"Money" Mayweather VS. Canelo Alvarez

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo.VS.ozone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright Fight Fans.......Mayweather VS. Alvarez.......Who's Got the Win? Any Predictions?

Canelo is a beast but my instincts are telling me to......
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuag2ot4ZLU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
This is the classic case of the young lion taking the pride. BUT...that's only if Mayweather's doesn't have the legs. He's got speed/experience over Canelo, however if his leg's are shot, he's KTFO.

Still my $ is on $$$ M

At some point Mayweather is going to get his a$$ handed to him. Who knows if it will be this fight, the next or the next. But at some point father time, bad luck or the wrong matchup on the wrong night catches up with every fighter that stays around too long. Money is making $41M for this fight. I think the main reason his paydays keep going up and up is that everyone wants to see him knocked out and shut up. That's probably why he's playing the loudmouth, arrogant villain. It's good for business.

At some point Mayweather is going to get his a$$ handed to him. Who knows if it will be this fight, the next or the next. But at some point father time, bad luck or the wrong matchup on the wrong night catches up with every fighter that stays around too long. Money is making $41M for this fight. I think the main reason his paydays keep going up and up is that everyone wants to see him knocked out and shut up. That's probably why he's playing the loudmouth, arrogant villain. It's good for business.

He's openly said that. For over a decade now he's built himself an empire being the unbeatable villain and it's certainly working. I remember watching him as a featherweight when he was still trying to prove himself and was humble and hopeful and always smiling. But somewhere around that Arturo Gatti or Zab Judah fight he started making sure he was going to be a headliner. And definitely cemented that by the De La Hoya fight.

But, as far as this fight goes. I've said it for years, Mayweather's only real threat is father time. He's in a league of his own when it comes to technical talent. He's mastered the philly-shell defense on a professional level that I've never seen before. That shoulder roll of his is nearly perfect even if he's in a corner against the ropes. I admire his talents in the ring but not what he has become out of it.

But I still think people are sleeping on Canelo. This honestly might be the hardest match up Mayweather has ever had.

Last edited:
He's openly said that. For over a decade now he's built himself an empire being the unbeatable villain and it's certainly working. I remember watching him as a featherweight when he was still trying to prove himself and was humble and hopeful and always smiling. But somewhere around that Arturo Gatti or Zab Judah fight he started making sure he was going to be a headliner. And definitely cemented that by the De La Hoya fight.

But, as far as this fight goes. I've said it for years, Mayweather's only real threat is father time. He's in a league of his own when it comes to technical talent. He's mastered the philly-shell defense on a professional level that I've never seen before. That shoulder roll of his is nearly perfect even if he's in a corner against the ropes. He admire his talents in the ring but not what he has become out of it.

But I still think people are sleeping on Canelo. This honestly might be the hardest match up Mayweather has ever had.

:goodpost:...That's a hellava post!

I'd put my money on "Money"! But I'd say I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo won. I definitely be SHOCKED...:horror

I love Canelo...I hope he KO's $$ Mayweather.....But I just don't see it happening...Hope it's a good fight.

Like many here, I'd like to see Mayweather lose, but I'm not about to pay for it. I'll read about it the next day.

The fight I was willing to pay for had a window that came and went. We'll never know now and we can thank Mayweather for that.

Like many here, I'd like to see Mayweather lose, but I'm not about to pay for it. I'll read about it the next day.

The fight I was willing to pay for had a window that came and went. We'll never know now and we can thank Mayweather for that.

Oh, Manny and his agent had PLENTY to do with that as well. Floyd's greed was a big factor, but for Manny he had his opportunities to just sign up and make his case. But whether it was the olympic-style drug testing, the 60/40 megafight split, or the reluctance after both the Marquez fights, the excuses were flying over there as well.

And for a guy who most of his biggest wins since coming up in weight were bruising through guys that had been taken apart by Mayweather right before him, I think his stances looked more suspect believe it or not. That, and the constant trouble Pacquiao has against counter-punchers never really made me buy into that fight. It would have been great for the sport, but I didn't see it nearly as close of a fight as many casual boxing fans did.

Tonight's the Night Fellas! Lets Get It On!

canelo%20v%20mayweather.jpg

Here's hoping "Money" makes an example out of this boy tonight! Because I know that'll leave a lot of you out there with a sour taste in you mouth.

Back