Premium Format Sycocollectibles announce Marvel 1/4 Scale License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more competition is always good, but lets hope syco really put some effort into it this time, because their 1/4 mortal kombat statues are all crap with wrong body ratios, bad paint, etc..

more competition is always good, but lets hope syco really put some effort into it this time, because their 1/4 mortal kombat statues are all crap with wrong body ratios, bad paint, etc..

This ... more crap for more money ... for now I take sideshow over them any day. (and PCS for the mortal kombat pieces)

I don't think ssc has any competition with Syco. There products are ok but not great.

I agree. Sideshow has nothing to worry about...yet. Only time will tell.

This got me curious and started looking at Syco's website and don't feel that impress. Been looking at all those Mortal Kombat statues they got going and I think they are pretty good, but not enough to make me go "WOW!"

I will give them a chance still and see how SSC respond to them.

I looked up Syco Collectibles website also and I wasn't that impressed either.

That's not to say they are a crappy company. Their Mortal Kombat statues are very nice looking but nothing spectacular.

But I'll keep an open mind when/if they get things going.

Yes, I got excited about the thought of some competition for Sideshow as well. But the postings seem vague and amateurish. The website gives no information about where they are located, where they ship from. They say they use paypal and that their ordering system will be up in early 2012... implying they haven't updated this for over a year. And where is an official announcement on the website?
I dunno... I'm skeptical.

I agree. Sideshow has nothing to worry about...yet. Only time will tell.

I looked up Syco Collectibles website also and I wasn't that impressed either.

That's not to say they are a crappy company. Their Mortal Kombat statues are very nice looking but nothing spectacular.

But I'll keep an open mind when/if they get things going.

Yes, I got excited about the thought of some competition for Sideshow as well. But the postings seem vague and amateurish. The website gives no information about where they are located, where they ship from. They say they use paypal and that their ordering system will be up in early 2012... implying they haven't updated this for over a year. And where is an official announcement on the website?

Yeah, seems they def need to get thier **** together if they are gonna take on the giant.

I agree with all the points you made.

Yeah, seems they def need to get thier **** together if they are gonna take on the giant.

Absolutely. :lecture

If they produce 4-6 pieces a year and ensure good QC and art direction I hope they do well. Competition is good for everyone. Personally I feel SS has been lacking on their Marvel license in the past year. Hopefully if SC are successful in their releases it will give SS the necessary boost.

If they produce 4-6 pieces a year and ensure good QC and art direction I hope they do well.

Those are big "Ifs".

Competition is good for everyone. Personally I feel SS has been lacking on their Marvel license in the past year. Hopefully if SC are successful in their releases it will give SS the necessary boost.

Sure. Competition is great for everyone, especially collectors.

However, I agree with KingB...they had best get their **** together first if they want to make a good run at the Big Boys.

So far they're less than impressive, IMO.

It's not like SS have had a great couple of years with QC issues. I don't think they need to take on SS. Look at Bowen. If (yes that's a big IF) they can as you say get these right they should have a market.

I don't care too much for what Syco is putting out but I will keep an open mind toward there upcoming Marvel license.

As far as first impressions go, they need to do a number of things.... namely have thier first 1/4 Statue be amazing however long it takes. People will take notice. Also clean up that crumby website. And price competitively.

As far as first impressions go, they need to do a number of things.... namely have thier first 1/4 Statue be amazing however long it takes. People will take notice. Also clean up that crumby website. And price competitively.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

Until I see an an official announcement on their website or facebook page.....I won't believe it. I do know they said they had the Marvel movie rights overseas, but I have yet to see anything officially announced.

I'll believe it when I see it! I want to see it They may have some pretty impressive stuff. My main issue is their paint apps. The sculpts are decent but paint apps need work. Its like they are scared to use a straight black paint color.

We need see some previews of the spiderman. Can somebody contact with that people of Syso??

:exactly: :lecture :goodpost:

I agree, KingB, especially about their website. They need to update their site ASAP and keep it current.

I checked out some of there stuff not overly impressed with there MK line but there Optimus & Bumble Bee Statues look pretty cool though. I'll definitely be keeping an eye for these, especially after reading that all there releases will be in premium format 1/4 scale. If Spidey looks good I'll definitely order it & give them a chance

I checked out some of there stuff not overly impressed with there MK line but there Optimus & Bumble Bee Statues look pretty cool though. I'll definitely be keeping an eye for these, especially after reading that all there releases will be in premium format 1/4 scale. If Spidey looks good I'll definitely order it & give them a chance

It's going to be the movie lines first so it's hard to tell. Some people don't buy movie statues no matter how good they are. I wished they start with the reg comic versions first. Btw will we have a 12 days of syco, syco Halloween events, sdcc syco events etc? :wink1:

Last edited:
I am not familiar with these guys. Just googled them, and the sculpts of their existing statues don't seem nearly as nice as what SSC consistently puts out IMO. But, I'm all for some competition if it ultimately means better products from whoever is making this stuff.

Back