T-1 or T-2 - which film is your favorite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Terminator movie is your very favoritest?

• The Terminator

Votes: 105 48.6%
  • Terminator 2

Votes: 101 46.8%
  • Terminator 3

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Terminator: Salvation

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
T-1 is a classic sci-fi flick.
T-2 is a classic summer blockbuster flick.

T-1 for me is a better more well rounded movie. And I agree with Obsolete & Preshea that Furlong almost killed T-2. I was hoping Arnold would just kill him so I didn't have to listen to him anymore.

And I finaly got around to watching Salvation tonight and I think they should have gone with the other ending and had Marcus take over Johns idenity... would have been cooler than a lame transplant.

t1 is paced like a racehorse on ecstacy, introduced the world to the twin-power of arnold's screen presence & cameron's sheer inventiveness, and is still a poster boy for well-made low-budget films (a true oxymoron!). it's a great film, and highly-influential not just for sci-fi but pop culture in general.

but visually it has not aged well, thanks to the terrible 80s hair and fashions. it is very obviously a film of its time. of course, cameron might have consciously drawn out the 80s setting to emphasize the differences between the (then) present day and the future world reese came from. but that also means it can't have that timeless feel that some other 80s set films do. i think ghostbusters or ET don't feel as 80s as t1.

also, the make-up effects do not stand up today as convincingly as stuff like john carpenter's the thing.

i personally prefer t2 NOW. and i don't give a crap if anyone thinks i'm stupid/ignorant. the true dumbasses are those who are incapable of seeing past their own opinions.

granted, u could say t2 is also showing its age, but to me it's not as glaring as t1. of course, that's not the main reason i prefer t2. i just feel the sequel broadened the universe established in t1 and made it far richer. which what all great sequels do. i also love the themes cameron twisted around for the 2nd film: that technology in itself is amoral, and if a killing machine can learn the value of human life then humans have a lot to learn from their mortal enemies. i felt that was a very meaningful, profound thought.

ok, that's just my 2 cents'. feel free to flame me now. :D

T2 visually has held up extremely well. I re-watched it recently, and for the most part, it looks like it could have been made in the past year.

T1's effects are definitely dated, but being a child of the 80's, I still love those old dodgy composite shots, the very obviously animatronic Arnie (which was actually quite impressive for it's time) and the stop motion endo. I love the hell out of that endo. The stop motion just makes it feel creepier and more evil for some reason.

T1- no contest, anyone saying otherwise is dumb imo.

Dumb means deaf and incapable of speaking.

Seriously, to say people are stupid for not voting for T1 is silly. But okay.

But I did love T1. Man, if T1 had T2's technology. Oh yes. That stop motion was horrendous.

But it didn't really bother me as a kid then.

T2 for sure.Better soundtrack,better effects,better acting and story, was not as boring as the first one.I only liked the police station shootout scene and battle with the T-800 in T1, nothing else stood out.

T1 for me. I love gritty, dark movies a la 70's flicks. T2 is a great, GREAT movie, no doubt but very Hollywood. 70's style films are my preference which I think influenced T1....

T1.

But I voted for T3 in the poll.
:cool:

Because that mkes perfect sense :D

T-1 is a difinitive masterpiece

T-2 is the best sequel

T-3 is an epic fail

T-4 is a good new beginning :cool:

My opinion....but ofcourse is Most Important :lol

The only memorable part of T2 for me was her dream sequence. I think it's because it was the only part that carried the same weight that the first movie had from beginning to end.

T1 is best. And T:S...:yuck

I think favoritism of one over the other comes down to the order you viewed them in, if you were part of the 80s when T1 came out or more a 90s kid when T2 was the big thing. You can also just prefer one over the other anyway too.

I totally agree with this idea. When I was a kid, T2 was where its at. I couldn't wait to watch the edited version on TV! haha!

T1.Its a better film in every way for me. Its darker, grittier and has much more emotion.

T2, while awesome, is really just a summer blockbuster. A great sequel, but a totally different attitude than T1, more user friendly.

The Original Terminator is the best. 'nuff said.

Terminator Salvation gets a lot of slack with it's plot holes and story, but I think it's judged unfairly. In my perspective, the plot holes aren't really plot holes, you have to just fill in some bits from what you already learned from the first 3 movies, which isn't hard, it's just that most people who aren't hardcore terminator fans, just don't give a crap. anyway just my 2 cents, agree or disagree I could care less.

Back