ok in my eyes, but as time has passed the movie has got better and better. Today I consider it as one of my favourite movies, but I still prefer T2 if I have to choose between those two.

I guess it comes down to nostalgia since T2 was the first 18+ movie(as I can remember) I ever bought that my mum and dad did not allow me to see because I was too young, so I hid it from them. Then I saw the movie when they was at work and it blew me away with its awesomeness and since that day I've always been a fan of Terminator.

Today I'm 25 years old and my favourite film is still Terminator 2 :)

While both films were groundbreaking for their time, I think the edge goes to T2. T2 just does everything right - Cameron takes what works from the first film and weaves an endearing, tightly scripted story through the brutal action and (at the time) revolutionary special effects. For many, it's the film that made the Terminator a household name, whereas the original enjoyed a mostly occult following until after the sequel blistered in popularity.

Taken together, the concept, story and characters still from one of the greatest sci-fi tales of all time. And it still kills me that Cameron gave up on the franchise (especially since he created it). We can only wonder where he could have taken it.

he felt he told the story and it was over. you cant blame him. un;ike other directors in hollywood, he only tells a story he feels is necessary or will make an excellent film. he has not milked anything, so im glad it ended at T-2. i want cameron at his best or not at all.

Also, the makeup effects were a lot better in the first movie than in the second, referring to Arnold's makeup only.

in the words of palmer in the thing: "you gotta be f@#$%king kidding!" :D

I don't get people finding T1 outdated because of the eighties fashions - its a film both made and set in the eighties, obviously its going to look 'of its time'. I wouldn't hold that against it. And yeah as I said theres one hell of a mullet in T2!

well, i did qualify that cameron could've intentionally emphasized the 80s feel to create the contrast against the future world.

but there are degrees to which a movie's production design lodges itself into an era. like i established, there are other 80s-set movies that do not come across as blatantly 80s as t1.

also, the music in t1 vs t2: the cheesy synth music (eg: tech noir) and parts of brad fiedel's score in t1 really add to the dated-ness. in t2, there was much less of it, esp in fiedel's score, although the overall themes were exactly the same. he made the electronica-based flourishes slightly more generic, and hence, more timeless. plus cameron chose more timeless classics like "bad to the bone" for the soundtrack. on the other hand, guns&roses may now be passe, but hey, rock&roll never really goes out of style.

Where were all you T1 voters in the HT 'Which Terminator figure do you want next?' poll??

I thought there were licensing issues with T1 so you can't get any collectibles from that movie anyway. Is that right? :huh

Surprise at how many people have noted T2.I wish the poll was public so I could have put those people on ignore from now on.

Hahahaha.

I remember watching T1 when I was a kid. It was love at first site. After it was over, I started to renact scenes in my backyard and house, such as the classic Police Shootout, and the "eye ball rip" using a fake eyeball, and some playdough.

Good times. :D

I wonder if people voted for T3 because of Christanna Loken because that's a good reason. :drool I wish the poll was public so I could have put those people on my friends list from now on. :lol

he felt he told the story and it was over. you cant blame him. un;ike other directors in hollywood, he only tells a story he feels is necessary or will make an excellent film. he has not milked anything, so im glad it ended at T-2. i want cameron at his best or not at all.

Exactly. Cameron stopped because there was no more story to tell. That's why everything after T2 has been terrible. They keep trying to draw water out of a dry well.

You got that right i'd never watch T3 again. :monkey4 :monkey4

Thank god a fellow fan from the Terminatorfiles forum did send me his recut of the movie which rightend the term "That was a different T-101!" to "That was a different Terminator" and erased all lame and unlogic content and gags.

Way better to watch now...

I was asking that question rhetorically rather than anything else. I have no idea who did or didn't vote in that poll and I've no reason to blame anyone for T1 not winning it. I just find it strange that T1 is suddenly the preferred film in this thread despite the previous poll and the HT figure poll favouring T2 by quite a margin.

I understand that you weren't actually looking to place blame and have people step forward. I was just agreeing that it is a surprise to see that so many have put T1 at the top of this poll and not the other that you had mentioned.

I think that maybe T2 is favored when it comes to collectibles and merchandising because it appeals to a much broader audience, many that were possibly sucked in by the hype and wowed by the special effects and explosions.

I understand that you weren't actually looking to place blame and have people step forward. I was just agreeing that it is a surprise to see that so many have put T1 at the top of this poll and not the other that you had mentioned.

I think that maybe T2 is favored when it comes to collectibles and merchandising because it appeals to a much broader audience, many that were possibly sucked in by the hype and wowed by the special effects and explosions.

That, and not many collectibles from T1 were/are offered. Most of the stuff one can find to collect are T2 or later.

In my opinion, nothing beats the scene of T-800 Endo raising from the fire and going after Sarah and Kyle in the Cyberdyne factory. The whole scene with Endo limping after them in the hallway.....priceless!

That, and not many collectibles from T1 were/are offered. Most of the stuff one can find to collect are T2 or later.

In my opinion, nothing beats the scene of T-800 Endo raising from the fire and going after Sarah and Kyle in the Cyberdyne factory. The whole scene with Endo limping after them in the hallway.....priceless!

You got that right and it´s quite astounding that no statue is avaiable with transparent fire that lights up and Kyle and Sarah in the foreground.
Or a dio with the Endo trying to grab Sarah through the cage from the press.

There are so much possibilities. Let´s what HT is doing with their new T1 line...

You got that right and it´s quite astounding that no statue is avaiable with transparent fire that lights up and Kyle and Sarah in the foreground.
Or a dio with the Endo trying to grab Sarah through the cage from the press.

There are so much possibilities. Let´s what HT is doing with their new T1 line...

I believe that diorama/s with one/some of these scenes from the first movie would be sold out in matter of days.
Don't know why nobody bothers to do it, I have read about problems with licensing anything from first movie, but Hot Toys apparently got the license..

It seems like some people who liked T2 better in their younger years, grew to like T1 more as they age.

T-1. I like T-2. It's a great movie but Edward Furlong is F'n annoying in that film and every scene he's in once he starts talking or squealing with that high pitched voice is unwatchable for me. I also thought the whole "Hasta La Vista Baby" crap (and all the other stupid interaction with JC and the T-800) was corny as well.

Back