T-1 or T-2 - which film is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Terminator movie is your very favoritest?

• The Terminator

Votes: 105 48.6%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • Terminator 3

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Terminator: Salvation

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
I believe that diorama/s with one/some of these scenes from the first movie would be sold out in matter of days.
Don't know why nobody bothers to do it, I have read about problems with licensing anything from first movie, but Hot Toys apparently got the license..

It seems like some people who liked T2 better in their younger years, grew to like T1 more as they age.

I was always undecided between the 2, cause T2 is one hell of a movie, cause of so many reasons but T1 is just pure cult, awesome when you think about the budget and it started one hell of a ride, considering discussions, forums, collectibles and so on.

I remember how it all started for me, dunno if there´s a thread for it, but:
I was about 8 years old, when my parents and I were at my aunt and uncle´s house when we were watching T1. The arm and eye surgery scene had just happened (so I had already seen the big red eye, by the way: miss that lense shot. Never happened again -.-) and Arnie crashed into the police station when my dad said I should go to sleep.

So there I was, in my cousins room with a look outta the window and there was a neighbor´s house corner with a garland hangin´from one corner to the next every frikkin´bulb is broken, except for one direct to the corner...you can imagine what I thought?

:lol

that was it, I was done and when I was old enough it was the coolest thing to watch that movie again, get into the franchise and all.
It´s still the best for me...but the Bayformersverse is growin´on me.

;)

I believe that diorama/s with one/some of these scenes from the first movie would be sold out in matter of days.
Don't know why nobody bothers to do it, I have read about problems with licensing anything from first movie, but Hot Toys apparently got the license..

There isn't really a license problem with the movie, the problem is the license doesn't cover actor/actress likenesses and to do products featuring the likeness would require extra fees and efforts with the actors and/or their rights companies, which is what Hot Toys had to do in order for their Dutch to have an Arnie portrait. You can get away without likeness on something like the Aliens Power Loader because the Weaver face wasn't key to the piece, but with Terminator stuff, without Arnie's likeness at least, and ideally Biehn, the products have less appeal, especially with today's market and prices.

There isn't really a license problem with the movie, the problem is the license doesn't cover actor/actress likenesses and to do products featuring the likeness would require extra fees and efforts with the actors and/or their rights companies, which is what Hot Toys had to do in order for their Dutch to have an Arnie portrait. You can get away without likeness on something like the Aliens Power Loader because the Weaver face wasn't key to the piece, but with Terminator stuff, without Arnie's likeness at least, and ideally Biehn, the products have less appeal, especially with today's market and prices.

Ahhh, I see! Thanks for clearing that up, I remember reading about that, but totally forgot! :)

Still, T-800 under the press, with hand sticking out trough the bars.....Would love to see that diorama! And no actor approval needed!

I remember seeing T1 in the cinema and it playing on my mind for months - fantastic, T2 was outstanding and I even enjoyed 3 as the ending more than made up for the poor points in the film. Salvation sucks a fat one and comes after the Sarah Connor Chronicles, T2 the Ride and Ayslums 'The Terminators' and even Charlies Angels was better.

I have probably watched T2 More than any other movie. However I prefer T1 because Arnie was badass as the villain and it was ahead of its time when it came out

erm... 2736x3648, 2.1MB. Thats outrageous regardless that the forum temporarily resizes it after loaded.

Lovely piece nevertheless.

You know whats funny about t-2 .
in that awesome bike truck chase ,when the truck hits the ground the windows break out, right.
the next moment there back in again!!.
And the T-800 stuntdrivers head makes me laugh.
Look at that head when he escapes between the wall and the truck.

T2 was a great 80s action flick but only an okay sci-fi flick. I think a lot of people have fondness for this film because they remember how cool it was to see it in the theatre back then.

Meanwhile, the first film was a fantastic sci-fi flick.

I put the first Terminator up there with Road Warrior, while I put T2 right around Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

Would say T-1, brings back the best memories! Arnold as the bad guy, gotta love it!

I voted for T-1 because I laugh every time arnold runs over the toy truck :lol

Regular scene Arnold drives up onto the truck ................ deleted/extended scene he finishes his business, gets back into his car and completely drives over it destroying it. :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7gtEWQVov6o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7gtEWQVov6o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back