T-1 or T-2 - which film is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Terminator movie is your very favoritest?

• The Terminator

Votes: 105 48.6%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • Terminator 3

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Terminator: Salvation

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised at all the favoritism for T-2 being expressed here. I guess I always thought everyone thought T-2 was a great sequel, but the first film still had more resonance. But it looks like I'm mistaken.

Yep, I'm going with T-2.

Say what you will about Cameron, but he really knows how to make an action movie.

T1.

T2 is pretty close, but the corny manufactured catchphrases and general annoyingness (that's a word, right?) of Edward Furlong knock it down just a peg. It also gets a little too jokey at times.

T1 is better made, T2 is way more entertaining. Best example of that is the Terminator puts shades on in the first movie to cover his battle damaged eye, in the second he puts shades on just because it looks cool with the biker gear.

I would have to go with T-2 but it's a close call with T-1. Anything with the Terminator is good.

T1- no contest, anyone saying otherwise is dumb imo.

I picked T1 just for the music, its so much a part of the world. When theyre in the parking lot and the music starts, it gets me every time:cool:

T1.

It also gets a little too jokey at times.

Bingo! I just watched T2 the other day. I forgot how much forced comedy there is in it. The "bad to the bone" music. Also, where he takes the sunglasses from the guy so he looks cool. In the original he wore the sunglasses to hide his eye. T2 is more style than substance. Still a great sequel though and fun but not better than the first.

I had to go T2. I was so super-charged after that movie.

I loved T1, but its low budget and some of the compromises forced upon it just knock it down a quarter peg for me. I generally go with the first except in this case and Road Warrior.

T1, hands down...

T2 Dialogue: "Wow, my very own Terminator!". Stuff like that, and the stupid smile like a human sequence, little John's annoying voice, Hardened Clinically Manic Depressed-looking Sarah.. all that knocked it down a few pegs for me.

As far as Story, Innovation, Intensity... Performances, Smashmouth action, T1 will always be the King of Terminators for me.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8yFD21bgQwQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8yFD21bgQwQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

T1 definately.
I can't take that kid that played John Conner with all the whininng throughout the movie. I find myself watching it and sometimes wishing Arnold would let the terminator kill him. And yes, Deckard nailed it! You cant beat the police station shootout scene !!

Back