Superman vs Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would win in a fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, even Wolverine, if I am not wrong. I guess any superhero who gets into a brawl with Hulk would eventually give up because he's so darn persistant. I guess you can't defeat him. Even after he's down, he'll come back after he recovers and try to get even. Just leave him alone, isn't that what he always wanted.

Yup. Though now recovered, he turned Wolverine into a mindless vegetable. Wasn't even a contest, really. :lol

Yup. Though now recovered, he turned Wolverine into a mindless vegetable. Wasn't even a contest, really. :lol

It's all in the end game when it comes to Wolverine.

Wolverine_Old_Man_Logan_Giant-Size_Vol_1_1_page_26-27_Robert_Bruce_Banner_Earth-90210.jpg

At least that what I choose to tell myself. :monkey3

It's all in the end game when it comes to Wolverine.

Wolverine_Old_Man_Logan_Giant-Size_Vol_1_1_page_26-27_Robert_Bruce_Banner_Earth-90210.jpg

At least that what I choose to tell myself. :monkey3

I'm still stumped over how he pulled that off after being completely dismembered and chopped to bits (we also know that wouldn't kill Hulk). Deadpool, Logan's not. Kickass story though, nonetheless. :lol

Hulk might be stronger than Superman, but not vastly so. Superman can fly and is vastly faster than the Hulk. It would be easy for Superman to move so fast that the Hulk could not react and fly Hulk into orbit before he could react. In orbit Hulk passes out from lack of oxygen eventually.

Superman has too many powers and is too strong for the Hulk to stand a chance.

Hulk might be stronger than Superman, but not vastly so. Superman can fly and is vastly faster than the Hulk. It would be easy for Superman to move so fast that the Hulk could not react and fly Hulk into orbit before he could react. In orbit Hulk passes out from lack of oxygen eventually.

The flying into orbit option was null and void. As has been pointed out, post WWH can breathe in space. Plus, grabbing him to fly him into space puts Supes in Hulk's grasp. Equally, flying him into the sun would be the equivalent of firing gamma bombs into the sun which would kill every living thing on earth. Solly Cholly. :lol

I hate to say this, because more often than not, I see it used to reinforce a douchily thin argument, but this should be a necessity for any true fan of good writing (unless you're a Nolan fanboy only). It still stands up today much like Kingdom Come (which has to be THE BEST comic book story ever told). Avoid the sequel to TDKR though, it flat-out sucked as the desperate cash grab it was.

Fixed. :1-1:

The flying into orbit option was null and void. As has been pointed out, post WWH can breathe in space. Plus, grabbing him to fly him into space puts Supes in Hulk's grasp. Equally, flying him into the sun would be the equivalent of firing gamma bombs into the sun which would kill every living thing on earth. Solly Cholly. :lol

Nope, you're wrong, I'm right. Superman can move much, much faster than the Hulk, so much faster that the Hulk would not be able to react during the trip into orbit.

There's no air in space, so Hulk can't breath there. Maybe he can hold his breath for a long time or maybe he doesn't need oxygen, but he can't breathe what's not there.

If Hulk doesn't need to breathe, it's still a moot point. In the absence of gravity and with nothing to push off, the Hulk would be unable to change his position, though he could change his orientation. Superman, with his ability to fly, can move easily in space and could chose to leave Hulk in orbit or push him into the Sun or leave him on Venus or Mercury or the center of Jupiter or wherever.

Even if the Sun doesn't destroy the Hulk, which it would since the temperature would disintegrate the Hulk and overwhelm his gamma induce healing factor, the Hulk would be trapped in the gravity well of the Sun since, again, he'd have nothing solid to push off of and would be completely unable to change his position. Also, the Sun is so much more massive and energetic than the Hulk, that his gamma energy would be only a small perturbation and would not affect the Sun at all.

Superman's flight, speed, strength, invulnerability etc. would overwhelm the Hulk. It's not really even a contest.

When the film Constantine hit dvd I watched it not expecting much, thought it was pretty good. Everyone tells me to read Hellblazer but I'm not sure what stories to seek out.

Nope, you're wrong, I'm right. Superman can move much, much faster than the Hulk, so much faster that the Hulk would not be able to react during the trip into orbit.

He can fly fast, not carrying weight and certainly not carrying someone who can wail on him as hard as a Kryptonian.

There's no air in space, so Hulk can't breath there. Maybe he can hold his breath for a long time or maybe he doesn't need oxygen, but he can't breathe what's not there.

Scroll back a few pages for a comic panel disproving your little "fact." :lol

If Hulk doesn't need to breathe, it's still a moot point. In the absence of gravity and with nothing to push off, the Hulk would be unable to change his position, though he could change his orientation. Superman, with his ability to fly, can move easily in space and could chose to leave Hulk in orbit or push him into the Sun or leave him on Venus or Mercury or the center of Jupiter or wherever.

:lol The Hulk can easily generate propulsion from the energy in his thunder clap which shatters ground and can level buildings making your point irrelevant.

Even if the Sun doesn't destroy the Hulk, which it would since the temperature would disintegrate the Hulk and overwhelm his gamma induce healing factor, the Hulk would be trapped in the gravity well of the Sun since, again, he'd have nothing solid to push off of and would be completely unable to change his position. Also, the Sun is so much more massive and energetic than the Hulk, that his gamma energy would be only a small perturbation and would not affect the Sun at all.

Re-read what I wrote genius. The sun would kill the hulk. A gamma bomb killed Maestro. And I've already disproved your theory about him not being able to change position. But tossing that much gamma radiation into the sun would kill every living thing on earth. You should've payed attention in science. :lol

Superman's flight, speed, strength, invulnerability etc. would overwhelm the Hulk. It's not really even a contest.

Superman's not invulnerable. Speed is an advantage but not strength. And invulnerability? How quickly you write off Doomsday and he was a chump compared to the Hulk.

Last edited:
He can fly fast, not carrying weight and certainly not carrying someone who can wail on him as hard as a Kryptonian.

Scroll back a few pages for a comic panel disproving your little "fact." :lol

:lol The Hulk can easily generate propulsion from the energy in his thunder clap which shatters ground and can level buildings making your point irrelevant.

Re-read what I wrote genius. The sun would kill the hulk. A gamma bomb killed Maestro. And I've already disproved your theory about him not being able to change position. But tossing that much gamma radiation into the sun would kill every living thing on earth. You should've payed attention in science. :lol

Superman's not invulnerable. How quickly you write off Doomsday and he was a chump compared to the Hulk.

For a guy who posted how nauseated he was by the debate and the thread in general you sure hold your own in slinging the geek speak.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I can agree with that! :exactly::lol

I'd also add Barker's Son of Celluloid TPB (your avy), Nightbreed run and the Hellraiser TPBs to that too, but I think he's an acquired taste. :lol

It is, but the quality of what they were putting out at that time was groundbreaking. It is as quality now as it was then. Did you ever read Mills and O'Neill's Marshall Law?

That reminds me of Marvel Ruins, anyone read it?

Yeah I read it....from what I remember they changed artists and it went from beautifully painted to hastily drawn like 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way through and went from potentially great to kind of a disaster pretty fast. :gah:

:nono "Shush stoopid head. Batman is teh awesome and you don't read comic books!" :mad:

Apparently I don't either though.

That all you got? Weak.

No ____. :lol But then there's a whole world of douches who think Batman rises and sets with Nolan.

Look who's talking.

It still stands up today much like Kingdom Come (which has to be THE BEST comic book story ever told).

No, wrong. That would be Watchmen. :lecture

:exactly: You just earned some mad respect points for the Kingdom Come statement.

Not really, it's going to take alot more then that.

Hulk is not stronger then Superman. They are pretty closely matched in strength, but his other powers a far greater then Hulks.

If Hulk doesn't need to breathe, it's still a moot point. In the absence of gravity and with nothing to push off, the Hulk would be unable to change his position, though he could change his orientation. Superman, with his ability to fly, can move easily in space and could chose to leave Hulk in orbit.

:exactly:

So the Hulk is now Kryptonian? Sorry, I don't think so. Even though he's been augmented by gamma rays he's still human.

Yeah, so?

Superman was powerful enough to break a cell that a Big Bang level force could not.

Your second profession must be a rocket scientist.

Superman's not invulnerable. Speed is an advantage but not strength. And invulnerability? How quickly you write off Doomsday and he was a chump compared to the Hulk.

Just about. Superman is like one huge battery full of solar energy. There are two ways to weaken him... Kryptonite or exhaust him to point that all the energy is gone. Doomsday did the later of the two.

And Doomsday is not a chump. Any character that can overcome death and defeat and then never be able to be killed or defeated in that way again is pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back